Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such an exercise does not recommend me reputable sellers from members with personal experience, obviously....

Paypal buyer protection has you covered for 45 days. If they've got positive feedback, then no reason not to go with the lowest price figure.

Ive read toyhq are getting the DX11 in May, its been a mighty long wait for this figure :rolleyes:

But im starting to get excited for him now and less jealous of everyone thats had him for months :D

Toy Anxiety sent my stuff to Essex,MD. WTF! They did this one time before. I have no idea why. I've never lived in Essex and I did not put that down as my info.

Any of you guys have the Enterbay 1/4? How does this compare to that? I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd DX11 or just buying a 1/4 Enterbay one.

It all depends on the type of collector you are. If you want something that looks like the closest thing as Ledger as the Joker and actually looks like a person in a suit as opposed to doll with bulky clothes, then Enterbay is the way to go. However, although Enterbay looks nice it has poor QC and most have a number of problems because the materials are cheap and poorly made, not to mention the face usually has sticky paint.

If you are the type of collector that is happy enough to have something that represents the character from the film but not so much likeness to the actor playing the Joker than Hot Toys is good enough IMO.

If you are also the type of collector that wants lots of accessories and likes to create scenes from the movie than once again Hot Toys is the way to go.

So it all depends on the type of collector you are, neither option is right or wrong just different. :wink1:

The enterbay need a custom head, a lot of work on the outfit, repainted shoes, and for some (customized the leg so that it's shorter) for it to look as good as Zack's.

Out of the box fresh, I'd definitely choose and recommend the DX11. With 2 stellar heads, well tailored outfit, tons of accessories. It gets a 9 out of 10 from me. EB is a 7 out of 10 ( if you get one without the defects, otherwise -1 for each defect).

The enterbay need a custom head, a lot of work on the outfit, repainted shoes, and for some (customized the leg so that it's shorter) for it to look as good as Zack's.

Enterbay's stock head still looks more realistic than Joker 2.0, but yeah only looks like Ledger on certain angles, mainly in quarter profile shots as the stock head sculpt is way too skinny. I disagree with you though, you do not need a custom MRM head, but his re-sculpt makes it look practically perfect but it is ok without it. Every other point you mentioned I agree with, very bad QC, except for that part where you said it needs a lot of work on the outfit. Like what for instance? :huh

Out of the box fresh, I'd definitely choose and recommend the DX11.

Sounds like your the type of collector that likes to have a lot of variety, I am more of the one that just wants something that looks nice on a shelf as I do not care about accessories.

With 2 stellar heads, well tailored outfit, tons of accessories. It gets a 9 out of 10 from me. EB is a 7 out of 10 ( if you get one without the defects, otherwise -1 for each defect).

I think the tailoring of the outfit is as good as you get for 1/6th (at least for mass produced) but I would not say it is well tailored, the vest is really bulky. Giving Hot Toys one a 9/10 is really extreme, since both head sculpts are not exactly a home run IMO, I guess that is debatable though. However, I agree with your score of EB one.

If BBTS is still taking pre-orders is it safe the say they will get the stock to fulfill the pre-orders taken now? Or should I just go to Evilbay? Someone familiar with BBTS, especially if you have ever pre-ordered a Hot Toy from them late in the game let me know? Thanks!-Brad

Back