Hot Toys MMS DX TDK Batman suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I'll throw my two cents into this...

For the TDK Batman I would want the figure to be slimmer - maybe use the new slim body with some modifications to ensure this look. The suit CAN NOT be rubber. I repeat no rubber. MY OC TDK figure's suit has lost is newness due to nothing but age IMO and I do not want that happening to this figure. I think the suit should be made out of the material that Medicom used on theirs - easily flexible and holds its detail - which is important for this suit. The TDK suit is highly more detailed then any other Bat suits in film history and the figure needs to showcase this. So either an all soft vinyl suit ala Medicom's or perhaps go the extra mile and do a mesh suit underneath with the components of the suit glued on there.
I think a new belt and boots are also in order with this release. And please no more rubber boots - maybe do the boots in a similar fashion as the HT Superman 2in1 release. As far as accessories I think the rest of you guys are right on the market - a new Wayne head that has that GQ look, the sonar head, sticky gun, wire cape etc.
However, if and I do mean IF HT can get the suit (ie no rubber) and the look of the figure down as he appeared in the film the accessories are just icing on this cake for me. Cause I'll be getting this figure no matter what.

DEFINITELY agree with you on the rubber suit part.... The suit should be durable and reflect the movie material in a better sense ... So HT please listen to us for this.

Other suggestions:
1)And as for the body... it DEFINITELY has to be slimmer.
2) Cape: TOO THICK!!! STILL TOO THICK!! Plus can they really get the RIGHT material for the cape ?? (the outer layer and the inner layer should be different.. and should be like a FLOCKED cape) Sorry about this but this is one of the major complaints for me as I can't stress enough that the CAPE makes the Batman
3) Facial expression: the "smile" open mouth one is a bit screwed... and some expressions have too much wrinkles on the face sculpt. But i bet they will perfect that during mass production.
4) LAST but not LEAST: the FREAKIN Arms@!! Still too damn big in my opinion.. HT please slim it down .... no excuse for this. You've got too many reference photos for an accurate bats.

Last edited:
just my 2 cents, but the gauntlets are still too big and the armor on the biceps are the wrong shape. medicom got the bicep armor right. there is also too big of a gap between the shoulder pads and the chest armor.

What do you guys think about the cowl? Do the lines of it still seem too sharp and defined? Should it be softer? I haven't seen the movie in awhile so I'm iffy on it, but then again it could be the prototype pics and lighting that are making the heads look very sharp, they could catch it in mass production I guess. Also, if the last TDK Bat is obviously bulkier and heavier how much more slimmer could they make the DX Bat body in the chest area, won't that make the head too heavy in comparison to be posed standing upright? I think HT could manage to rescuplt it or make an even more unique body successfully for this figure, but I also don't want my DX figure to take a nose dive and then be so fragile it won't survive the fall.

This one really shows what I'm aiming for, on the first figure there's a bit gap in the back to allow further back tilting of the head to ride the pod, I'd like the DX to have the neck flow right into the head like in the movie, at least much closer than the first figure.

tdkpicture577.jpg

perhaps the neck should be covered with rubber too :rolleyes:
i'm not sure, what do you guys think?

i don't know if it's been said. but it doesn't look like a smile to me. it looks more like he's breathing through his mouth after a tussle. just a thought

perhaps the neck should be covered with rubber too :rolleyes:
i'm not sure, what do you guys think?

yup It would be more like the Medi figure. the Medi neck is hard plastic, its nice and soft like the suit and allows much more movement for the cowl.

the mouth open piece is the scene in Wayne tower where the Joker is about to drop Rachel, when Batman says: "let her go"

i don't know if it's been said. but it doesn't look like a smile to me. it looks more like he's breathing through his mouth after a tussle. just a thought

Exactly how I viewed it. I like the cowl and expressions, just the body bulk that is still bugging me.

i'm not planning to have this baby at first, mostly because i'm against rubber suit.
i mean, i don't want spending hundreds of dollar for the thing that lasted only for a year or so. but to be honest, i found their offer is pretty hard to resist. 2 heads with interchangeable mouth expression is really cool.
so here i am, thinking about decision.
to any of you guys who got problems with your rubber suit batman, can you please post some pics to show what age can do to this rubber.
thanks.

i'm not planning to have this baby at first, mostly because i'm against rubber suit.
i mean, i don't want spending hundreds of dollar for the thing that lasted only for a year or so. but to be honest, i found their offer is pretty hard to resist.

to any of you guys who got problems with your rubber suit batman, can you please post some pics to show what age can do to this rubber.
thanks.

last for a year or so? what do you mean?
My Batman Begins suit is long over a year now and still nothing.

