Hot Toys MMS DX TDK Batman suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A rubber sleeve would work if thats how it looks while still allowing the head to tilt back and forth. As the sleeve is on the outside of the head.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Have the neck piece or the plates be rubber like you said.

wait MF, so u want the head to be one piece?

No, i just want the neck armor to be more flush to the head, on the first figure there's a gap in the back, it doesn't flow from the neck to the head because of a cut they made to allow the head to tilt really far back for when you have the figure riding on the pod, so when you have him posed with his head in more normal action poses, there's an ugly gap in back.

I like the idea of a soft rubber piece for the neck brace, I thought that's what the cowl on the Begins figure would be like so you could maximize articulation.

I don't care if it's not dead flush to the cowl like in the movie, just would like it to be closer than the first figure.

Also, if there's a de-cowled Wayne head included, I'd like it to be able to attach to the armored neck like the shot in his penthouse, the first figure couldn't do this.

Yeah, release date is pointless without knowing what's in the set, it could ship tomorrow and if it's not something I want I could care less, once I know if I want it or not, then release is important.

I'd say at this point, we're looking at Late 2009, early 2010 for shipping though. Scary to be writing 2010 :lol

Also, if there's a de-cowled Wayne head included, I'd like it to be able to attach to the armored neck like the shot in his penthouse, the first figure couldn't do this.

The rubber neck or plates would be the best way to go about it. You'd kill two birds with one stone by having the neck look good on the cowled head and by taking it off for Wayne.

Also in terms of a stand, how about Batman's armory cage that comes out of the floor? I could see HT making it. Have him displayed in front of it with all of his gear and weapons.

watermark.php

watermark.php

dark-knight-1.jpg

bat-suit-bruce-wayne-snapshot20080504111201.jpg

Besides his computer you'd have everything. Both suits, the Tumbler, the Batpod, all of his weapons and gadgets, and most importantly a Bruce Wayne.

Besides the Nurse costume they've basically wrapped up the Joker, this would be a great way to finish Batman/Bruce Wayne.

I guarantee Batman will be on the same base as Joker, requires no extra cost, it's a TDK related design, they're not going to make a one of a kind base for Batman. They may include some cases or something from his armory, though I think unlikely, but the base will be like Joker's, all that has to be done is change the name plate and done. If they were going to do character specific bases, I'm sure Joker's would have been some piece of film environment and not the floor of the costume displays.

I have a feeling DX Batman will be TDK suit with improved look, possibly a sonar head, wired cape, stick gun, typicall weapons like the first TDK, maybe wing backpack from Hong Kong scene, and some Wayne stuff like maybe a suit and head, I don't imagine they'll be offering much if anything from his fancy armory or anything like that, be a big surprise to me if they do.

No, i just want the neck armor to be more flush to the head, on the first figure there's a gap in the back, it doesn't flow from the neck to the head because of a cut they made to allow the head to tilt really far back for when you have the figure riding on the pod, so when you have him posed with his head in more normal action poses, there's an ugly gap in back.

I like the idea of a soft rubber piece for the neck brace, I thought that's what the cowl on the Begins figure would be like so you could maximize articulation.

I don't care if it's not dead flush to the cowl like in the movie, just would like it to be closer than the first figure.

does flush just mean: aligned with the head?

Yeah, it's unlikely but that's really the only thing left to do to complete him (the way he appeared in TDK anyway).

Just a suggestion/wish. That would be awesome with him in front of it, in the suit, with a light shining down on on him and his cache.

Also in terms of a stand, how about Batman's armory cage that comes out of the floor? I could see HT making it. Have him displayed in front of it with all of his gear and weapons.

watermark.php

watermark.php

dark-knight-1.jpg

bat-suit-bruce-wayne-snapshot20080504111201.jpg

Besides his computer you'd have everything. Both suits, the Tumbler, the Batpod, all of his weapons and gadgets, and most importantly a Bruce Wayne.
This is perfect

Germaine sent me this message today:

"Hi Tim,

Thank you for sending us the forum link, we'll read the comments and see what we can surprise fans. :)

Regards,
Germaine"

HT are awesome!

Back