HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

so... what mods are people planning on this?

Here's my plan:

1. Shorten the neck.
  2. Replace the cape with a custom.
  3. Bulk up the ankles.
  4. Cut the elbow pads off the gauntlets and glue them directly to the fabric suit.
  5. Possibly modify one of the DX02 face plates to fit this.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Are we anticipating the gauntlets/elbowpads to be painted black or molded black? I would consider cutting mine if I don't have to paint where I cut.

Here's my plan:

1. Shorten the neck.
  3. Bulk up the ankles.
  4. Cut the elbow pads off the gauntlets and glue them directly to the fabric suit.

I wonder if the neck can be shortened in the same fashion as the DX02 by pulling out the "stop washer" or the "dime insert mod"?

Why not get rid of the loafers altogether & put on some DX02 boots?

Here's what we'd have, if they'd used the Bale sculpt for what's behind the cowl, and obviously no PERS. I'm really getting there with a lot of you on the PERS not being worth it. This makes me want to cry. It's the same cowl, same crappy smirk mouth, but the eyes make the difference. :monkey2

mockuph.jpg

See, Rory's photo of the Enterbay Batman above really shows what is so great about that figure: it looks good at any angle.

What I see a lot of people doing when they take photos of the DX12 is tilting the head down or taking shots from above the figure pointed downwards. They do this to hide certain shortcomings of the cowl/sculpt/eyes, when it doesn't at all.

I've seen very few photos of the figure where the head is level or looking up. Wonder why that is.

Yup. Much like the DX02.

I wonder if the neck can be shortened in the same fashion as the DX02 by pulling out the "stop washer" or the "dime insert mod"?

Why not get rid of the loafers altogether & put on some DX02 boots?

Not really sure what the issue is with the boots. They look just like the movie. I think HT did a fairly good job hiding the crease. You can't even see it in most pics and Im not entirely sure I'd noticed initially if it wasn't pointed out.

Here's my plan:

1. Shorten the neck.
  3. Bulk up the ankles.

Same idea's here. Maybe swap the chest plate with the DX02's as well..
What about the excess material around the upper arms.. Any thoughts Mag?

Not really sure what the issue is with the boots. They look just like the movie. I think HT did a fairly good job hiding the crease. You can't even see it in most pics and Im not entirely sure I'd noticed initially if it wasn't pointed out.

Just knowing that Batman is wearing loafers really shrinks my sac. :gah: :wink1:

Here's my plan:

1. Shorten the neck.
  3. Bulk up the ankles.

I think you will be quite surprised by the cape Mags. I have a couple of Lance's and they look unrealistic next to it. The fabric looks the right scale if that makes sense. But it's one directional, only works over the shoulders.

Ankles definitely need some work, they are worse in hand than in the pics you will have seen.

The DX02 faceplate replacement will work but may need repainting, they look pretty pale now in comparison.

Neck should be easy enough, but it doesn't look too bad out of the box.

I think you will be quite surprised by the cape Mags. I have a couple of Lance's and they look unrealistic next to it. The fabric looks the right scale if that makes sense. But it's one directional, only works over the shoulders.

Ankles definitely need some work, they are worse in hand than in the pics you will have seen.

The DX02 faceplate replacement will work but may need repainting, they look pretty pale now in comparison.

Neck should be easy enough, but it doesn't look too bad out of the box.

How did you get yours so early???? I'm jealous...:gah:

Nah he's the silent mute unboxing guy on YouTube

Really?? WTF am I confused...too much HT plastic smell these days..Thanks buddy!:wave

That's probably the most insulting accusation anyone has ever made at me.
:lol

No, I actually do have a friend who picks stuff up for me. And ships it over. No mystery.

Wow. I sold my medicom thinking it was inferior and now they tell me I should have kept it? I can't win!

[ame]https://youtu.be/Dvcee2Dqk4I[/ame]

The only modifications I would consider are a custom cape and DX02 boots (I have an extra pair).
The rest looks great to me, I like the cowl, I don't think the neck is too short and the elbows are only an issue (minor) if you plan extreme poses.
Some folks work very hard at trying to find flaws in this figure.
Is it perfect? No, but it's a great figure and I believe it will become the most sought after 1/6 Batman.

That's probably the most insulting accusation anyone has ever made at me.

No, I actually do have a friend who picks stuff up for me. And ships it over. No mystery.

That guy kicks ass. It wasn't an insult, it was a compliment

Back