HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Hey guys, I asked this a few pages back but never got a response. I really like this figure but I'm happy with my DX-02, aside from the articulation issues. Would it be worth it to just buy the body/outfit of the DX-12 and stick it on the other, or is the DX-12 worth selling DX-02 for?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Hey guys, I asked this a few pages back but never got a response. I really like this figure but I'm happy with my DX-02, aside from the articulation issues. Would it be worth it to just buy the body/outfit of the DX-12 and stick it on the other, or is the DX-12 worth selling DX-02 for?

You need to weigh the pros and cons for that yourself. I've never owned the 02. From my research, if I had owned it, I probably would've bought the 12, kept certain parts of the 02, and sold the rest piece by piece.

Here's my Hot Toys DX 12 Batman and Joker Collection Showcase
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejVCQWYDamM[/ame]

Fantastic idea, think I'm going to attempt this on my DX12 head when it comes especially if it doesn't leave that awful purple shine that some permanent markers leave, saves the painful job of disassembling the head to get to the PERS plate, I'm guessing you moved his eyes up as far and down as far when using the fine point marker?

Yup exactly. You have to have a steady hand though.

Get the dx12, part out the DX02 and keep the backpack.

Just dump the dx02, like I did. I have no regrets getting the new one and do not miss the old one. In 5 years the dx02 will be rotted and cracked.

Depend if your a collector go wants all the HT batman? Some just want the bet looking batman figure. I still have my dx02. Not going to sell him because of the sonar head and the backpack that comes with the dx02. I feel like in every figure here something special about.

But if you don't have the dx12 in hand? And your s batman fan? Dx12 is a must buy. Even though it had its flaws. The dx12 suit look more realistic compare to the dx02 rubber suit.

Down fall is dx12 is jack up on its price. If you have the extra cash? Dx12 is must buy. You won regret it

You mean a CAPE for this FIGURE? Find lforigno or Tony Meis in the forum - both have a thread - and pay them. Et voilà, you get a custom cape.

sorry! I mean mantle ;)

I've grown to kinda love this figure over last couple of months.
But the modding just went crazy for a while. It feels like it's used now, finished. I know it too well.:lol

Thanks for the info gang! I guess I'll see what I can get for DX-02 on ebay. If only I had enough posts to sell him on the boards. lol

Wow your a brave man, but looks like that will work out awesome, looking forward to the completed figure!!! I just waitlisted at sideshow for this guy, anyword of another shipment coming or am I SOL?

My bud jumped on the WL on the 12th and his converted 2 days ago. That's after a SS rep said "you can try but it's slim to none"

I might use the Bale head for a better mouth piece but im keeping the PERS i've never owned a HT figure with PERS so its all nice & new to me Might try pick up another Cowl & BW head & have a go at this at some point though. Would be cool to have a 2nd alternative head pose :hi5:

If you want a great mouth piece you don't have to mangle the sculpt. Talk to Robbie :

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119673

Thanks, I wouldn't done it if I didn't have a spare. SSC wait list is a pain. You might not even get one. But let's think positive. Looks around, eBay won't be the best price. There prices are way too high. I was lucky to snatch 2 frm BBTS. But there sold out. Good luck

You're a very brave and VERY SKILLED man :wink1: Looks sick bro :hi5:

What will it be sir? Death or Exile? :pfft:

Death or Exile is a bit harsh but no....he cannot be let off scott free. Maybe "the Window or the Stairs"? Or "Head or Gut"?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtueZUIVyXk[/ame]

I've grown to kinda love this figure over last couple of months.
But the modding just went crazy for a while. It feels like it's used now, finished. I know it too well.:lol

I don't even have mine yet :lol

So I'm the opposite to you, I'm slowly building up parts while I wait, I can't wait to get stuck in.

gohastings site says they have this figure in stock

Last edited:

I can never find anything on that site. Not blaming the site, I know it's me.

No, it's the site.
I always have problems finding things there.
I believe it's easy if you just search for "sideshow collectibles" and it'll show you all the hot toys available.

I don't even have mine yet :lol

So I'm the opposite to you, I'm slowly building up parts while I wait, I can't wait to get stuck in.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you open that beautiful matte grey box. It's a fabulous set despite its flaws. :)

Haven't kept up with this thread but is this sold out everywhere already? I'm hoping to have some extra $ next month and if I do, I wanted to try to pick this one up.

Back