Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Seems like people are expecting a figure of Ledger and not his character.

Well yeah thats what I want, but Ledger likeness as the Joker not Ledger as Ledger without scars or make up. Most toy companies can sculpt the Joker character from the TDK but they can't seem to nail Ledger as the Joker.

Last edited:
Well yeah thats what I want, but Ledger likeness as the Joker not Ledger as Ledger. Most toy companies can sculpt the Joker character from the TDK but they can't seem to nail Ledger as the Joker.

Well, it doesn't bother me.But, I understand where you're coming from.
I believe it's because they aren't sculpting Ledger first and instead they're just going straight to the Joker. But, I could be completely wrong.

The coat does suck but its not as bad as it looks in pics. It's probably not as thick as a winter coat but it is still not the right material for a suit coat.

Yeah, the coat will probably look a lot better in hand than in photos. Although in some photos it looks fine. I wouldn't know though...still waiting on SS getting him :)

Well, it doesn't bother me.But, I understand where you're coming from.
I believe it's because they aren't sculpting Ledger first and instead they're just going straight to the Joker. But, I could be completely wrong.

:goodpost:

No I think your dead right, they just want to capture the Joker expression, which thus, captures the TDK Joker's character!

:hi5:

Yeah, the coat will probably look a lot better in hand than in photos. Although in some photos it looks fine. I wouldn't know though...still waiting on SS getting him :)

Yeah the fur is really noticeable in bright lighting and close up, but from a normal distance it looks fine and strangely a different type of material like silk, but not perfect like Enterbay's one.

Yeah really tempted to get the enterbay joker right now, it would be out of scale
with my dx12 but i dont think that would matter so much.

It's like ht's tells us last year that the dx11 and dx12 will be coming out together,
dx11 is delayed to feb, then delayed to march, now ****ing april! :gah:
I have 546$ all ready to go for joker and padawan obi-wan and i can't buy anything else cuz next month i have to get the 1/4 scale endo:(

Yeah really tempted to get the enterbay joker right now, it would be out of scale

It's like ht's tells us last year that the dx11 and dx12 will be coming out together,
dx11 is delayed to feb, then delayed to march, now ****ing april! :gah:
I have 546$ all ready to go for joker and padawan obi-wan and i can't buy anything else cuz next month i have to get the 1/4 scale endo:(

I was bummed about the delay, but with me it's actually a good thing since I just dropped 400$+ on City Hunter Predator and my 2nd DX10 in the past week and I have stuff on order this month as well.

If I can swing it, I will get two DX11's to have both the regular and interrogation displays.

I'm getting 1/4 Endo too! :hi5:

How come you won't buy the 1/4 scale Hot Toys TDKR Batman, now that will go well with the EB Joker right?

Wow I had no idea the Endo was coming out. I guess you prefer Terminators?

Last edited:
This figure is pretty damn awesome to me and I love everything about it (except the fuzzy-wuzzy coat) Can't understand why there is so much hate going on :dunno

For the price, I understand why people are unhappy with the figure. They want perfection. But let's be honest, this is the internet...all people do is hate and complain. No matter what.

STOP LAUGHING AT ME!

tumblr_lowu74PQVa1qfaf3r.gif

:lol Im number two on that list. I was number one for a long time. Don't feel bad.

Yes he does and he making a few of them with different expressions. :wink1:

Yup. I've been looking forward to the smiling sculpt all painted up and haired for months. Can't wait.

post no. 243 (because somebody's counting ~ though to be fair most of those other posts were bad egg-headed joker gags):

but i really love the sculpt. i don't feel the need to say so on every page, but i'm saying it now just to reiterate that not everybody wants/needs their joker to look exactly like heath ledger.

i want my joker to look like joker ~ and i feel like this does in a really fun dynamic way. and i don't care if others disagree. i'm perfectly capable of enjoying the crap outta this figure without anybody's validation.

: D

:exactly::goodpost:

I was bummed about the delay, but with me it's actually a good thing since I just dropped 400$+ on City Hunter Predator and my 2nd DX10 in the past week and I have stuff on order this month as well.

If I can swing it, I will get two DX11's to have both the regular and interrogation displays.

I'm getting 1/4 Endo too! :hi5:

So the Endo wasnt delayed and coming out on schedule????

This has gotta be up there with one of the most delayed figures ,right? Wasn't initially supposed to be out Dec.2012?

Yeah, I know other figures have been delayed longer but this one is pretty bad, isn't it?

In case anyone is interested, I just talked to Sideshow and they claimed the exclusive version is still supposed to be arriving this month and the regular version is delayed until April. Just sharing.

In case anyone is interested, I just talked to Sideshow and they claimed the exclusive version is still supposed to be arriving this month and the regular version is delayed until April. Just sharing.

While calling on another order I got the same information....hope it holds!!

Sorry basically you don't want the sculpt to look like person as the character from the film you just want the character from the film? I am kind of the same way with the Bale Batman, it does not have to look like Bale as Batman just as long as it looks like the character from the film like many DC direct statues do but Hot Toys one's don't IMO.

right! i'm glad these toys look like the actors (and i like christian bale as bruce wayne), but i want them for their characters. and especially with the joker i don't want to look at heath ledger on my shelf every day ~ that'd be depressing.

i think this sculpt captures the mercurial energy of the character heath ledger made for us: it's a performance, not a person. It's what i want and that's what i think hot toys gave us and it makes me happy.

:exactly: Seems like people are expecting a figure of Ledger and not his character.

Well yeah thats what I want, but Ledger likeness as the Joker not Ledger as Ledger without scars or make up. Most toy companies can sculpt the Joker character from the TDK but they can't seem to nail Ledger as the Joker.

but i really love the sculpt. i don't feel the need to say so on every page, but i'm saying it now just to reiterate that not everybody wants/needs their joker to look exactly like heath ledger.

i want my joker to look like joker ~ and i feel like this does in a really fun dynamic way. and i don't care if others disagree. i'm perfectly capable of enjoying the crap outta this figure without anybody's validation.

: D

Gotta tell ya ... I've got no idea what anybody is talking about anymore. Complete gobbledy-gook.

I don't understand how it can look like TDK Joker, but not Ledger ... or Ledger but not TDK Joker. Ledger was the Joker. They look the same. Its either both, or neither. Its not "mercurial". Its not a character separate from an actor. Its a performance by a person, not a performance or a person. Its a guy in makeup. It either looks like the character/ guy in the make-up, or it doesn't look like the character/ guy in the make-up. It can't look like the character, but not the guy in makeup.

I also don't understand "not everybody needs their Joker to look exactly like Heath Ledger". If not ... why buy the TDK version at all?

I like the sculpts. I think they look like Ledger/Joker. That's why I bought one. But, it sounds to me like y'all are just making this crap up, trying to find nuances where there are none.

SnakeDoc

Back