Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while we're double checking PERS, how does mine look to you guys? Just fine or a wee bit too wall-eyed?
bd9954ee-1655-44f4-a6fe-9a879ccf16e2_zps2d727645.jpg

625f3b20-805b-4041-94fc-261112a4553d_zps67ef0bbb.jpg

what can I say..is not red..but is not that orange at all..
hot toys has wrong the color...

So we are back to this argument again. I think what people fail to realize is that orange is not just orange there are different shades to it, the lining is a reddish orange. I always thought it was red when i watched TDK until I read on here that the lining wasn't red but orange.

while we're double checking PERS, how does mine look to you guys? Just fine or a wee bit too wall-eyed?
bd9954ee-1655-44f4-a6fe-9a879ccf16e2_zps2d727645.jpg

625f3b20-805b-4041-94fc-261112a4553d_zps67ef0bbb.jpg

Looks fine to me but I can't tell when the eyes are facing straight, which I think is a good thing. What you really have to worry about is whether both eyes look in the same direction when they are facing sideways.

People have been saying that long before we were members here.

Never knew that, but I think because of my hate for PERS that more people are more aware of that problem now than before. Like the new people who have just joined Freaks for example. :dunno

What a lovely, lovely pose.

:exactly: Great Pose!!!!

Thanks fellas. :)

just got mine today. been waiting for it for months. got a chance to get some picture of this guy!
dXchsTf.jpg

I think this shot shows what I was talking about in my mini review about the silver gun metal. It looks terrible on the DX11 but good on the DX01. Looks cheaper. Of course it's only highlighted here with the flash but in hand it's still a considerable difference in finish. Not a deal breaker or anything just an observation. DX10 stuff was like this too....

Ill just say it...I hate the coat. I think because Kato designed it everybody feels like they have to love it. But lets be honest here...it looks nothing like his original coat. And Im sorry but comparing this DX11 coat to the original test shots of Heath, theyre nowhere near the same color. And also the fact of how bulky it is and a pain in the *** to futz, Im sorry....I hate the DX11 coat. :dunno

ynj7v.jpg

Blazer looks red , orange for the coat it looks

So weird how they just can't make the damn coat to look like that even after all this time.

Thank ya. No dyeing for me...I've never dyed anything in my life and sure am not going to start on something from an almost $300 figure.

I hate dyeing things. Especially if it's very specific and/or has to be mixed with other colors. It's an art form I swear.

Anyway, I really dig your Joker cr0w. You've done exceptionally well with the repaint and now with the weathering it really sets it apart from the others. Looking at your I just may weather my stuff now. It's hjard though with such nice clothes. :lol Maybe I'll use some Fullers Earth.

Yeah mine are slightly off one eye is higher than the other. I think it is just a normal thing, I doubt most of these are perfect.

I have one reserved for me at my local shop and the eyes look pretty good. Only noticeable on ridiculously close inspection.

Granted, I still won't be very cavalier with the eyes once I have him. haha

ynj7v.jpg

Blazer looks red , orange for the coat it looks

So weird how they just can't make the damn coat to look like that even after all this time.

I think it is because it is hard to tailor a Joker figure at a 1/6th scale and not make it look bulky because there are so many layers of clothing, especially for mass production! Even Kato's one is still not perfect. Enterbays clothes (although horrible quality) look like a person in a suit. So I think a bigger scale helps IMO.

What you really have to worry about is whether both eyes look in the same direction when they are facing sideways.

You mean how some are cross-eyed or am I misunderstanding? Or do you mean when one stays centered while the other looks off to the side? I think that's just a matter of the paint "sticking" on one side. Unsticking it can be tricky since it could break the system if you force it.

PERS causes problems imho. It does add a lifelike touch to the eyes but I could stand to do without it. I think it's the number one thing I worry about when I open a dx figure and I've had a share of problems with them in the past, though not nearly as extreme as some people have had.

I may try wiggling them a TINY bit but nothing major.

But from my understanding of the PERS system, the eyes can ALWAYS be adjusted to look straight provided you dont break the hinge joints on the inside? I can see how paint or tight or less tight joints of the hinge might make them stick, but by design you SHOULD be able to always adjust them to look proper unless the hinge breaks no?

You mean how some are cross-eyed or am I misunderstanding? Or do you mean when one stays centered while the other looks off to the side? I think that's just a matter of the paint "sticking" on one side. Unsticking it can be tricky since it could break the system if you force it.

Yeah that is what I meant but IMO it is not always due to the paint sticking to one side.

PERS causes problems imho. It does add a lifelike touch to the eyes but I could stand to do without it. I think it's the number one thing I worry about when I open a dx figure and I've had a share of problems with them in the past, though not nearly as extreme as some people have had.

Then maybe you shouldn't use it. I rarely do.

But from my understanding of the PERS system, the eyes can ALWAYS be adjusted to look straight provided you dont break the hinge joints on the inside? I can see how paint or tight or less tight joints of the hinge might make them stick, but by design you SHOULD be able to always adjust them to look proper unless the hinge breaks no?

Maybe, that does makes sense, but all I know is people have complained about googley eyes and not just crossed eyes. I think another explanation would be that the Irises are painted slightly off from one another and thus, not perfectly alined. :dunno

I think it is because it is hard to tailor a Joker figure at a 1/6th scale and not make it look bulky because there are so many layers of clothing, especially for mass production! Even Kato's one is still not perfect. Enterbays clothes (although horrible quality) look like a person in a suit. So I think a bigger scale helps IMO.

Eh, they could have used the same material they used on Jack Joker and it would have been fine. Oh well....

I have one reserved for me at my local shop and the eyes look pretty good. Only noticeable on ridiculously close inspection.

Granted, I still won't be very cavalier with the eyes once I have him. haha

Yeah I am happy with my eyes, it is a 12 inch figure, thus, it is hard to notice such subtle flaws at this scale. Like you said they are only noticeable on ridiculously close inspection. However, that only takes into accounts such subtle flaws, the DX12 Head sculpt had major flaws with the eyes which were real noticeable.

Last edited:
Eh, they could have used the same material they used on Jack Joker and it would have been fine. Oh well....

Yeah they could have but the figure would still look bulky. It is the several layers of clothing that is making the figure not look natural, not the coat. Well... the coat makes things look worse but still.

The coat on Kato's handmade ones is too thick like a winter coat yet the Joker suit overall does not look bulky.

I had originally ordered one of these earlier through bbts and cancelled. Then had a change of heart and re ordered it just yesterday. BBTS still shows this item available for p/o do you think they will be able to fill pre-orders taken as this point? Or am I just SOL?

Thanks to a lot of help from ShortRound, I dyed the blazer this morning. It's a subtle difference, but a good one nonetheless. I wouldn't necessarily say it came out blue, but it's definitely closer to the screen version.

Back