HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Glad to see you finally got your bro.

Thanks, buddy!!:hi5: The only thing that sucks major balls is paying after tax. It was $259.99, but as you already know, the 8.25% for us Texans kind of killed it for me. Overall, the total was $281.44. :gah: At least I got him now and feel much better that I don't have wait for this figure anymore. :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Picked this off eBay. Finally found an auction with it in stock and under $290 so I grabbed it. I don't like waiting for Batman. I really don't!

Got my shipping notice from UPS. My DX 12 arrives Nov 20th!

BATMAN WILL ARRIVE ON MY DOORSTEP TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!!

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

I feel like I need "the box" armory piece to make my DX12 complete. And here I thought having the batpod was enough..:monkey2

Thanks, buddy!!:hi5: The only thing that sucks major balls is paying after tax. It was $259.99, but as you already know, the 8.25% for us Texans kind of killed it for me. Overall, the total was $281.44. :gah: At least I got him now and feel much better that I don't have wait for this figure anymore. :)

Damn! I forgot about the taxes, but yes at least your dont have to wait anymore. I love mine and Im still working on a new Bruce Wayne bash. N I need to find time to make a custom display coffee table for my Tumbler and Bat-Pod.

I feel like I need "the box" armory piece to make my DX12 complete. And here I thought having the batpod was enough..:monkey2

Yeah the box looks awesome! Sadly not enough money thanks to the holidays. :-(

:lol

Okaaay, you have been warned. I nearly pissed myself laughing when I saw it this morning.. note: this hasn't been in contact with the DX02 in days..
WTF did HT make the rubber out of on the DX02? Xenomorph blood?
:lol

IMG_1175.jpg

It was the dx12 boots on the dx02 body

...sigh.. I know this is a dangerous thing to post, I guess I never learn. But I thought I'd better warn anyone who is thinking about picking up extra DX12 boots (as ugly as they are) to replace boots on older Batman figures. I bought some extra DX boots and put them on my DX02. Repeat THIS IS NOT THE DX12. It's the DX02 with DX12 boots on. This is after just a week, **** it. So careful guys. What the hell did they make this figure from, acid? It's very strange, it has formed at the top of both boots on the outside, perfectly dry inside. But the plastic is softening already.

photo-57.jpg

yikes!!! better take care and not to do this

A few hopefully better pictures. Stupid camera settings.

newdx1.jpg

newdx2.jpg

newdx3.jpg

As on the fence as I was with this guy, I'm really glad I got him. If I'd have paid $260 out of pocket for him, I'd probably feel differently, but since I got him with store credit, it was a bargain. Everything but the cowl is much improved from the DX02 release, and the suit is very well done. Just overall higher quality. The Bale head sculpt is much better in person than in pictures, but the cowl sculpt...I just can't stand it. It looks ok when it's tilted down with the angry face, but every other look/combo just doesn't work. If anything, my feelings about the cowl sculpt have gotten worse in-hand. Thankfully, I like my DX02 head on it.

First of all, I dig your set-up. Despite the advances in the DX12 suit, they still display well together.

Now, on to the cowl. I'm not trying to be a duche here, I just am trying to understand. What exactly do you prefer about the DX02 cowl?

IMG_4402.jpg

In fairness, the face-plate above is from the DX02 so we are looking at a moded DX12 head here. But on the other hand your pics are of a moded DX02 head. Both the original DX02 and your moded DX02 have a really goofy shape to my eye (like I said earlier, the DX02 head looks like a chipmunk) when compared to the DX12 head.

I've tried to be as fair as I could with these comparison shots:

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4411a.jpg

Iunno, the DX12 cowl just seems vastly superior to me. I know a lot of people dislike it for a variety of reasons, but you are the first I've seen say they prefer the DX02 cowl. :dunno

P.S. I can see Clooney in the DX12 cowl/DX02 face plate combo now that I look at these pics (especially the one with the two cowls in it). :lol

Still love it though. :D

Regarding swapping the boots of the DX12 boots to the DX02...DON'T DO IT! Unfortunately I did it to mine and it was a big mistake. Not sure if it's a chemical reaction or the pressure the bigger calves of the DX02 puts on the newer boots, but yes oil starts to appear...and it never stops. It's been leaking for over two weeks. Had to pick up a new pair of boots on eBay.

^^^ Man, that DX02 is becoming:

tumblr_mdbyzsrsys1rjnt5xo1_500.jpg

wow he really looks like George Clooney Batman,

IMG_4402.jpg

You mean the DX02 or the DX12(with the modded mouth)?

Back