1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this long wait I can't help but wonder if they're changing this to sculpted hair, especially considering the last two BWs and the WW84 sculpt. The jetpack could make that a bit problematic, but probably no more than the batons/pack on the BW Snow Suit.

That would be a pretty significant change, dare I say unprecedented... I think it's still more likely that it keeps getting back burnered for other, hotter figures.

With this long wait I can't help but wonder if they're changing this to sculpted hair, especially considering the last two BWs and the WW84 sculpt. The jetpack could make that a bit problematic, but probably no more than the batons/pack on the BW Snow Suit.

They're just pushing it back for another figures. Just like JL Superman. On him they even didn't bother to sculpt correct haircut, while people pointing that out for about two years. So don't expect this to get any extra treatment at all. Just being realistic.

Well I went ahead and canceled Gamora.
I’ve waited longer for some figures but this was getting sad.
I got my NRD back.
Good news is I ordered The Mandalorian that was just released overseas.
Can’t wait to get him.

Just had to look back and check when this went up for PO on SS. First post of it being up was on May 2nd 2018. There was so much excitement for this figure back then. Glad I haven't PO'd, but as soon as it's released I'll buy.... as long as they ditch the rubber arms the first had. :rotfl

I wonder if this is going to end up getting sculpted hair with the delay.

I'm certain that is something they would announce, especially since a good amount of pre-orders are already in. I hope it's not the case.

No more sculpted long hair 🙅*♂️ We have progressed past the need for sculpted long hair. I got my TLJ Rey in a couple days ago and the head articulation is almost none. The head can really make or break a pose imo

Anyway, is it true Nebula got released? I saw someone posted a pic of her box art so idk It would be insane if that released before this

Still think Nebula will come first (along with many other figures that have yet to be released). This is weird, well it's NOT weird in that HT have done this mess before.. but, well you know what I mean.

Communication is not their strong point, you'd think the least they could offer when things continuously get pushed back is some kind of update or statement for those still waiting. The guessing game is not cool the older you get.

Well, we have already seen photos of the actual box for Nebula... so I would still guess she will be out in the next week or so.

Gamora will be in the GOTG2 box, though I am still thinking she will be an "end of the year" release.
Though why it is taking this long beats the hell out of me.

With the Nebula box being shown, I think Nebula's coming first now for sure.

I hope like hell sculpted hair has nothing to do with the delay - I've been on my final payment for this figure for a year, she's 75% paid for, and I want what I've paid for.

Nebula is definitely beating Gamora to release. I'm confident of that.

I know it's a waiting game when collecting sixth scale, and I know there's a lot of calendar left in 2020, but I'm getting skeptical that this figure will even be released this year. It's already a year and a half late and Gamora definitely isn't an overly important in the grand scheme of things, so I'm sure finishing this up isn't a priority for Hot Toys right now. It's just crazy how long this has gone on with absolutely zero update about what the holdup is.

Sorry to bump this, no it hasn't been released.

I did get an email back from Hot Toys stating that it was "coming soon" (great, because you haven't been saying that for over a year now). At least it wasn't them admitting it's never coming at all.

Nice! This is a must-buy to replace my GOTG Vol. 1 version.
I can see this being a quick turnaround release by Hot Toy, too.

Not much new going on here, but the outfit and head sculpt sells it for me.

Its funny reading some of the early posts of this thread. :)

They should give us that damn switch blade. I don't care about the context of the movie. We deserve it as a consolation after all this :cuss

Seriously If I opened the box and they were like "Here little one, thanks for patience."

022gam_ons_inl_03.jpg

All would be forgiven :1-1:

Back