Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I'm saying is, thats not whats happening there. You're losing a lot of clarity in your shots because of it. Plus more sensitive to movement because of it.

DX 11: Joker 2.0

8_zps1154c695.jpg
7_zps32c338b9.jpg
6_zpsa3e96c2e.jpg
10_zps691dd2fb.jpg

Last edited:
atehuteq.jpg

I bought one of those bootleg sculpts off eBay with the PERS and replaced my original Joker 1.0 head. I'm very impressed and love this figure now.

All I'm saying is, thats not whats happening there. You're losing a lot of clarity in your shots because of it. Plus more sensitive to movement because of it.

Yeah, because I'm holding a camera and its in low light and not on a tripod. I thought he was asking for less professional pics? :lol

Anyway, to get a extremely detailed point on a pic of something this small, the focus has to fall away quickly. So you want a macro shot of the facial details? Then the hair will start to become soft. I know what I'm doing mate, I'm a professional film maker/camera person.

So what were we talking about again? My pics are too good, so I need to make them worse to see my mods better, but correcting DOF and motion blur will make the worse. Right. :lol

Seriously though, I do understand the initial question. But it is what it is. I can post some iPhone pics. Which IMO are the most unflattering pics out there. Well next to iPad pics anyway.

Last edited:
Seriously though, I do understand the initial question. But it is what it is. I can post some iPhone pics. Which IMO are the most unflattering pics out there. Well next to iPad pics anyway.

Now I'm actually confused about my own question. :lol

But while I know you're not going to OMG levels, I just mean your pictures are far better than average, even with the lighting to make the eyes more cavernous.

I guess if you wouldn't mind posting a ****ty iPhone pic, we can call it a day. While I know they're not flattering, I think it's one of those things where I've taken enough phone pics where I can do the mental math. I can think, "Okay that figure looks like that on an iPhone, and I know what my figures look like when I take phone pics, therefore this figure looks like this." Or something. I think my logic has gone off the rails.

But while I know you're not going to OMG levels, I just mean your pictures are far better than average, even with the lighting to make the eyes more cavernous.

I guess if you wouldn't mind posting a ****ty iPhone pic, we can call it a day. While I know they're not flattering, I think it's one of those things where I've taken enough phone pics where I can do the mental math. I can think, "Okay that figure looks like that on an iPhone, and I know what my figures look like when I take phone pics, therefore this figure looks like this." Or something. I think my logic has gone off the rails.

It's ok, I actually get where you are coming from, I will post a couple of iPhone pics, but just to say, I don't "light" my figures/shots or anything. They are just taken on my desk or in a detolf in my office.

Is he in UK? Wonder how much it costs? A guy on the Facebook pages does it for £60. Seen pics too. Looks great!

OK, this is as bad as I can make it for you, iphone pic, badly exposed standing in detolf. Horrible iphone lens distortion, horrible color cast, no detail on face (although the even exposure shows you the eyelids and fully finctioning PERS.)
(not sure why I'm doing this as it could lose me business, but never let it be said i wasn't honest).

Just to be clear, this isn't just a haired DX11, the face has been changed, resculpted and partially repainted.. And I haven't futzed his hair here.. the cool thing about this method of hair application is that it's pretty futzable, Seb (Elvis) will tell you the same thing. It's pretty sturdy. I have a BobbyC head which I'm terrified to touch, you can actually comb this guy's head (gently).. Jackson included to show how unflattering these pics are.
:lol

(this one's a bit brighter)
1_zps2833a3b8.jpg

2_zps867d53c9.jpg

Last edited:
OK, this is as bad as I can make it for you, iphone pic, badly exposed standing in detolf. Horrible iphone lens distortion, horrible color cast, no detail on face (although the even exposure shows you the eyelids and fully finctioning PERS.)
(not sure why I'm doing this as it could lose me business, but never let it be said i wasn't honest).

Just to be clear, this isn't just a haired DX11, the face has been changed, resculpted and partially repainted.. And I haven't futzed his hair here.. the cool thing about this method of hair application is that it's pretty futzable, Seb (Elvis) will tell you the same thing. It's pretty sturdy. I have a BobbyC head which I'm terrified to touch, you can actually comb this guy's head (gently).. Jackson included to show how unflattering these pics are.
:lol

(this one's a bit brighter)
1_zps2833a3b8.jpg

2_zps867d53c9.jpg

Thanks a lot. This is actually exactly what I was looking to see. If your mods look amazing even in "bad" pictures, it can only get better in hand or in proper photos.

Actually, I just realized your commissions are still in the future for this, and you have yet to set a price. So let me retract all my praise and say your mod is mediocre, and should be priced as such. :lol

Back