HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Looks good.Im tempted to do the squint mod when I get one of my own but I don't think my skills are that advanced. Painting them is a must though.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

More pics of Robbie's mouth piece. I also modded the suit, a little bit more (probably not very noticable), tightened the shoulder pads to the chest armor, so that there's almost no gap between them.
up1_zpscfefb35c.jpg

up3_zps1862adcc.jpg

up4_zpsbaf8e102.jpg

up2_zpsed1ad9e5.jpg

up5_zps242e6535.jpg

Also, finally found a use for my spare body, combined with DX02 parts.
bwup_zps9480f660.jpg

bwup2_zpsc6e2ccca.jpg

Great **** and great mod! I like your style :clap:clap

Got my DX12 delivered this morning from Sideshow. Very fast shipping to Australia, didn't expect to get it today, thought it would get here next week.

Unfortunately mine came with some defects. Haven't had a proper look as I only had a brief look in my car, but so far, I got the crappy paint job around the eyes like some other member here had, where a bit of the black paint is missing, and my bale head has a small amount of paint chipped from the hair. The box also has a tear along the edge, roughly 3-4cm long. Not sure if there's anything else wrong as I haven't looked at it properly.

Pretty disappointed so far. I'm hoping Sideshow will replace if possible.

Sorry to hear that bud. It must suck being so excited for a figure and to only get it with defects.

Were you on the waitlist for it? I heard that Sideshow was/is using the defected ones sent back to give to the people on the waitlist. I read that on here I believe.

Sorry to hear that bud. It must suck being so excited for a figure and to only get it with defects.

Were you on the waitlist for it? I heard that Sideshow was/is using the defected ones sent back to give to the people on the waitlist. I read that on here I believe.

Hey man,

It does suck. This was to be my first expensive collectible figure and first Hot Toy, so not a good start.

I was on the waitlist. Not sure if that's entirely true or not. Either way I'll be contacting them and see if they can offer a replacement.

Hey man,

It does suck. This was to be my first expensive collectible figure and first Hot Toy, so not a good start.

I was on the waitlist. Not sure if that's entirely true or not. Either way I'll be contacting them and see if they can offer a replacement.

How much was the shipping?

Alright man who wants to customize my dx12 and I"ll make it worth your time!!! PM Me!

sorry if this is old news and don't have time to read through 100s of pages so i was hoping a fellow freak would point me in the right direction. I just noticed that my bats has a lazy eye. If I rotate his eyes (a la PERS nob) one moves less than the other. Is this common? anyone have a tutorial on a fix? I got mine from BBTS and will contact them but since I don't expect much I was hoping that a DIY fix was easy enough to do.

Thanks fellas.

sorry if this is old news and don't have time to read through 100 of pages so i was hoping a fellow freak would point me in the right direction but I just noticed that my bats has a lazy eye. If I rotate his eyes around one moves less than the other. Is this common? anyone have a tutorial on a fix? I got mine from BBTS and will contact them but since I don't expect much I was hoping that a DIY fix was easy enough to do.

Thanks fellas.

I recommend taking out the pins that connect the knob to the eyes, making them rotate together. I think this figure really benefits from individual eye movement.

You want to remove this (if you're interested).
25C7FE22-C785-437F-B669-28D8C4E91C4B-2771-0000017BFDEB5CAC.jpg

thanks for the quick reply. I guess I need to take a good look at it but do the pins just pull out and once I align the eyes will putting it back together fix the problem. meaning if i use the pers knob will it keep them in line?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing that when trying to put the knob back in, the slightest bump with throw the alignment off. Maybe it'll work if you're very very careful.

As far as removing the pins, I used a thin sewing needle and held the needle with a pair of pliers. A little pressure and the pins slipped out.

I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing that when trying to put the knob back in, the slightest bump with throw the alignment off. Maybe it'll work if you're very very careful.

As far as removing the pins, I used a thin sewing needle and held the needle with a pair of pliers. A little pressure and the pins slipped out.

good lookin out my man. thanks. will try that fix.

good lookin out my man. thanks. will try that fix.

I have an extra pin if you lose one. Idk where the hell the other one went. I'm not putting the knob back in mine, so I don't need it. Also have an extra knob if things really go to hell.

Hey man,

Wow dude bad news if you read the contract when you are in the wait list if you do receive a figure there's no replacement, only your money back, so if you return it they wont send you another one.
so think twice before you return it , if is something that you can live with keep the figure if not you'l get your money back

Just curious when people unboxed was that batman head attached well with that plastic wrap they used? My Batman's head was not attached well, I know its held with magnets, but it looked ghetto and to be honest I thought it was broken at first. Anyhow was just wondering if mine was the only one that arrived like that packed in box
When I opened mine, the head had a clear hard plastic piece covering it, with a soft plastic strip wrapped around the whole thing to hold it to the head. The neck also had a soft plastic covering. The head was held to the neck by only the magnets, so I was a bit surprised to have the head fall off when lifting the figure out of the foam.

Not sure if this is what you experienced, but I think the magnets just make it feel like something is broken because the head is pretty loose. Hope this helps! :)

[ame="https://youtu.be/-fr1ROkFUQ0"]https://youtu.be/-fr1ROkFUQ0[/ame]

Ok, so after getting home I inspected my figure further, and there appears to be more defects. Here's a list of problems with my figure:

Left shoulder plate feels loose, and isn't snug against the body like the right one.
Black paint under the eyes is missing a little, revealing the flesh tone.
Some of the paint on the hair of the Bruce Wayne sculpt is chipped. It's noticeable under light, and appears like specs of dust.
Abs and groin area appear crooked/misaligned. Abs not as bad as groin. Tried to futz with it but groin armour is still crooked.
One of the face plates has a small white dot near the mouth and a small black dot on the other side of the mouth.
Rear armour plates are not aligned evenly. There is a large gap on one side of the body compared to the other. Hard to explain, would need to show pics.
One of my grenades was not even in the blister pack, it was just sitting loosely in the box.
Box has a tear along the edge of the front folding flap.

That's all I've noticed so far. Pretty disappointed overall. A figure this expensive should not have these problems, it should be perfect. Not even sure if I can get a replacement either. Will speak to Sideshow and see what they say.

On a positive note, the Bruce Wayne sculpt looks amazing. This is my first high-end figure, and I was floored when I had a look at the Bruce sculpt under some light. The likeness is amazing and the detail is just incredible for such a tiny figure. Can only imagine how good 1/4 scale sculpts look!

Not sure how you guys pose this thing though. Felt so damn stiff and awkward. Guess I'm not used to posing these things. Will take a bit of time and futzing getting it to look good I think.

Back