1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny reading some of the early posts of this thread. :)

Yep, I said that... seemed to make sense back then for it to be a quick release, lol.
The outfit and the newly painted head sculpt is still the biggest selling point.

My Vol. 1 Gamora still seems dated compared to the other Guardians on the shelf.

And while the switchblade would be cool, I don't think I would ever actually display it.

It’s now been delayed to Nov-Dec 2020. Good lord, this better be the best female figure Hot Toys has ever produced.

Yep, I said that... seemed to make sense back then for it to be a quick release, lol.
The outfit and the newly painted head sculpt is still the biggest selling point.

My Vol. 1 Gamora still seems dated compared to the other Guardians on the shelf.

And while the switchblade would be cool, I don't think I would ever actually display it.

V1 is the Endgame version now so it's actually more up to date lol

So it will be almost 4 years after movie for some of us, at best. What a joke. But she is last, i need her. I don't hold my breath for Mantis in this situation.

I'd 100% have cancelled this by now if I had ever PO'd it, it's honestly ridiculous that HT is so quiet on the matter and can't even give their customers some transparency on the matter.

I actually called Sideshow today and asked about this figure, and they said they've gotten no indication on what's going on with this figure from Hot Toys, and the rep I spoke to admitted himself that the delays were getting extensive and ridiculous.

I'm genuinely losing all interest in owning this figure. This was supposed to be my last Marvel figure to fill out the last available spot on my Marvel shelf, but I'm wondering if I'm better off cancelling and getting something else at this point. It's just gotten out of control.

Hopefully they are using that time to upgrade it to sculpted hair.

I HIGHLY doubt it. I think they've just been prioritizing other figures. Like Mandalorian, Endgame figures, etc that are going to be bigger sellers. It's pretty apparent since a bunch of figures that have come out this year have had much shorter Pre-order to release times.

I don't get the frustration. Waiting is part of this hobby. You get it when you get it. There's no control over any of it. That's just the way it is.

Personally, there are many figures coming soon. I'm happy to space them out as far as possible.

I don't get the frustration. Waiting is part of this hobby. You get it when you get it. There's no control over any of it. That's just the way it is.

Personally, there are many figures coming soon. I'm happy to space them out as far as possible.

I don?t think waiting itself is the issue though. This figure has been delayed and delayed with no reason given as to why so I?d say it?s more due to the lack of communication from Hot Toys, when you are paying $250 for a barbie you should be receiving strong customer service on top of a quality product.

This figure has been delayed by about a year at this point, you can?t really even blame it on COVID when it was supposed to release before that was even an issue.

It is part of this hobby, but shouldn't be. It's so wrong. Unique and utterly disrespectful from Hot Toys. From ridiculous delays to zero communication with customers. I wish there were some capable competition for them, maybe then they would start to work as a normal company which actually gives a ****** about customers.

when was the last time HT put out one of those 'Upcoming Release' group shots? Those pictures went a long way to calm the fires on these boards.

I think since the factories opened up again, they have been working in overdrive to crank out these figures to make up for lost time. And we have been getting a lot of releases: Rocket, Antman, Spiderman homemade suit, Ronin, Black Widow, Jawa, Leia/Wicket, Remnant,Spiderman 2099, Boba, Mando, Star Lord. Its like as soon as something was ready they just shoved it out the door. They haven't had time to coordinate or communicate what they're doing because they're so far behind schedule

Back