1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as far as I know this is what was solicited for Endgame:

1. Black Widow
2. Hawkeye (Deluxe Version)
3. Hawkeye
4. Thanos
5. Thanos (Battle Damaged)
6. Rocket
7. War Machine
8. Iron Patriot
9. Captain America
10. Captain America (2012 Version)
11. Mark 85
12. Mark 85 (Battle Damaged)
13. Thor
14. Captain Marvel
15. Rescue
16. Loki
17. Nebula
18. Hulk
19. Tony Stark (Team Suit)

...with 13 still on 'Pre-order' status. Don't even know if they cleared out the Infinity War figures:

1. Iron Man Mark L
2. War Machine Mark IV
3. Thor
4. Captain America Movie Promo Edition
5. Captain America
6. Bucky Barnes
7. Star Lord
8. Doctor Strange
9. Iron Spider
10. Black Widow
11. Groot and Rocket
12. Groot
13. Hulkbuster (Power Pose)

I lost track a while ago. So much so that I thought this Gamora was under 'Infinity War' not GOTG Vol. 2 ... :slap

Trying to decide whether to cancel this or not. So many cool Mando figs to pick up and with season 2 right round the corner, my hype is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20245676_975562415965127_7304007066019795736_n.jpg

18010590_1726290854335658_3629079348773839132_n.jpg

10854807_1834585856559698_7534420420497037208_o.jpg

https://www.onthisday.com/date/2017/april/22

Lol

So unless I'm mistaken, with Qui-Gon, The Wasp and Alita all releasing, and Cody supposedly coming this week, there is a loooong gap between Gamora and the next figure that Hot Toys is behind on. In fact, they might be pretty caught up on their delays, amazing that Gamora is still nowhere to be found. I doubt we'll have her in hand this year. Going to get her two years late at this rate.

So unless I'm mistaken, with Qui-Gon, The Wasp and Alita all releasing, and Cody supposedly coming this week, there is a loooong gap between Gamora and the next figure that Hot Toys is behind on. In fact, they might be pretty caught up on their delays, amazing that Gamora is still nowhere to be found. I doubt we'll have her in hand this year. Going to get her two years late at this rate.

Huh ???

You say she is the last delayed figure after Cody. Meaning she will probably be released in the next couple of weeks. Allowing for a month or so from Hong Kong that should be possible for this year being considering roughly 3 months remaining at that point.

But whatever.....

Huh ???

You say she is the last delayed figure after Cody. Meaning she will probably be released in the next couple of weeks. Allowing for a month or so from Hong Kong that should be possible for this year being considering roughly 3 months remaining at that point.

But whatever.....

I was saying, off the top of my head, I think all of the figures that have been delayed for an extended period have now been released except for Gamora. I know Cody was due out earlier this spring, and Gamora was last spring, I'm not aware of anything that was supposed to be released in between them anymore. Just trying to point out how crazy this delay for Gamora has gotten.

I was saying, off the top of my head, I think all of the figures that have been delayed for an extended period have now been released except for Gamora. I know Cody was due out earlier this spring, and Gamora was last spring, I'm not aware of anything that was supposed to be released in between them anymore. Just trying to point out how crazy this delay for Gamora has gotten.

There were others i think EG Stark and Nebula were supposed to be out over the summer but got pushed back. Probably a couple more but i don't watch that closely.

Captain America is delayed for some time already too ... I would just wish Gamora will be released with sculpted hair and two part boots for articulation but I think that is not going to happen.

Be patient people. It takes time to switch from doll hair to superior sculpted hair.

Be patient people. It takes time to switch from doll hair to superior sculpted hair.

If they do make that change my interest in this figure will drop and make this whole wait feel worthless XD

Looks like the rumor is true. Gamora, Neblua, Ragnarok stan lee should be next HT release now.

If they do make that change my interest in this figure will drop and make this whole wait feel worthless XD

Personally I?m not a fan of rooted hair, at least not how HT?s executes it 90% of the time and have appreciated their move to sculpted hair on figures that would usually use rooted like BW & WW so far. However, in this world of expensive, 1/6 licensed, mass produced, likeness approved, hand painted headsculpts, Gamora needs rooted hair.

Sure my Vol. 1 arms at the elbows are deteriorating even though they were barely bent but the hair has stayed nicely. I do rotate my collection (mostly in and out of boxes, not flipping) but I?ve had a GotG shelf/area since receiving the Vol. 1 Rocket and Groot 2 pack which means that I?ve had Gamora on display for about 5 years with the hair still looking great. I?ve never used product or brush/comb, only water to shape and style which might have helped it keep well for this long. As much as I have always appreciated that version and the fact that Endgame made it more relevant, ever since seeing the prototype on display at STGCC (2017 I think), Vol. 2 version will replace her on my Guardians shelf.

MAKE IT SO!

Personally I?m not a fan of rooted hair, at least not how HT?s executes it 90% of the time and have appreciated their move to sculpted hair on figures that would usually use rooted like BW & WW so far. However, in this world of expensive, 1/6 licensed, mass produced, likeness approved, hand painted headsculpts, Gamora needs rooted hair.

Sure my Vol. 1 arms at the elbows are deteriorating even though they were barely bent but the hair has stayed nicely. I do rotate my collection (mostly in and out of boxes, not flipping) but I?ve had a GotG shelf/area since receiving the Vol. 1 Rocket and Groot 2 pack which means that I?ve had Gamora on display for about 5 years with the hair still looking great. I?ve never used product or brush/comb, only water to shape and style which might have helped it keep well for this long. As much as I have always appreciated that version and the fact that Endgame made it more relevant, ever since seeing the prototype on display at STGCC (2017 I think), Vol. 2 version will replace her on my Guardians shelf.

MAKE IT SO!

The problem is rooted hair fans will post pictures of figures with messy looking doll hair and try to say it looks good when it clearly doesn't.

Back