Hot Toys MMS DX TDK Batman suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Anyway, to somewhat get this back on track. HT, it would appear the single most important aspect is too get the body proportions correct.

SLIM. SLIM. SLIM.

Anything else is, I agree, icing on the cake.

SLIM. Absolutely. But imho, THAT and the Cowl are equal. A perfectly slim and accurate body with a crappy head won't cut it. So the cowl has to be right, too. Most important thing is the main figure and not so much accessories and extras. Wow us with a jaw dropping, accurate TDK Batman figure.

Definitely.

Needs to have a super acccurate sculpt straight out of the box, with no modifications required.

Small jaw opening, slightly wider sculpt and more rounded back curving into the ears.

Last edited:
Ok.. for people who own (I guess now) the v.1 TDK Batman: How would you feel about HT reusing the utility belt? I've never seen any serious criticism about it and most people who had one swapped it with the Medicom figure to make that Batman "more accurate". So it must be good. So?

Boots? Again, I've never heard much criticism about the v.1 TDK boots. Are there changes that need to be made?

the belt isn't bad - the colour is good but medi's is more accurate in shape. I repainted my medi belt. The HT belt could deffo be improved.

Man i've known this would come. Ordered the medicom one and what happens? An official statement from HT about the DX Batman. :banghead nah, ok, i still will buy this one from HT :)

I think I don't need to say again, that the proportions and the head sculpt should be perfect this time :D Hope HT will give us the ultimative perfect Batman figure out there.

But what I would like to have is also a perfect Bale Bruce Wayne headsculpt with sculped neck and a really nice Bruce Wayne suit. The idea with all his weapons and this display is really nice, but for me a Bruce Wayne figure is more important then the other accessoirces, but again, the Bale headsculpt should be perfect, not like the other bales from the TDK line or the John Connor one. Please make a spot-on Headsculpt, I know you can do it. :D

Ok.. for people who own (I guess now) the v.1 TDK Batman: How would you feel about HT reusing the utility belt? I've never seen any serious criticism about it and most people who had one swapped it with the Medicom figure to make that Batman "more accurate". So it must be good. So?

Boots? Again, I've never heard much criticism about the v.1 TDK boots. Are there changes that need to be made?

In my opinion, from the belt down on the original figure was just fine, they can keep it as is, only need to modify that is if it doesn't mesh with improved waist up proportions.

The body fixes needer are slimming the width and depth of the torso, the arms could use a slimmer and more human shape to them, and the head could stand to be a big larger, only like 110% of the original head.

It's too big and gaudy, seriously inaccurate in scale. Mainly the buckle. I've never actually taken the HT belt off and had it side by side to see but you know for a fact the buckle and outer piece is way off! I do remember Kazu took pictures of the belts side by side.

I do believe the reason it never suffered criticism was because the colour. The colour seems more important here than the shape of the belt. Very few said how good Medicom's belt was in shape and scale but slagged the colour endlessly, which I admit was totally off colour. Their (Medicom's) belt remains properly in scale and shape but missing a canister.

Same goes for the boots. It's the wrong colour as well. The boots are a distinctive black compared to the suit, not grey'ish black rubber.

I do believe one of Joshua's photos proved this. When he had the flash on you could see the difference in blacks. When shooting the HT, the rubber was the same colour. That grey'ish dull look. Plus the HT toes looks like they are from workman's steel toe cap boots.

Last edited:
new-tdk052.jpg

I like this one
:D

i'd prefer if the boots were redone, no rubber boots, something that can be easily repainted

here's some pics i found awhile back
they show large images of the real costumes from the film
you'll find Harvey, Joker, and the Batsuit, heck even Rachel's dress, (don't get any ideas HT) :lol

https://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Batman - The Dark Knight/skarlett - FIDM/

you'll see that the carbon fiber plates have a sort of clear look to them
like hard foggy plastic over a printed image of carbon fiber

i don't have any HT batman, but i think it would be nice if they make a new one using watch-like mechanism, it would be awesome i guess

