HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

More pics of Robbie's mouth piece. I also modded the suit, a little bit more (probably not very noticable), tightened the shoulder pads to the chest armor, so that there's almost no gap between them.
up1_zpscfefb35c.jpg

What cape are you using if you don't mind me asking EKT?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Feels like I've been waiting forever! ModelZone must be the last place to get Hot Toys...

Nah mate i think everywhere in the UK is the last to get anything Full stop, I keep seeing estimated in stock times & there ranging from the 12th Feb to the end of Feb i will be very surprised if anywhere in the UK gets these in before the end of Jan. Then there's the fact that the Chinese new year is creeping up Then everything comes to a complete stand still, Im just hoping a shed load of these were sent this month coz im getting a little impatient now. I cant understand why retailers cannot give a staright answer if the shipment is on its way from china. They must be able to track it or the distributor can, At least if we know its physically left china then the new year wont be an issue. :clap

Sorry fellas I've been away from this thread for a while and now see some sweet mouth piece mods. Are those up for grabs from someone?

More pics of Robbie's mouth piece. I also modded the suit, a little bit more (probably not very noticable), tightened the shoulder pads to the chest armor, so that there's almost no gap between them.
up1_zpscfefb35c.jpg

What cape are you using if you don't mind me asking EKT?

Custom, by BuddyLee on this board. Bought this a few years back. BuddyLee was the first person to make custom capes, I believe. I'm waiting for one, by Tony Meis though.

This thing is kind of a ****ing pain in the *** to futz. Hands popping off (need a blade), cape all over the place (need a custom), Get something just right something else goes out of whack. (that pisses me off the most, expec. when abs and chest armor are going in different directions..you line that back up and you lose your legs, fix the legs..abs and chest messed up again, belt crooked..get all that together hand pops off...go to put hands back on, mess up arms. Get hand back on,LOOKS GOOD(!), now you have to try and balance all that **** on the stand without messing up everything you just did.) :gah:

We good though..

Ok, so after getting home I inspected my figure further, and there appears to be more defects. Here's a list of problems with my figure:

Left shoulder plate feels loose, and isn't snug against the body like the right one.
Black paint under the eyes is missing a little, revealing the flesh tone.
Some of the paint on the hair of the Bruce Wayne sculpt is chipped. It's noticeable under light, and appears like specs of dust.
Abs and groin area appear crooked/misaligned. Abs not as bad as groin. Tried to futz with it but groin armour is still crooked.
One of the face plates has a small white dot near the mouth and a small black dot on the other side of the mouth.
Rear armour plates are not aligned evenly. There is a large gap on one side of the body compared to the other. Hard to explain, would need to show pics.
One of my grenades was not even in the blister pack, it was just sitting loosely in the box.
Box has a tear along the edge of the front folding flap.

Loose mini mine in the box??? Well I guess this is proof positive that SS is sending wait listers the returns :mad:

Last edited:

anybody have an extra suit and body they wanna sell?

Last edited:

Loose mini mine in the box??? Well I guess this is proff positive that SS is sending wait listers the returns :mad:

Which is why I will never wait list with SS again. I'm pretty much convinced they are doing this a lot with returns. Mix and matching pieces, reselling (as new) sets that are in fact returns. :(

Which is why I will never wait list with SS again. I'm pretty much convinced they are doing this a lot with returns. Mix and matching pieces, reselling (as new) sets that are in fact returns. :(

You think they'd go politician and lie about it if asked directly by phone?

Wow, that's pretty ****ty. But I can understand where they are coming from. Even the toy hunter shop in HK does this. Except they replace the defected parts with a new mint ones :lol

Wow, that's pretty ****ty. But I can understand where they are coming from. Even the toy hunter shop in HK does this. Except they replace the defected parts with a new mint ones :lol

That's quite a difference though! :lol

Sideshow is known for doing that. That's why I don't order from them unless it's an initial preorder before the items ship out.

Once it gets to be a week or a month, I stay clear of them. It just increases your chances of getting a used/repacked/returned figure. I'd never waitlist something. Sure you'd get it, but it'll most likely be a return.

To be fair to SS, I was told to destroy the damaged part rather than return it. :dunno

Anyone returning anything to Sideshow should hide a card in it telling the person who buys it to come here and post a picture of the card. That will prove if SS is re gifting.

:lol

Someone on here got a statue one time that had the same paint damage and markings that someone else had. The pics were nearly identical.

I'm curious if SS would shoot straight and what their answer would be if they were asked what the real deal is. I'm calling now. Results coming shortly...

I'm curious if SS would shoot straight and what their answer would be if they were asked what the real deal is. I'm calling now. Results coming shortly...

LMK, because I will cancel mine if that is the case.

Definitely post the results; i'd rather pay a little more for a good one than get some damaged piece.

^^^ I don't think there's any need to cancel brother ^^^

So I asked the rep if he's been there for a while and if he knows how the gears turn or if he's new, and he said he was there since 2008; so according to him he knows the bottom line.

He said that they ONLY send out brand new pieces to the waitlisters. He said on rare occasions they'll offer damaged pieces at discounts. But in these situations they fully disclose the condition and are very upfront about the damage. (I know a few local shop owners that have banked big-time on this because they'll get an extra 20%-30% off on top of their regular wholesale discount on pieces that the damage is very minuscule or unnoticeable).

I told him about the loose mini mine story and he said that may have been an isolated incident that started from the factory because they don’t open any pieces or recirculate returns.

That’s their story and they’re stickin’ to it

Back