Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys my first hot toys has arrived and i am super excited. Its in excellent condition!!! Only issue is it smells like cigarettes :(. Ill see if i can find a way to remove it. I cant wait to buy the dx 11 head sculpts and shoes!

1 week in the fridge. If that doesnt help, try backing powder.

I have tried the fridge method a couple of years back (put it in a plastic bag to avoid ice). It wasnt 100% satisfying to be honest. But definitly worth a try.
Backing poweder is a typical method to get cigarette smell out of housefloors. Just place a coup full of packing powder next to the cigarette appartement and you will be done. It wont hurt to place a cup next to Joker in your cabinet for a couple of weeks or even months.

Edit: heres a link that might be helpful!

https://www.ehow.com/how_5572612_use-powder-remove-smoke-smell.html

Need to clean the case, just finished it tonight and order some LEDs for it but really like how this turned out!

aju7uhat.jpg

Need to clean the case, just finished it tonight and order some LEDs for it but really like how this turned out!

aju7uhat.jpg

Very cool! :clap

There was another Joker with real hair posed like this on the board recently. Can't find it anymore, can somebody please tell me where it was posted?

That just takes everything to a new level. That is freakishly real. It doesn't even look like a toy anymore.

Did you do this mod? You mentioned perhaps doing a run. If so put me on your interested list.

Thanks man, yes, I did the work myself.
I will be doing a run sometime soon. :duff

What kind of mechanism is holding him up?

I built the box myself and glued the loop end of a hasp to the top. I then wrapped some covered framing wire through that and tied the other end up as a noose. Easy peasy.

Edit: The picture does not show the noose on his leg, I just tied it up quickly to see how long I needed to make my lead. More photos to follow when I finish the case and get lights.

Last edited:
Thanks man, yes, I did the work myself.
I will be doing a run sometime soon. :duff

Rory, would be it possible to see a few "normal" pics of your modded Joker? As in, without all the good photography, like if someone else taken a pic with their phone or something.

I'm just trying to see where the mod ends and the photography begins when it comes to the improvement.

Rory, would be it possible to see a few "normal" pics of your modded Joker? As in, without all the good photography, like if someone else taken a pic with their phone or something.

I'm just trying to see where the mod ends and the photography begins when it comes to the improvement.

:lol A request for $h!tty pics. You don't see that often.

Yeah, I know it's odd. :lol

But I think Rory's pics are like OMG's, where they can often look better than in hand, or at least a little more cinematic. I just wanted a better idea of what in hand would look like.

Yeah, I know it's odd. :lol

But I think Rory's pics are like OMG's, where they can often look better than in hand, or at least a little more cinematic. I just wanted a better idea of what in hand would look like.

My pics are nothing like OMG's pics mate. His are done in a professional studio, with a full lighting rig and then massively touched up afterwards. Those pics of the DX were taken in a detolf under an Ikea strip light. I have a decent camera, a Sony NEX, but if anything it shows up too much detail, I've painted things at times and thought they looked good to the naked eye, then took some macro pics and saw the imperfections and went .. **** it, start again.
:lol

So not sure what to suggest. I can take some with my iPhone?

Back