HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I got the rare, eye brow shaved version. :gah: Still waiting to hear back from BBTS. Anyone know how long they usually take? Been a day already. (Yeah I'm really impatient with stuff like this)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Does anyone know of a web site that sells background paper or something of that nature that I could use in a detolf for my DX12 and Bane???

I finally got mine last night!! So excited, I am lucky enough that as far as I can tell there is no defects. I will have to give it a fine tooth comb inspection tonight after work. unfortunately I didn't have much time the other night when he cam in to do a thorough inspection.

So glad to be joining the DX12 ownership club!

Welcome! It is truly a great great figure after all the dissing it and attacks on it(see first couple hundred pages:lol) when you get it...nothing more to say. Pure gold.

I got the rare, eye brow shaved version. :gah: Still waiting to hear back from BBTS. Anyone know how long they usually take? Been a day already. (Yeah I'm really impatient with stuff like this)

Man that really sucks, I hope they can get it swapped out for you. I know I'd be really impatient with that too. I mean when you are paying $200+ you expect perfection!:thud:

Does anyone know of a web site that sells background paper or something of that nature that I could use in a detolf for my DX12 and Bane???

Either that or you can do the awesome thing that CBCollects did on YouTube, I'm thinking of doing the Mirror finish on the ones I'm getting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQsTCJXfLo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQsTCJXfLo[/ame]

They should be in touch with you by tomorrow...they have really good CS...my 1/4 BB had problems and the CS rep told me they were pretty busy since the holidays...I can't see them not replacing the head for you.

[ame="https://youtu.be/W88rB41Z8i4"]https://youtu.be/W88rB41Z8i4[/ame]Which do you prefer ????

Why u deserve?

Either that or you can do the awesome thing that CBCollects did on YouTube, I'm thinking of doing the Mirror finish on the ones I'm getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQsTCJXfLo

I prefer stacking the figures boxes behind the detolf. It looks great. Especially with figures like the CR superman, and it saves you a ton of closet space.

The mirror backing is a great idea as it shows the detail of the back of the figure as well.

These paint chips seem to be fairly common. I never saw one on the Wayne sculpt but I've seen a bunch on the face plates. This bad QC BS has to end. Asking $260 for a figure and sending it out with paint chips and crooked abs is fkin' nonsense. It’s not like they don’t see this stuff when they’re inspecting them. They’re just stamping on the seal of approval and putting them out. MFers! :cuss

Aright guys, sculpting the eyes from HT BW sculpt. From my experience? It's not worth it. It's a pain in the @$$. Not done yet.

Popping the pers out with a metal stick. Which I use for sculpting. Slid it between the pers and the plastic where the eyes face is.

image_zpsa476eefa.jpg

As you can see one eyeball pop open. Once that's is done. Use whatever tools you have and pop the other one out. You don't have to take no "pins" out at all.

image_zpsc8a1ae34.jpg

I wasn't carefull so the metal plate of the magnets pop out. I believe anyone can do it without taking any metal piece out at all.

image_zpsa2855988.jpg

image_zps2880acaf.jpg

Now onto the BW sculpt. I just drew a line on the face where I want to cut. Using a sharp razor knife. Be carefull or your loose a finger. Just cut it straight down where the forehead is and onto both side of the face. Press the knife with pressure on all side. Once it is loose it should be easy to pull it out.

image_zps77e678ba.jpg

image_zps8dab753a.jpg

image_zpsbd75b7f7.jpg

Trimming the rest of the face, you can start by getting rid of the noise. And using the razor knife? Slice it piece by piece. "This is the hard part" there going to be a lot of cutting. Cut it until its the same size as the original plate you took out from the beginning. I use it as reference.

image_zpsbd75b7f7.jpg

image_zpsc98e7be9.jpg

Continue...

Shaving the eyebrow off, this part is tricky as you don't want to trim too much or leave too much on. It well leave a gap when you put it inside the cowl. Sand it once you get the the right depth.

image_zpse1f8d6c2.jpg

image_zps848b7197.jpg

Putting it inside the cowl. I basically just put it inside and use anything tools that shape like a stick. Once it's inside the cowl? Adjust it how you like by pressing on the plate of the eye you with a metal stick. " I didn't glue it" still not done. But somehow I got it to stay.

image_zps5e7245be.jpg

image_zpse94d4503.jpg

image_zpsd412171c.jpg

I use tamiya flat black to paint the face of the eye. Just be care full since you don't want to paint the actual eyes ball. Use a thin paint brush with a fine tip. And work your way around the eyes.

image_zpsdce5f748.jpg

image_zpsf0be19a8.jpg

I well post the finish cowl once I'm done.

Here my dx without any eyes,

image_zps86e78619.jpg

image_zpse21472b7.jpg

Robbie face plate on the left, the one I sculpted out of the BW head is on the cowl.

Wow your a brave man, but looks like that will work out awesome, looking forward to the completed figure!!! I just waitlisted at sideshow for this guy, anyword of another shipment coming or am I SOL?

Now onto the BW sculpt. I just drew a line on the face where I want to cut. Using a sharp razor knife. Be carefull or your loose a finger. Just cut it straight down where the forehead is and onto both side of the face. Press the knife with pressure on all side. Once it is loose it should be easy to pull it out.

image_zps77e678ba.jpg

image_zps8dab753a.jpg

image_zpsbd75b7f7.jpg

Trimming the rest of the face, you can start by getting rid of the noise. And using the razor knife? Slice it piece by piece. "This is the hard part" there going to be a lot of cutting. Cut it until its the same size as the original plate you took out from the beginning. I use it as reference.

image_zpsbd75b7f7.jpg

image_zpsc98e7be9.jpg

Continue...

This is why some actors wont issue their likenesses for toy companies. :lol

Joking aside, I think that looks amazing! Cant wait to see the final pics :rock

I'm looking forward to the outcome of that. May even try it myself.

@Skull I don't think you're SOL. Waitlisters are still being converted. I think you're ok.

Wow your a brave man, but looks like that will work out awesome, looking forward to the completed figure!!! I just waitlisted at sideshow for this guy, anyword of another shipment coming or am I SOL?

You might get lucky. A few of us got on the waitlist and got converted within days. 1 member got converted the next day after jumping on the waitlist.

Back