1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I don't think ANY excuse from Hot Toys is good enough for the blatant ignorance and disregard for their customers. It's not even that they're JUST ignorant to people waiting for this, it's every time there's a delay that they stop caring. If the quality of the product was mediocre then I'd be long done with a company that treats its loyal customer base the way they do.

Waiting IS part of it.
Taking the .. shouldn't be.

Interesting that this is only the second version of Gamora from HT, if I'm not mistaken. Star Lord has gotten quite a few releases, but I'm a bit surprised Gamora hasn't. I'd thought she'd get an IW release since she played a huge role in it and had the second most screen time.

Interesting that this is only the second version of Gamora from HT, if I'm not mistaken. Star Lord has gotten quite a few releases, but I'm a bit surprised Gamora hasn't. I'd thought she'd get an IW release since she played a huge role in it and had the second most screen time.

I can only surmise she isnt a big seller. Its true of the villains as well, even though villains are probably the majority of my top 10 figures.

I can only surmise she isnt a big seller. Its true of the villains as well, even though villains are probably the majority of my top 10 figures.

Yeah, that's most likely the reason...Gamora just doesn't pay the bills like the red and yellow tin man does.

Heck, I'm sure her sister Nebula is probably a better seller than Gamora.

when was the last time HT put out one of those 'Upcoming Release' group shots? Those pictures went a long way to calm the fires on these boards.

I think since the factories opened up again, they have been working in overdrive to crank out these figures to make up for lost time. And we have been getting a lot of releases: Rocket, Antman, Spiderman homemade suit, Ronin, Black Widow, Jawa, Leia/Wicket, Remnant,Spiderman 2099, Boba, Mando, Star Lord. Its like as soon as something was ready they just shoved it out the door. They haven't had time to coordinate or communicate what they're doing because they're so far behind schedule

If I recall correctly, Hot Toys is just based in Hong Kong, but the majority of their production is done in South Korea. And again, if I recall correctly, South Korea never shut down for nearly as long as Hong Kong did, so I'd be willing to be that they aren't as in overdrive as it might seem. At least, I certainly hope not. Once they go into overdrive, there's going to be quality control issues, and that's going to suck at $250+ per figure. I'd imagine the delays were more because Hong Kong effectively shut down and there was probably no communication back and forth.

Still, it's an absolute joke that Hot Toys has zero communication with their customer base. With prices going up, delays mounting and quality sure to become an issue sooner or later (thankfully it hasn't yet, but it's coming), it's going to become very undesirable to be a Hot Toys collector anymore. I just hope everything they have announced doesn't suffer any quality issues, because there's some good stuff coming.

Wait.. are you sure about that?
I'm originally from Korea, still part of figure community in Korea and neve heard of that.
But I know that South Korea usually gets products 3-4 months after HK and USA gets it, so I'm not sure if production is in Korea.

I know a lot of their artists & sculptors are from Korea.

Wait.. are you sure about that?
I'm originally from Korea, still part of figure community in Korea and neve heard of that.
But I know that South Korea usually gets products 3-4 months after HK and USA gets it, so I'm not sure if production is in Korea.

I know a lot of their artists & sculptors are from Korea.

As I understand it. JC Hong (paint master) and the sculpting / development team are based in Korea. But the production is in China. Office / Secret Base outlet etc in Hong Kong.

Edit : here's a video everyone should watch if they're interested in Hot Toys.

https://youtu.be/Ne1MqbCxg38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it. JC Hong (paint master) and the sculpting / development team are based in Korea. But the production is in China. Office / Secret Base outlet etc in Hong Kong.

Yes, I believe this is correct. Design/development in Korea and production in Hong Kong.

WbIQwGR.jpg

Another figure announced after Gamora released. It HAS to be a licensing issue; or maybe they can?t get the green right?

I don?t mind waiting. It gives me more time to save up, but two years is so absolutely ridiculous I can?t even fathom it.

Another figure announced after Gamora released. It HAS to be a licensing issue; or maybe they can?t get the green right?

I don?t mind waiting. It gives me more time to save up, but two years is so absolutely ridiculous I can?t even fathom it.

Nah. It's just figure from outdated movie, they focus on more current and popular figures = more money. By now it doesn't matter if they will release Gamora in one month or a year. It is late and not current enough.

Nah. It's just figure from outdated movie, they focus on more current and popular figures = more money. By now it doesn't matter if they will release Gamora in one month or a year. It is late and not current enough.

whiplash_marvel_gallery_5f1a2f4b9cd20.jpg

Yes they need to focus on current and high demand figures :wink1:

Well Alita is finally out, so perhaps Gamora will soon follow suit? :D

Back