HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The Ali G video review made the cape look worse to me than I thought.

Good review overall though.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Like this guy since the reviews of EB Batman and Joker.

This figure looks f'n great in this video anyway, the cape suck, but the rest looks awesome to me. I think that i'm gonna sell my DX02 soon.

It doesn't if futzed. His looks ridiculous.
:lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/LTUjnR7CQpA[/ame]

Excellent review.:clap He would have to be the most articulate rapper I've ever heard...

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

baghead.gif

My issue isn't with the "shoes". They look good to me, and I know the articulation will be great. My issue is with the skinny ankles. They're really bugging me in every pic and video now. Just bulking up the ankles a bit is all that's needed IMO.

Regarding the cape: Although it flows much nicer than any of the previous capes, it still suffers from my main problem with all of them - it just poofs up too high on his shoulders. Even when the clips are properly secured under the chest armor (as you have them), it still looks un-natural to me.

I have a theory that the reason Hot Toys keeps giving Batman long necks is to compliment the shoulder hight that's added by the stock cape.

Yes, they are weird looking. I try to hide them in the shadows a bit. But with most of the original DX02 boots/Demon Bats boots and TF Boots, seemingly now all suffering the same cracked joints I think we are maybe stuck with these new style ones. Modding is definitely an option. I have a few ideas I'm gonna try. And have you seen the prices on ebay for the old boots? Even the cracked ones?

Regarding the cape (again). I know what you mean, but this cape can be futzed to look great. Never as flat as lance's to be sure, but thats basically a flat piece of fabric. I don't know depends on what look you like I guess. I tried Lance's on this and felt it ruined the scale. The velvet fabric looks to large in hand. It photographs beautifully as a black flowing shape but when you see it's scale against the amount of detail on the chest/torso of this figure it kind of destroys that?

But for photo's 100% Lance's will look better. Wait and see what you think in hand, I still think you will be surprised by this one. The placement of the short wires is very clever IMO.

I ordered a spare DX12 cape to do a bit of experimenting with. It's too stiff, but I think thats fixable.

Nice review, this should be a sticky! You want to know if there's a deal breaker for you, you watch this vid so you can personally decide. Better than reading some whiny posts about which is awful, what HT could've done, DX 02 is better yada yada. Not 100% 'accurate' batman but heck i wasn't expecting one. If you have to draw a line to show an infraction of a micro centimeter which is not that obvious anyway, well go get yourself the actual suit. peace out.

A few days after charging us. :dunno

Nice review, this should be a sticky! You want to know if there's a deal breaker for you, you watch this vid so you can personally decide. Better than reading some whiny posts about which is awful, what HT could've done, DX 02 is better yada yada. Not 100% 'accurate' batman but heck i wasn't expecting one. If you have to draw a line to show an infraction of a micro centimeter which is not that obvious anyway, well go get yourself the actual suit. peace out.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm glad I pre ordered mine.

what would be the point of reviews,if people want to hear only good? leave out all the bad? :lol

absolutely nailed the head on this one, always thought the dx02 one looked a bit odd, Bales sculpt is also one of the best head sculpts i have seen, def will be grabbing one of these, how could you not?

so it is out and shipping now? alot of places seem to be dec/jan

with most of the original DX02 boots/Demon Bats boots and TF Boots, seemingly now all suffering the same cracked joints

Whoa. I didn't know that was happening. Is it as bad/like the BB Toy Fair debacle was?

Whoa. I didn't know that was happening. Is it as bad/like the BB Toy Fair debacle was?

Well I can only tell you what I know. My DX02 boots have deteriorated/cracked (he was neutral posed on stand, i never touch him, not really into posing my dollies) I only noticed when I went to fix his custom cape. I got a new Demon Batman a couple of months ago, one of his ankles was the same. So I went on ebay to look for some replacements, apart from being shocked by the prices, I noticed most of the DX02 boots (new from parts sellers) were listed as cracked or partially cracked. Had a look around and saw the same reported on another forum. Ironically my toy fair Begins figure is still fine. I think there is a fault in the plastic in the boot, it crumbles after time. The fact that HT have lost the rubber on the newest boots suggests it was another rubber in contact with plastic reaction, but who knows.

Check your DX02, I think they will all crack at some point.
Just my opinion.:dunno

Back