HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This is the 1st I've heard of the issue with the DX02 boots, thats really bad.

What about the OC and MMS71 boots?

I think all the rubber boots with hard plastic inserts will have the same issue, although my DK original costume ones are fine?

Maybe it goes in batches who knows.
:dunno

There's a set of TF boots up on ebay now for $79.90 one of which is broken!
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hot-Toys-20...n_Figures&hash=item1e72fdcda5#ht_11859wt_1180

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Pretty sure there are issues with my DX figure's boots as well. One won't stay on the ankle anymore, and I think it might be the same problem most of us had with the Toyfair Bats.

Pretty sure there are issues with my DX figure's boots as well. One won't stay on the ankle anymore, and I think it might be the same problem most of us had with the Toyfair Bats.

yeah, it's the hard plastic it just cracks and crumbles with time..

Yeah I think SS made sure he is not able to get anything direct and faster anymore which kinda sucks.

I don't know. I have mine preordered at BBTS and they moved it from December to November. Although I wish it was still December. Even though I want this right now, financially I only had planned for the Batpod in November :gah:. This is a shocker that it's being released so far ahead of schedule.

5-28.jpg

I'm thinking of repainting around the eyes, if i paint a bit further up the eyelids it should make the eyes look smaller

I do, but i'm selling due to financial reasons, few emergencies around the home that required immediate financial resolution had an impact on my hobby.

Nothing like owning a home. :lol

That's why I'm happy in an apartment with no kids. :D

That is great to know. Do you have any pics of the DX02 head on the DX12?

I will definitely be posting pics of this when I get him.

The Ali G video review made the cape look worse to me than I thought.

Good review overall though.

That cape is beyond 'not futzed'. It's not correctly installed. The clips are just kind of sticking in the holes instead of actually being under the chest armor. You will be seeing a lot of that. About half of the stock capes on the DX02s around the world are still incorrectly installed. I find it quite fascinating that people don't put forth just a tiny bit more effort to do it right.

Yes, they are weird looking. I try to hide them in the shadows a bit. But with most of the original DX02 boots/Demon Bats boots and TF Boots, seemingly now all suffering the same cracked joints I think we are maybe stuck with these new style ones. Modding is definitely an option. I have a few ideas I'm gonna try. And have you seen the prices on ebay for the old boots? Even the cracked ones?

Regarding the cape (again). I know what you mean, but this cape can be futzed to look great. Never as flat as lance's to be sure, but thats basically a flat piece of fabric. I don't know depends on what look you like I guess. I tried Lance's on this and felt it ruined the scale. The velvet fabric looks to large in hand. It photographs beautifully as a black flowing shape but when you see it's scale against the amount of detail on the chest/torso of this figure it kind of destroys that?

But for photo's 100% Lance's will look better. Wait and see what you think in hand, I still think you will be surprised by this one. The placement of the short wires is very clever IMO.

I ordered a spare DX12 cape to do a bit of experimenting with. It's too stiff, but I think thats fixable.

I agree that the velvet cape looks out scale, which is why I have always preferred lforigno's RAYON cape. ;)

That's what I'll be using.

5-28.jpg

I'm thinking of repainting around the eyes, if i paint a bit further up the eyelids it should make the eyes look smaller

It will make the PERS look even goofier IMO.

I agree that the velvet cape looks out scale, which is why I have always preferred lforigno's RAYON cape. ;)

That's what I'll be using.

No, I've seen Rayon too. It doesn't have the weight of the velvet so you lose even more. It doesn't hang as well. :dunno

That cape is beyond 'not futzed'. It's not correctly installed. The clips are just kind of sticking in the holes instead of actually being under the chest armor. You will be seeing a lot of that. About half of the stock capes on the DX02s around the world are still incorrectly installed. I find it quite fascinating that people don't put forth just a tiny bit more effort to do it right.
Yes, correct,and when it is installed and futzed, it's almost as flush with the shoulders as the real thing thing, trust me. If i get a chance later I will take some pics.
...and I thought you were the HK unboxing You Tube Man........:panic:
Lovely...thanks for that. not.
:lol

I will definitely be posting pics of this when I get him.
Why? a Medix head maybe, not DX02, it looks even more gooogly?:dunno

Last edited:

Any pics of the DX02 cracking boots????? :horror

Or...

I did put the extra DX12 belt onto TDK OC earlier, it looks great, a little large but really lifts the figure. Makes it look a little more like the EB one.:yess:

OMG...EMS suprise this morney...3 days from HK...never imagined it could be here that fast. Little teaser:

318911_419977218057521_1113097311_n.jpg

First impression: Very cool for sure! But I don't own the TDK release for comparison. Now Batsy has to beat up Hawk first...then I give you a vid on it. ;-)

...er, wrong thread man?

:dunno

Edit: oh, I see, I think.

Wow!! it only took 3 days for you to get the DX12 from HK to Switzerland! thats a record :D ...can't wait for your review on youtube mate

- DX 12 arrives
- check for problems
- Snap on stock cape (if it's as nice as Rorywan says it is and appears to be)
- insert scowl face
- futz cape and body

- Batpod arrives
- contort and futz DX 12 Batman on Batpod

- never look at DX 12 again

Actually, before that happens I want to see if the "new" Batpod comes with the same cape clip/harness and if the DX 12 actually looks good on it. It better.

Back