HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Lens distortion is definitely working in favor of your point there. :lol

this is why you need another cowl complete with better faceplates and another set of boots, or maybe is more lens distortion :rolleyes:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

74 euros at customs.
¬¬'

Oder from China! That's what I do now. Chinese sellers are great! They mark down the price on the custom form to about USD 25 and you don't have to pay fees, plus you get stuff earlier! That's what I call a win-win situation! :)

The DX12 gauntlets are too long. The DX02 gauntlets are a better length but the elbow pad is huge.

Hot Toys lives to torture us. :eek

Well just got my DX12 and my happiness soon turned to disappointment, like many of you know the shipping box is just as important as the condition of the figure and the contents box to any collector so this is what the UPS guy brought me:

701fs.jpg

702im.jpg

For a figure that costs $260 this is really upsetting and I'm sure this was cause by either hot toys or SSC! Oh well let's see how the figure turns out, hopefully not another disappointment and I hope it won't have any of those flaws the DX02 had.

The shipping box is just as important as the condition of the figure and the contents box to any collector

If only that were true. The bottom line is that Hot Toys doesn't care, SideShow doesn't care and half of the collectors here don't care.

I do. I am a super OCD about my boxes. The slightest dent, scratch, crushed corner, etc. and I lose my ****. I think I have every right to because yes, the box IS just as important as whats in it and I paid how much for it?? That would be why I always pay for a pack out. It sucks that we have to if we want the boxes mint but there is no other choice from SS.

If you send them that picture, they will at least send you a new box for the DX12 at n/c. You're probably screwed on the shipper though. Either way, contact support. They are awesome there which is why I pay the higher prices and higher shipping.

Last edited:

Well just got my DX12 and my happiness soon turned to disappointment, like many of you know the shipping box is just as important as the condition of the figure and the contents box to any collector so this is what the UPS guy brought me:

701fs.jpg

702im.jpg

For a figure that costs $260 this is really upsetting and I'm sure this was cause by either hot toys or SSC! Oh well let's see how the figure turns out, hopefully not another disappointment and I hope it won't have any of those flaws the DX02 had.

My DX02 praying for your DX12 Snoopy, hope it's alright :pray:

Sucks to see the boxes arriving all messed up, oddly mine was the first HT box that showed up in perfect condition. I've seen people return boxes and get new ones through SS though.

SSC should put "Fragile:Handle with Care" type stickers on the shipper at least FFS..geezzz

most dealers will box the hot toys shipper inside another box protected with bubble wrap or foam peanuts if you request it, for an additional fee or course :lecture

They need to stop sending them out in just the mailer boxes and start sending them out in another box. You can get this with the packout option for an additional $10 but should you have to?

If only that were true. The bottom line is that Hot Toys doesn't care, SideShow doesn't care and half of the collectors here don't care.

I do. I am a super OCD about my boxes. The slightest dent, scratch, crushed corner, etc. and I lose my ****. I think I have every right to because yes, the box IS just as important as whats in it and I paid how much for it?? That would be why I always pay for a pack out. It sucks that we have to if we want the boxes mint but there is no other choice from SS.

If you send them that picture, they will at least send you a new box for the DX12 at n/c. You're probably screwed on the shipper though. Either way, contact support. They are awesome there which is why I pay the higher prices and higher shipping.

Thanks for the info TechLife I think I will contact Sideshow if the contents box is damaged, for a piece this expensive that's totally unacceptable.

They need to stop sending them out in just the mailer boxes and start sending them out in another box. You can get this with the packout option for an additional $10 but should you have to?

That's what I thought too, why pay for extra shipping care when the piece is already too expensive in the first place. I think SSC is just being cheap and greedy.

Where is the best place to get this figure? I'm honestly not down to paying ebay prices. I'm looking to spend $310 and down.

Mine just arrived. I think this figure is great. I didn't get a chance to buy the DX 02 or MMS71 so this is my first batman in this suit. I have only one complaint about the figure, the cape, it looks and drapes really bad. Guess I'll get one of lforigno's capes. My only other gripe is the box. Dose anyone think I can get a replacement from SSC?
007-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

001-5.jpg

701fs.jpg

702im.jpg

My Avengers Iron Man arrived the same way fellas. I contacted SS customer service and sent them pics of the damage. They were great and sent me a new clean box free of charge. After that, I learned about the pack out option which I highly recommend anyway.

My Avengers Iron Man arrived the same way fellas. I contacted SS customer service and sent them pics of the damage. They were great and sent me a new clean box free of charge. After that, I learned about the pack out option which I highly recommend anyway.

What is the packout option?

It's an option to have the brown shipper box shipped inside another box (double boxed), unfortunately SSC charges for it when it should be standard.

What is the packout option?
It's an option to have the brown shipper box shipped inside another box (double boxed), unfortunately SSC charges for it when it should be standard.

It's $10. I get it on every order. I couldn't agree more that this should be standard though...

They shipped out the Exclusive Lt. Gordon's double boxed free of charge, I was sort of hoping that was a new thing with them. All other companies double box. Sideshow is one of the best, why don't they?

Those examples above are horrific.

Back