1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see a HT Mantis or Drax 2.0 until GotG3 that is not happening until 2021 and with the year wait it's 2022 before they ship if they even make either one.

There is already two 3rd party mantis figures, we don't even have one proper drax figure.

I was holding out for a Vol. 2/IW version but went ahead and picked up the V.1 in case it would be a while. While there’s definitely room for improvement, the OG Drax isn’t bad if you get him in just the right pose.

I can't see a HT Mantis or Drax 2.0 until GotG3 that is not happening until 2021 and with the year wait it's 2022 before they ship if they even make either one.

Yep, I'm in for the long wait now. Part of this hobby unfortunately. If they don't do a Drax V2, then I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a "Scrawny Drax" somewhere at that point.

I also pre-ordered one of the 3rd party Mantis'. I figured if there are 2 companies making her, then there must be a pretty high chance that Hot Toys won't. I'm sure people in this industry know each other and talk before investing in a figure like that.

I don't get what is going on with this one, figured she was pretty bare bones and would be out quickly.

It's not about if figure is bare bone or not. They don't have endless factory lines. And this is scheduled Q4/19 from the beginning.

Wasn't this meant to be Q3 2019 rather than Q4.
Not much of a difference in time but I agree that HT have been sat on this for a considerable amount of time since pre-orders started. Not that I'm cancelling my pre-order regardless and it's part of the game when you pre-order Hot Toys that the release dates almost always WILL change.

It's not about if figure is bare bone or not. They don't have endless factory lines. And this is scheduled Q4/19 from the beginning.

Wasn't this meant to be Q3 2019 rather than Q4.
Not much of a difference in time but I agree that HT have been sat on this for a considerable amount of time since pre-orders started. Not that I'm cancelling my pre-order regardless and it's part of the game when you pre-order Hot Toys that the release dates almost always WILL change.

The Original HT estimate was Q2-Q3 2019 but as pointed out things change.

You can go to HTs site & go to the details on Gamora Vol.2 & still read Q2-Q3 2019 & it's not like side show beats HK dates

So Hot Toys say it could be anytime between Quarter 2 and Quarter 3...that's right until the end of September, no? Not saying it won't get delayed - it very well might. But as of now, nothing has changed and it's not delayed.

I'm not saying it is delayed my post was in response to it was always Q4 & agreeing that dates are subject to change.

Perhaps slightly off topic but read a short snippit about James Gunn and dealing with Evil Gamora in GotG 3.

Sounds cool actually. Brings another new dynamic to the film as well as tying it in to Endgame. Then he posted this today.

Interesting. Perhaps the GotG 3 Gamora might be the one to get [emoji23][emoji23]

c64e26e240142d16a70126d1f055bc3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0e6da8f46894781218c26175701b6d55.jpg

JC Hong posted this earlier. Says it’s an old test run but looks good. Hopefully this is a sign she’s about to come out.
The only gripe I’ve ever had with this Gamora sculpt is the cheek bones. Hers are definitely more pronounced IRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks absolutely spot on to me. I know some would prefer a more intense expression, but personally I think this captures that main, default look of slight disdain she always has really well. :D

That looks absolutely spot on to me. I know some would prefer a more intense expression, but personally I think this captures that main, default look of slight disdain she always has really well. :D

I agree. Think it fits her well. Can’t wait to have her and Nebula next to Armored Thanos. It’ll be GLORIOUS.

Back