Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kitbash laughing joker & my DX11.

IMG_3440_zps1589bac5.jpg

IMG_3435_zps78e7dcc7.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsc1e69d8d.jpg

IMG_3445_zps5ebb19b2.jpg

IMG_3496_zps2b1c3027.jpg

My DX 11 arrived last Friday but because of travel I was unable to open him until last night....:panic:

Being somewhat late to the party I won't go on and on but....first thoughts:

This box is HUGE. Really. Heaviest Hot Toys delivery to date. I did not opt for a pack out and payed for it, only slightly - 2 cracks on the box seam top and bottom...not terrible, but annoying. Very similar to the damage I had on my DX 12 box.

Once inside, I was blown away with all that's included. Just a serious set with great accessories and goodies: a true DX. The figure itself is better than pictures indicate. The overcoat is amazing as the texture isn't near the issue I thought it would be. The thin layers lay just right and and the fit and feel is luxurious. Kudos to Kato even if this is a slightly watered down version of his master craftsmanship. Only negative bit is a small issue with the vest snap which I'll mention below. Other highlights include the shoes and the variety of hands as well as the paint quality on the hands. The head sculpts are my favorite HT Jokers to date and the paint is top notch. The PERS feel solid and smooth...no fear in changing the eye position this time. The laughing sculpt went on my DX 01 set for interrogation set up.

The table/lamp and chair set are really impressive. A solid feel and just well constructed. Same for the dio - really heavy and nice. I wish it fit the detolf better...If I can get another at a reasonable rate I may cut it up to fit. The selection of knives and guns is perfect. Pretty much everything needed for this character. Unfortunately, the butterfly knife, while ridiculously detailed, is very brittle and fell apart before I could get it in his hand. I opted for the shotgun for his initial pose.

All and all, a win for us TDK fans. Even with the bloated pricetag of these DX figs, there is serious value here. I'm thrilled to have this and don't feel the need for another Joker. Hopefully, photos coming tonight.

Strange problem here; did anyone who undid the vest find it nearly impossible to get the button snaps done back up? Mine just don't seem to click into place. Namely the middle one, no matter how I line it up, it won't go into place.

I had that problem too. After a few seconds, I had that sinking feeling that I broke it... And I did.

So these button snaps are so delicate that they break if you dare to undo them? A little disappointing on a 300 dollar figure lol

They used to make these snaps out of metal... DX01 never had snap breaking issues!

My vest's top snap was undone when I opened the box. The small plastic tab was bent so I carefully tried to bend it straight. After another unsuccessful attempt to close the snap, the tab snapped off.

Metal snaps are clearly superior in this regard, and I'd advise people to avoid unnecessary undoing of any items that use these crap snaps.

Just so you know, i'M BUYING JACK BECAUSE OF THIS.

AND it is my background now.

Sent from the Monolith.

Fantastic!!! :clap I'm sorry, but I am also not sorry:lol. You'll love Jack Joker. They look great side by side (that's how I have them displayed anyhow). Thank you, that is a great compliment to me by the way.

Man, this Joker is incredible. I'm now using my DX01 Joker (w/ DX11 head) in the interrogation scene with DX02 Batman.

Nc7G+

DX12 Batman is hanging out with DX11 Joker and Bane up top :)

MDch+

Damn it damn it damn it

Stop making me want to buy Jack.

Haha, I'd post pics of just Jack, solely to help your decision, but I think that would not go well in this thread :lol.

I love Ledger's performance, but those pics really highlight how well Nicholson's Joker captured the comic character vs. Ledger. Nicholson looks like the Joker I always knew as a kid there come to life. Ledger looks like some crazy, self-mutilating homeless person.

Back