But what I would like to have is also a perfect Bale Bruce Wayne headsculpt with sculped neck and a really nice Bruce Wayne suit. The idea with all his weapons and this display is really nice, but for me a Bruce Wayne figure is more important then the other accessoirces, but again, the Bale headsculpt should be perfect, not like the other bales from the TDK line or the John Connor one. Please make a spot-on Headsculpt, I know you can do it. :D

i agree, HT been using this 'old tricks', re-sculpted every previous head sculpt. Like the bank robber into the DX one (re-sculpting the mouth part and the hair), like the first joker into the slicked back hair bank robber.
wouldn't it be nice if they make a new one rather than re-sculpting previous one? :rolleyes:

i agree, HT been using this 'old tricks', re-sculpted every previous head sculpt. Like the bank robber into the DX one (re-sculpting the mouth part and the hair), like the first joker into the slicked back hair bank robber.
wouldn't it be nice if they make a new one rather than re-sculpting previous one? :rolleyes:

The first Joker resculpted into the slicked BR head, I really can't see that, looks like a fresh head to me.

The only instances I'm aware of HT just resculpting slightly are BR-DX Joker and BB Wayne to TDK Wayne, everything else has been from scratch.

Okay I'll throw my two cents into this...

For the TDK Batman I would want the figure to be slimmer - maybe use the new slim body with some modifications to ensure this look. The suit CAN NOT be rubber. I repeat no rubber. MY OC TDK figure's suit has lost is newness due to nothing but age IMO and I do not want that happening to this figure. I think the suit should be made out of the material that Medicom used on theirs - easily flexible and holds its detail - which is important for this suit. The TDK suit is highly more detailed then any other Bat suits in film history and the figure needs to showcase this. So either an all soft vinyl suit ala Medicom's or perhaps go the extra mile and do a mesh suit underneath with the components of the suit glued on there.
I think a new belt and boots are also in order with this release. And please no more rubber boots - maybe do the boots in a similar fashion as the HT Superman 2in1 release. As far as accessories I think the rest of you guys are right on the market - a new Wayne head that has that GQ look, the sonar head, sticky gun, wire cape etc.
However, if and I do mean IF HT can get the suit (ie no rubber) and the look of the figure down as he appeared in the film the accessories are just icing on this cake for me. Cause I'll be getting this figure no matter what.

Hot Toys, the new DX Batman looks excellent. The cowl sculpt is vastly improved and the addition of PERS and interchangeable expressions is superb.

However, many of us feel he still need sto be significantly slimmer, mainly in the chest area as it is still too bulky. We hope you can make the necessary changes before release. Thank you.

The quick comparison pics below show the standard on the left and the modified on the right. Making the base body chest much more slender would help the external chest piece fit closer and streamline the appearance.

The third comparison to the movie suit, (although not exactly the same angle), shows how 'flush' the chest to torso piece should be.

comparebatmod.jpg

dxtdkmodded2.jpg

thirdcompare.jpg

Last edited:
I have a hunch the chest armor is still over the the body, causing it to be sticking out further than the movie.

I have a hunch the chest armor is still over the the body, causing it to be sticking out further than the movie.

yep I think so also,

I wonder if dedguy could make a side profile picture of the DX like he did here
TDK-comparison.png

I tend to agree, judging by the second batch of Tommy Richardson pics.

Sent my above post to Germaine earlier today though. Every little helps. :)

Last edited:
One thing that's more important to me than the slight chest adjustments is the trunk of the body which is too narrow.

If you look at:
https://christian-bale.org/gallery/albums/Movies/The Dark Knight [2008]/Shoots/13.jpg

Compared to:
https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/DX02_TDK_Batman_18.jpg

The waist tapers down too much to the waist. A problem the original had more so than the new one but it's still there. Bale's torso as it appears in the suit is almost a rectangle from the front.

I also sent hot toys an email, the suggestions I made were:

- chest sticking out too far
- cape is too long but should be longer than the V1 cape
- Cape does not have the V cut in the back

any other send them on over

Back