I do not play with my figures though, finding one awsome pose and than let it stay that way...
Only "issue" is dust, that's it.

Look at my picture gallery

i mean, i don't want spending hundreds of dollar for the thing that lasted only for a year or so. but to be honest, i found their offer is pretty hard to resist. 2 heads with interchangeable mouth expression is really cool.
so here i am, thinking about decision.
thanks.

Pull the trigger dude. You won't regret it. :)
Unless you live in an area with extreme weather changes, I think the suit will do just fine.
I own several figures with rubber suit and they've lasted more than 4 years already.

last for a year or so? what do you mean?
My Batman Begins suit is long over a year now and still nothing.

I do not play with my figures though, finding one awsome pose and than let it stay that way...
Only "issue" is dust, that's it.

Look at my picture gallery

i thought someone posted before me that his previous batman is 'aging' :D

sigh... so does it mean i have to wear rubber gloves everytime i want to touch it? :horror

Pull the trigger dude. You won't regret it. :)
Unless you live in an area with extreme weather changes, I think the suit will do just fine.
I own several figures with rubber suit and they've lasted more than 4 years already.

haha.. i have to admit dude.. i might end up buying one :lol
just need a little assurance thats all :D

i have had HT's Davy Jones, AVPR warrior Alien, Predalien and both versions of Krauser for a little over a year now and no deterioration has shown up and they are all Rubber suit figures.

i live in california so we have a pretty decent climate range from cold to "hot as heck" but still all figures are doin fine *knock on wood*

Everybody does. That's why I think most will buy at least 2. 1 for spare. I for one will be doing that. :D

This figure is just too good to pass. :naughty

If I can afford it, me too.

Keep one boxfresh, just IN CASE one deteriorates. In fact, I may pre-order one soonish and then when I get my one from HK on release, I won't have to get two at once.

i thought someone posted before me that his previous batman is 'aging' :D

one person is not the other, I mean that everybody threats it figure different.

I said it already, I do not touch it, when it is posed I leave it.
It's got a nice spot and a good pose, I personally do not feel the need to switch positions and places all the time...I kinda thread it like a statue.
But that's just me...

Though for this DX, 1 pose is maybe kinda not using the full range of what this figure can do.
It has all those faces, the gun, backpack etc and the PERS.
It would be kinda an insult to thread this one like a statue, but I'll see how I will pose it. :)

bottom line: thread your (every) figure with care and not like a plastic toy and it will live long, rubber or not

I'm fairly certain Hot Toys uses silicone rubber which is pretty damn resistant to deterioration. I have some snorkeling gear with silicone rubber bits that are over ten years old and still are fine. Now not all silicone rubber is created the same but I'm not that worried about it. Organic rubber is what you have to worry about rotting.

On the subject of people saying they need to slim the body down more... I really think you're crazy OR you're not being specific enough. The chest and arms could stand to be slimmer but if the legs or torso are any thinner he's going to start looking like a skeleton. It's not by a lot either, we're talking millimeters here.

I'm fairly certain Hot Toys uses silicone rubber which is pretty damn resistant to deterioration. I have some snorkeling gear with silicone rubber bits that are over ten years old and still are fine. Now not all silicone rubber is created the same but I'm not that worried about it. Organic rubber is what you have to worry about rotting.

On the subject of people saying they need to slim the body down more... I really think you're crazy OR you're not being specific enough. The chest and arms could stand to be slimmer but if the legs or torso are any thinner he's going to start looking like a skeleton. It's not by a lot either, we're talking millimeters here.

Yeah, I think some of them want a Machinist Batman

Back