HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

It's the eyes and rounded chin. Yeah i can more easily see clooney than bale. :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just got in a DX12!! (day after my bday but who's counting haha)

First off I have to say I've been on this thread day in and day out in anticipation waiting to see new pics/vids of the figure. Thru all the good and bad that has been picked apart to death I was still extremely excited to get the DX12. Most of the issues didn't bother me too much, but certain things like eyes had me worrisome.

Well tonight I got home and opened the box....

I have to say my expectations were exceeded! I know some people have said the opposite but in my opinion it trumped what I expected from the months and months of pics we have seen. My immediate reactions to the figure were:

*my box and figure had no issues.

*the suit looks like what I expect the real one to be like, not plasticky as the other dark knight suits. It looks great!

*the neutral/smirk faceplate is not nearly as bad as I felt it was in all the pics we have seen. I'm using the frowning/angry plate as its my favorite but the smirk is good also.

*i picked the cowl up and looked at the eyes and I felt like I had a different head than I had been seeing all along. I'm not sure if I'm use to seeing all these close up pics etc. but the eyes seemed so small compared to what we have been seeing. This was my biggest concern and after you move the PERS anyway but straight on or all the way to the bottom it looks great to me.

*the cape is good, it for sure is the best one hot toys has made.

*the Bruce Wayne headsculpt is better in person than any pics we have seen. I need a suit and body ASAP.

*all the accessories and bases are up to par.

*the ankles/calves are a tad skinny but in person not as extreme as it seemed to me from pics.

*shoulder pads are a little to long.

*guantlets look great but the elbow part does stick out too far.

*i can see where people are saying the back of the cowl is not bulky enough but it's not so noticeable unless you are posing him backwards haha.

I personally have posed him walking down the steps slightly tilted to the side with one foot forward. I was going for the final square up with bane kind of feel. I want to post some pics but late night iPad pics are not doing what I'm seeing for myself any justice. I will try and post some pics tomorrow.

:yess: another satisfied customer.
Me, I like it. The eyes thing is well funny. I don't see it. Then, I take a straight in pic, and bang, big googly eyes...where did they come from?
It's all in the photography. I do like it a lot. It poses better than any of my other bats (which is a shame a I want so much to make Keaton Bats do what this can).
I am looking forward to my BatPod now (maybe tomorrow) for this, but of course The Catwoman gets it in March.

Not at all.

batman-george-clooney_560x280.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

:lecture

I know it's late and I just got home from pool league earlier tonight. I'm a lil buzz right now, but I was able to have everything set up and took some photos for y'all to see. I am satisfied with the results of all 3 Nolan Batmans I have on display. Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ActionFigures049-1.jpg

First of all, I dig your set-up. Despite the advances in the DX12 suit, they still display well together.

Now, on to the cowl. I'm not trying to be a duche here, I just am trying to understand. What exactly do you prefer about the DX02 cowl?

Iunno, the DX12 cowl just seems vastly superior to me. I know a lot of people dislike it for a variety of reasons, but you are the first I've seen say they prefer the DX02 cowl. :dunno

It's hard to explain based on pictures alone, but in-hand I prefer the proportions of the widened DX02 head, and the fact that it sits farther down on the neck since I hollowed it out. The only way I think the DX12 head looks decent displayed is tilted downwards at a pretty steep angle, and when you do that the back of the head looks very bulbous and the length of the neck itself is off-putting.

I don't know, like I said it's hard to explain and point things out when I'm using a phone camera with a pretty terrible lens. I may set out to try widening the DX12 head a little at the bottom to alleviate the bulbous look. I also don't like the more stylized look they gave the cowl.

Last edited:

It's a bit more apparent in-hand than in this shot, but yeah...I think what I'm trying to say is that the cowl and eyes and whatnot just feel too over-exaggerated when compared to the rest of the figure.

dxhead.jpg

Finally got this opened up about 2am. Initial thoughts: The head and face doesn't bother me like I thought it would. I have the head tilted down with the eyes slightly up, which minimizes the googly look, imo. I LOVE the way the suit is constructed. I did not have the DX02, but just in comparing to other rubber suits, this seems definitely the way to go. The cape isn't TERRIBLE, but no comparison to the custom pics I've seen..glad mine is on the way. I'm sure others have commented, but this head with the magnet is superb. I love the way this works. Overall a really impressive figure and I have no regrets about buying this one. Sorry if this seems redundant, this was my first Bale Batman figure lol.

Getting my first DX12 today.

wow he really looks like George Clooney Batman,

IMG_4402.jpg

:lol Yep.

However, it's really only from that angle. The head is tilted back there making the chin look very prominent.

