HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I love the amount of **** I initially got for pointing out the batsymbol.

Now everyone magically cares. :lol

To be fair, it's not like they are agreeing with your specific issue with the batsymbol, but an entirely separate detail about it that void mentioned. Wasn't your main issue with the batsymbol that to your eyes, the top of the right "wing" appears to slope down asymmetrically to the left one?

That isn't the issue that the majority of the batsymbol posts are talking about, rather the issue of concern is that on the right side the scallop point doesn't line up with the line on the pec armor.

....which is an issue with the 1/4 scale TDKR Batman too (but at least the error on that one appears to be symmetrical):

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4742749#post4742749

Despite the minor flaws, I am keeping my pre-order with BBTS. I don't have a DX02, but I've got the backpack and Sonar head from ebay (and sticky-bomb gun and an extra TF Bruce Wayne head which I bought before the specs for this were released...plus an empty TDK cowl). I was originally going to display this with those accessories as the Hong Kong scene from TDK, but now I'm not sure because the new BW sculpt is pretty good, but I don't think his appearance quite fits his look in that scene of TDK.

So now I'm leaning toward a TDKR-specific unmasked display. I agree that the headsculpt doesn't look quite as old and gaunt as he did in TDKR, but it definitely looks older and more weary than the TF headsculpt. Which is fine for me, since I accept that HT slightly "idealizes" the actors' likenesses for their sculpts.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This ship has sailed guys, so I think you should stop posting photoshop of how this could be done better... it wasn't.. this figure is what it is.. So after reading this thread a lot I can identify two cases:

a) A person who doesn't own the DX02, they talk trash about the DX02 and blindly talk good things about the DX12.

b) A person who owns the DX02, they feel that the DX12 is better than the DX02, it just doesn't worths the price Hot Toys is asking for it.

I think he looked great there. Even the head didn't look that bad. The dude needs to fix the damn belt. :lol

The finish on the mouth looks a bit shiny though.

Rory's been talking about the softness and overly painted look of the recent HT figures. He may be on to something. They've started to get that plasticy look. Other than that, it really is a great sculpt. I didn't think so much at first, but it's really grown on me.

A GREAT REVIEW NO WORRIES CANT WAIT panick is OVER ..THIS is GONNA ROCK...:clap:yess::yess::dance:rock2

I agree...very basic and balanced look at the figure. IT LOOKS GREAT.
Looking forward to getting it...

Rory's been talking about the softness and overly painted look of the recent HT figures. He may be on to something. They've started to get that plasticy look. Other than that, it really is a great sculpt. I didn't think so much at first, but it's really grown on me.

I noticed that too on my most recent purchased Captain American Rescue. I'm used to the matt look but I think the new look is suppose to give us the shine/glow healthy look like in the movies. We sometimes forget both male and female actors/actress wears makeup in the movies.

Wow a total 360 versus the first video review. I cannot wait for this figure.

I was lucky enough to get a dx 02 dark knight today off ebay for $215 which isn't bad since most sellers are selling this figure for well over $500, anyways I'm probably gonna use either the dx 12 bruce wayne head on the dx 02 body and use the dx 12 as my regular batman.

Thrustmaster made the Enterbay MIB suit look good on his Bruce. Toys City do nice suits. This looks good also:

wt-10-suit2011-1.jpg

Not seen much of the zytoys one but looks ok

10193162a.jpg

yes, I picked up a toys city 1/6 suit set, just waiting on my 1/6 body to come in the mail.

The latest review got me even more excited for the figure. Kinda bummed about how the PERS and face plates work though. DX-09 spoiled me in that regard.

Are we anticipating the gauntlets/elbowpads to be painted black or molded black? I would consider cutting mine if I don't have to paint where I cut.

I would think molded black, but a dab of black paint will be easy if needed.

I wonder if the neck can be shortened in the same fashion as the DX02 by pulling out the "stop washer" or the "dime insert mod"?

Prolly, but I have a different idea. ;)

Why not get rid of the loafers altogether & put on some DX02 boots?

I've considered that, but they aren't easy to come by, and I'm not willing to use the ones on my DX02.

My issue isn't with the "shoes". They look good to me, and I know the articulation will be great. My issue is with the skinny ankles. They're really bugging me in every pic and video now. Just bulking up the ankles a bit is all that's needed IMO.

Here's what we'd have, if they'd used the Bale sculpt for what's behind the cowl, and obviously no PERS. I'm really getting there with a lot of you on the PERS not being worth it. This makes me want to cry. It's the same cowl, same crappy smirk mouth, but the eyes make the difference. :monkey2

mockuph.jpg

I don't get it.

Not really sure what the issue is with the boots. They look just like the movie. I think HT did a fairly good job hiding the crease. You can't even see it in most pics and Im not entirely sure I'd noticed initially if it wasn't pointed out.

Yeah, I agree.

Same idea's here. Maybe swap the chest plate with the DX02's as well..
What about the excess material around the upper arms.. Any thoughts Mag?

Arms look good to me, but I'll have to see it in-hand.

I think you will be quite surprised by the cape Mags. I have a couple of Lance's and they look unrealistic next to it. The fabric looks the right scale if that makes sense. But it's one directional, only works over the shoulders.

Ankles definitely need some work, they are worse in hand than in the pics you will have seen.

The DX02 faceplate replacement will work but may need repainting, they look pretty pale now in comparison.

Neck should be easy enough, but it doesn't look too bad out of the box.

Regarding the cape: Although it flows much nicer than any of the previous capes, it still suffers from my main problem with all of them - it just poofs up too high on his shoulders. Even when the clips are properly secured under the chest armor (as you have them), it still looks un-natural to me.

I have a theory that the reason Hot Toys keeps giving Batman long necks is to compliment the shoulder hight that's added by the stock cape.

I don't get it.

You'd have to look at the earlier photos from another post to get why there's 3 images. The far left is overlaying the cowl on the bale sculpt with the eyes blackened which looks really nice to my eyes.

It doesn't matter anyway, cause that's not the figure we're getting, and the one we are is still pretty exciting.

Are the elbow pads really that terrible?

Also, does anyone know if the DX02 back pack will fit?

Last edited:

Regarding the cape: Although it flows much nicer than any of the previous capes, it still suffers from my main problem with all of them - it just poofs up too high on his shoulders. Even when the clips are properly secured under the chest armor (as you have them), it still looks un-natural to me.

I have a theory that the reason Hot Toys keeps giving Batman long necks is to compliment the shoulder hight that's added by the stock cape.
the reason my post about long neck had ? too bad mag,s not received your fig yet. but the cape once futz does sit very flush with the shoulders on this dx12 . am thinking lack of trap muscles on the shoulders making the neck long. think ur EB shoulder mod is needed:D

From that review, it looks like the DX02 faceplates should fit the DX11, and the DX11 head and neck should fit the DX02. Interchangeable parts like that would be nice.

I don't see what all the fuss is about with this figure. If some of the "problems" weren't pointed out to me, I doubt I'd have noticed them. Looks fine.

SnakeDoc

Back