HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

image_zpsfd743b0d.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

that looks good. i really need to paint batman's eye lid.

Painting the eyelid well make the cowl look better then stock. It els you can sculpt the eyelid onto the pers. mine are from he BW sculpt.

Kai's faceplate looks great. I just ordered one recently too, got robbie's and love it but its always great to have some options. Really wish I had the ability to sculpt the eyelids too, the squinting look really makes a huge difference.

Kai's faceplate looks great. I just ordered one recently too, got robbie's and love it but its always great to have some options. Really wish I had the ability to sculpt the eyelids too, the squinting look really makes a huge difference.

Foreal, verything make a big difference. When I receive Kai face plate? I was like "F" yeah. The painting is good, I have two so I might trim one to fit deeper in the cowl. Who want to sell me there MRM cowl? I well also do trade for a Ht BW sculpt.

Foreal, verything make a big difference. When I receive Kai face plate? I was like "F" yeah. The painting is good, I have two so I might trim one to fit deeper in the cowl. Who want to sell me there MRM cowl? I well also do trade for a Ht BW sculpt.

I'd love to see the Kai faceplate in the MRM cowl. How much was the faceplate, if I can ask?

Right on, having Kai face plate on a MRm cowl is basically like having a medicom head. Cause Kai face plate is bassically from a medi recast? Or am I wrong?

Right on, having Kai face plate on a MRm cowl is basically like having a medicom head. Cause Kai face plate is bassically from a medi recast? Or am I wrong?

That's what I was thinking. Looks like the medi faceplate as far as I can tell. Which always had a great likeness.

Does anyone know if MRM is going to be doing another run of TDK/TDKR cowls?

Any1 know what causes the shine marks on the cowl? Mine has a nice shiner right on his forehead that stands out very well in lighting:slap

Any1 know what causes the shine marks on the cowl? Mine has a nice shiner right on his forehead that stands out very well in lighting:slap

I don't know but probably not as bad as mine. I have a dot on my cowl, I have to out up with it everyone I look at it. But sometimes I pretend its not there. Not sure if that helps. :)

That's what I was thinking. Looks like the medi faceplate as far as I can tell. Which always had a great likeness.

Thats forsure, I still think medi got bale likeness spot on. But I think the trick is in there sculpt. Medi cowl make ht face plate look even better.

It's a gift to see accuracy, some collector don't. But your one of them. I see horrible photo on here that I just laugh. That's just me.

Thats forsure, I still think medi got bale likeness spot on. But I think the trick is in there sculpt. Medi cowl make ht face plate look even better.

It's a gift to see accuracy, some collector don't. But your one of them. I see horrible photo on here that I just laugh. That's just me.

I don't know about that, as I don't really see a difference in the MRM cowl compared to the dx12 cowl. Haha. But thanks. I'm sure there is a difference but I just don't see it. Although maybe if I had it in hand I would notice. I wouldn't mind getting one purely to have painted eyes with no pers.

It's a gift to see accuracy, some collector don't.

And some people see things that aren't really there and yet some people just don't care enough about very small details. Yet others come to appreciate those differences. Or possible combinations of any/all these things. Personally I think it's great that the hobby has room for talented individuals to be able to offer extras, accessories and even replacements for stock parts. We see a lot of amazing artistic work being done and it allows differentiation between different collectors stash.

I doubt I'll replace the cowl on DX12, but I'll consider some other mods such as shortening the gloves and perhaps the eyes - though I'll have to have the sculpt in hand as I haven't seen any images yet that would convince me it's necessary. I've seen a ton of great looking images, I mean I just haven't seen images of the original that make it look to be a problem that must be fixed.

Any1 know what causes the shine marks on the cowl?

Finger oils, abrasion/wear & loss of fine texture and/or paint. I mean that pretty generically, not specifically with respect to a cowl, but they seem quite likely on this kind of object too. Was anything in contact with that part of the cowl such as part of a box? Anything that fills in the fine gaps on a slightly textured surface, adds a polish to or removes a matte finish, is going to catch and reflect light differently. This is especially noticeable in black and it's one of the reasons lighting and photographing black objects can be problematic.

Last edited:

Nicely said, I agreed. But like how I say it before? It's a gift even if you know it or not. It's not for everyone, even if they admit to it or not. I'm just speaking the truth, I only compliment on good stuff, and I speak for myself not no one els. Everything i say is my own judgement, many well agree and disagree.

If you can't tell between the mrm cowl and ht cowl then, you don't have that kind of gift. And there notting wrong with that. I really like ht cowl, medi just did a better job at sculpting that accuracy. From the photo I seen people post on here already made that clear.

Does anyone know if MRM is going to be doing another run of TDK/TDKR cowls?

He said he didn't think so because it was a lot of work for TDK cowl.

As the cowls yeah it's a big difference. I took some pics and tried to get the same angle. My HT cowl is modified of course but its the same face plate in both cowls.

HT Modded
DA4851C1-6752-4442-BD03-FA64A56DC453-72056-000014B299E780FF_zps20c33ac1.jpg

MRM
C29FF89A-DD5D-4D1F-909A-BFC562039DE3-72056-000014B29E83AE65_zpsd6802706.jpg

MRM
AF7671A4-1E5F-4956-8BA1-D583256E0A4D-62115-000011E76042A7D5_zpsb09987ca.jpg

HT Modded
58FFE01E-B190-465E-BD86-C6D882367F78-72056-000014B28F2ECDAD_zps036bc193.jpg

Huge difference. I thought it was the Green Lantern in the second photo. ;)

The difference is indeed striking.
Still, even though the MRM cowl may look more accurate in some respects (the truth is somewhere between the two cowls IMO), there is no question for me that the modified DX cowl is aesthetically better looking.
The Medi / MRM cowl gives Batman a somewhat retarded expression and I want a cool looking Batman on my shelves.
Modified DX12 it is!

The difference is indeed striking.
Still, even though the MRM cowl may look more accurate in some respects (the truth is somewhere between the two cowls IMO), there is no question for me that the modified DX cowl is aesthetically better looking.
The Medi / MRM cowl gives Batman a somewhat retarded expression and I want a cool looking Batman on my shelves.
Modified DX12 it is!

He did a very bad shot of the two cowl, I mean I wouldn't use the word "retarded" that's harsh. Lol I wish I have one so I can do a comparison.

You crack me up bro. :)

Back