HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Change I made on the mouth of the DX02 to make it compatible with the head to DX12.
121115112304381070.jpg

Thanks for posting. :duff

Did you file the back and the top (upper lip area), or only the chin?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

For some reason I'm getting a George Clooney vibe from those pics of the DX02 faceplate...

It really is an amazing figure, just no way it should be posed anywhere near 6th scale stuff :lecture Big part of why I passed on the 1/4 offerings so far...that and I'm poor and lack adequate display space. :lol
:lol

Honestly as awesome as it is I may end up selling it if I need cash for my 1/6 upgrades :gah:

It's amazing but it doesn't 'fit' in my collection. Yet.

For some reason I'm getting a George Clooney vibe from those pics of the DX02 faceplate...

Me too

Okay, so right from the start, I didn't like the look of the DX12 ab straps (as well as the straps between ribs). Here they are on the real suit:

They are a deep black, and they are pretty subtle. However, on the DX12, they are a grey - lighter than the abs themselves, which makes them pop - plus they are shinny. They draw your eye, and I had to do something about it. This comparison is crap, because I didn't think to take a flash "before" pic. Anyway...

All I did was paint the straps with a flat black acrylic. They are darker and reflect less light, meaning they are more subtle, which makes me happy. I know it's not a major change (and I suspect most can't even see what I did), but I like it. As you can see, I fixed that white spot on his lower right ab as well. :)

Here's a flash "after" pic:

IMG_4381.jpg

To compare it to the stock DX12, look at the color of the leg plates. The straps are now that color on my figure, instead of grey.

Good mod.

*added to long list of mods to do*

Thanks. :)

Another way to see the diffence is to look at his bicep straps. They are the same color grey that the ab straps used to be. In the flash picture you can see how much darker the ab straps are than the bicep straps.

Batman's chin is supposed to stick out more. Which one is modified? The pictures look mixed up. The chin doesn't stay inside the cowl.

I just got my "going to be charged notice" from sideshow

Batman's chin is supposed to stick out more. Which one is modified? The pictures look mixed up. The chin doesn't stay inside the cowl.

The long one with the chin sticking out is the modified DX02 face.

IMG_4366.jpg

Although skyler2702's pic has a bit of a Clooney look, I really don't see him at all in the above pic.

I think his chin may be sticking out a bit too far with skylers mod - He might need to do a bit more trimming.

Mine has been filed more than this.

Last edited:

Although skyler2702's pic has a bit of a Clooniy look, I really don't see him at all in the above pic.

I think his chin may be sticking out a bit too far with skylers mod - He might need to do a bit more trimming.

I think you're right, it's the chin.

Yeah, noticeable at the profile.

I see the DX12 default mouth looks even more derpy at profile.

Picked him up today from my comic shop. Beautiful in person. The only negative? Waiting for my iforigno cape! :panic: :panic: :panic:

I broke down. bought one- pick it up saturday! cant wait,even thinking about getting some custom capes for my figures.

Could someone give me the link to the custom cape that's doing the rounds. Seeing Jeff's pics really accentuates the puffyness the stock one suffers from.
Thank you please

I just received the dx12 body. Got it from e-bay for 95.00 including shipping so I couldn't pass on it :yess:, and to my amazement its real good, looks fantastic.The modded v1 neck fits, the dx02 boots, the hands, the belt didn't but I have already one on the way. The gauntlets also fit but the color doesn't match to rest of the body so I'll get some ordered, but to my surprise the batpack from the dx02 fits perfectly, it went in real easy and clicked in to place contrary to what I read in this thread.
Thanks to all the people that posted pics and mods that you can do to the figure in particular Mags and Rory, they made a believer out of me :wave

Has anyone encountered any melting by swapping the DX02 boots yet?

I haven't had the time to mess around with my DX12 I picked up earlier this afternoon from my lcs, but here's a quick pic:

ActionFigures048.jpg

****...now I'm late for work!!:horror:panic::panic::panic:

I haven't had the time to mess around with my DX12 I picked up earlier this afternoon from my lcs, but here's a quick pic:

ActionFigures048.jpg

****...now I'm late for work!!:horror:panic::panic::panic:

Glad to see you finally got your bro.

A few hopefully better pictures. Stupid camera settings.

newdx1.jpg

newdx2.jpg

newdx3.jpg

As on the fence as I was with this guy, I'm really glad I got him. If I'd have paid $260 out of pocket for him, I'd probably feel differently, but since I got him with store credit, it was a bargain. Everything but the cowl is much improved from the DX02 release, and the suit is very well done. Just overall higher quality. The Bale head sculpt is much better in person than in pictures, but the cowl sculpt...I just can't stand it. It looks ok when it's tilted down with the angry face, but every other look/combo just doesn't work. If anything, my feelings about the cowl sculpt have gotten worse in-hand. Thankfully, I like my DX02 head on it.

Back