From a norman angle, he's definitely more Bale than Clooney:

IMG_4411a.jpg

Regardless, it's a big improvement over the DX02 face plates IMO.

It's hard to explain based on pictures alone, but in-hand I prefer the proportions of the widened DX02 head, and the fact that it sits farther down on the neck since I hollowed it out. The only way I think the DX12 head looks decent displayed is tilted downwards at a pretty steep angle, and when you do that the back of the head looks very bulbous and the length of the neck itself is off-putting.

I don't know, like I said it's hard to explain and point things out when I'm using a phone camera with a pretty terrible lens. I may set out to try widening the DX12 head a little at the bottom to alleviate the bulbous look. I also don't like the more stylized look they gave the cowl.

1) If anything, the back of the DX12 head is too flat. It hasn't looked "bulbous" to me at any angle.

2) I think I understand what you're saying about widening the bottom of the DX12 head. It definitely narrows down more at the bottom than the DX02.

IMG_4410.jpg

It's wider at the cranium than the stock DX02 head, but the DX02 has the wider face.

IMG_4409.jpg

However, I think the wider face of the DX02 is what makes him look like a chipmunk.

That said, I would be curious to see the DX12 cowl widened at the bottom...

3) Personally, I would be more inclined to use the word "stylized" to refer to the DX02 head. In fact others have. The ears alone make that point. And with the exception of the brow shape, the DX02 cowl has very little in common with the real cowl.

Hi All,

This is my first Batman and I just opened him up this morning. Wonderful figure but the cape tabs don't really want to go in. Any tips here?

:lol Yep.

However, it's really only from that angle. The head is tilted back there making the chin look very prominent.

From a norman angle, he's definitely more Bale than Clooney:

IMG_4411a.jpg

Regardless, it's a big improvement over the DX02 face plates IMO.

1) If anything, the back of the DX12 head is too flat. It hasn't looked "bulbous" to me at any angle.

2) I think I understand what you're saying about widening the bottom of the DX12 head. It definitely narrows down more at the bottom than the DX02.

IMG_4410.jpg

It's wider at the cranium than the stock DX02 head, but the DX02 has the wider face.

IMG_4409.jpg

However, I think the wider face of the DX02 is what makes him look like a chipmunk.

That said, I would be curious to see the DX12 cowl widened at the bottom...

3) Personally, I would be more inclined to use the word "stylized" to refer to the DX02 head. In fact others have. The ears alone make that point. And with the exception of the brow shape, the DX02 cowl has very little in common with the real cowl.

Funny thing is I really don't disagree with you at all. My issues with the DX12 head simply come from how it hits my eyes at the viewing angle I have when I look at my display. The way I have to have it tilted, the cranium bulge at the top of the head makes him look like a grey alien because of the way the jaw tapers at the bottom of the sculpt at that angle.

It's all subjective. I like not having the head tilted that far forward, so the DX02 head, the way I've modded it, simply looks better to my eyes because I don't have to tilt it at an extreme angle and he has that square-jawed look that I prefer. It's just more pleasing to my eyes.

I'm no stranger to holding a different opinion about sculpts than a lot of people, just look at the hell I incurred when I said BobbyC's 1/6 Joker just wasn't that good. Of course, it seems that now everyone else shares that opinion of it, so maybe I'm not THAT crazy.

Wonder if this touched a nerve with certain people on here..... :lol

Not me, i enjoyed this review as he always seems to get the proper viewing angles and produces great clarity on most of his reviews, really showcases the product quite well, i just don't agree with the cape needing to have full wire though, if they would have thrown a extra cape in with this i would still welcome that.

Funny thing is I really don't disagree with you at all. My issues with the DX12 head simply come from how it hits my eyes at the viewing angle I have when I look at my display. The way I have to have it tilted, the cranium bulge at the top of the head makes him look like a grey alien because of the way the jaw tapers at the bottom of the sculpt at that angle.

It's all subjective. I like not having the head tilted that far forward, so the DX02 head, the way I've modded it, simply looks better to my eyes because I don't have to tilt it at an extreme angle and he has that square-jawed look that I prefer. It's just more pleasing to my eyes.

I'm no stranger to holding a different opinion about sculpts than a lot of people, just look at the hell I incurred when I said BobbyC's 1/6 Joker just wasn't that good. Of course, it seems that now everyone else shares that opinion of it, so maybe I'm not THAT crazy.

Your not crazy, I have the same set up, I prefer the look of the dx02 cowl on the dx12 body, if I have to modify the dx02 plates to be able to use the dx12, I rather not . Both cowls have their issues, so like my father used to say " leave well enough alone" if you like it with the dx02 good for you, if you like it with the stock dx12 good for you also, if you feel the need to modify it go ahead, is your figure, what ever makes you happy :blissy

Back