Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scaled.php

I transplanted the Bank Robber normal head onto the V1 and left the slicked hair head on the Bank Robber. Worked out pretty well for me.

Same.

Before I put mine together (had to wait for the Bank Robber to start shipping that holiday season) I was in awe over those pics of that combo. At the time I didn't think it could get much better.

20081014011535311_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
That don't make no sense.

The Joker V1 is an awful representation of the Joker character. Anyone who bought it can't have possibly bought it to display it as an accurate representation of the Joker in their collection. The only reason why someone would buy that crap is to play with it. Children play with toys and they don't care so much about accurate resemblance. He was implying I'm a kid. Funny. The only kids here are the people who bought that figure 4 years ago. Which wasn't long ago. :lol

BTW: I loved Super Mario on NES.

Same.

Before I put mine together (had to wait for the Bank Robber to start shipping that holiday season) I was in awe over those pics of that combo. At the time I didn't think it could get much better.

When the DX came out, I just took the coat off the V1 and displayed him that way and that is how he is to this day. Still a pretty impressive combo in my opinion.

Dammit, I caved in and pre-ordered this Joker.:( Looking back at that pic, I've now bought every iteration that Hot Toys has offered. That character was what started me in this hobby in the first place. I loved the character and performance so much that I wanted some representation of that, and as they say the rest is history...

The Joker V1 is an awful representation of the Joker character. Anyone who bought it can't have possibly bought it to display it as an representation of the Joker in their collection. The only reason why someone would buy that crap is to play with it. Children play with toys and they don't care so much about accurate resemblance. He was implying I'm a kid. Funny. The only kids here are the people who bought that figure 4 years ago. Which wasn't long ago. :lol

BTW: I loved Super Mario on NES.

Still don't make sense. Hot Toys up to that point didn't look exactly like the actual person to the most minute detail like they do now. I bought the Colonial Marines without likenesses at $85 as did many 1/6 collectors and we enjoyed and still enjoy them. They were the best thing available at the time and the Joker V1 was the best representation of that character at that point. Now every single figure is nit picked to death, photo shopped, birth marks counted, etc. I kind of miss the days of V1 Joker to be honest.

Dammit, I caved in and pre-ordered this Joker.:( Looking back at that pic, I've now bought every iteration that Hot Toys has offered. That character was what started me in this hobby in the first place. I loved the character and performance so much that I wanted some representation of that, and as they say the rest is history...

Same thing for me. I was looking for some sort of "memorabilia" for the joker and I stumbled upon the v1 hot toys joker. The rest is a dent in my wallet.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

The more and more I look at this the more and more disapointed I am. When you think of what hot toys has done of late, Reees superman, Captain Jack, 89 joker, all amazing. This well, this puts hot toys back 2 years. The main skupt is closer to the original v1 joker than looking like heath. I 'm sorry but the main head skulpt is not better than the br skulpt.

Was expecting a dead on likeness and maybe real hair.

Still don't make sense. Hot Toys up to that point didn't look exactly like the actual person to the most minute detail like they do now. I bought the Colonial Marines without likenesses at $85 as did many 1/6 collectors and we enjoyed and still enjoy them. They were the best thing available at the time and the Joker V1 was the best representation of that character at that point. Now every single figure is nit picked to death, photo shopped, birth marks counted, etc. I kind of miss the days of V1 Joker to be honest.

And that's simply why I didn't buy them. Their purpose is to resemble the actual person. And that's the only reason why I would buy them, because I want something that looks like the actual person. So in my opinion, if you don't buy them for resemblance, which the Joker V1 lacks, you buy them to play with.

Edit: Or, that person have pretty low expectations when it comes to resemblance...

I actually see a strong likeness with the main sculpt. The problem I have and see with this is the PERS. With the chosen expression, there is only a couple of ways you can pose those eyes to give it a natural look and strong likeness as seen in the movie. But like the first initial teaser pic of the head sculpt, the way the eyes were pose and angle, looked very unnatural and doesn't compliment the expression.

When pose right, that expression reminds of the the party with the look he gave to the old guy right before he said "you remind me of my father" line as well as when he says to bats, "very poor choice of words". Compared to the to all the versions of Jokers, this is comes close to the Bank Robber Joker IMO, then DX1 follow dead last with v1.

Yeah it took them forever to get that panda Joker out.

I remember all those threads with polls. "WHICH 1/6 JOKER SHOULD I BUY: HT, DCD or MEDICOM?" I believe the earliest Joker custom was the DC Direct head repainted then frankensteined onto the Hot Toys figure.
It's funny, that Bank Robber Joker is probably the main reason I ever joined this forum in the first place, but I, too, was a bit unsure of which 1/6 Batmen were superior to others at the time. I remember referring to Michael's Toy Review for his reviews (or Wooksters, can't remember) with comparisons between HT, Takara, and Medicom I think. And I was unsure which of the first two HT Dark Knight Batmen I should have bought, though it seems like a no-brainer in hindsight (OC Bats is way better than the new suit MMS version).

Those HT Dark Knight figures played a big role in helping to educate me on 1/6 matters in general, but in other ways as well. For instance, I preordered those two Jokers in 2008, paid up front with Paypal, and the sellers started making excuses (very similar to the ones various custom artists tend to make here), and I was understanding, but then they went under after the 45 day period, taking my money with them. Now I'm a bit paranoid as a buyer, and it has served me well since then.

And that's simply why I didn't buy them. Their purpose is to resemble the actual person. And that's the only reason why I would buy them, because I want something that looks like the actual person. So in my opinion, if you don't buy them for resemblance, which the Joker V1 lacks, you buy them to play with.

That's a very condescending attitude to have toward collectors that have been in the hobby for a long time. Oh well.

The more and more I look at this the more and more disapointed I am. When you think of what hot toys has done of late, Reees superman, Captain Jack, 89 joker, all amazing. This well, this puts hot toys back 2 years. The main skupt is closer to the original v1 joker than looking like heath. I 'm sorry but the main head skulpt is not better than the br skulpt.

Was expecting a dead on likeness and maybe real hair.

So how do you like working at Enterbay? Good pay/benefits?

Edit: Or, that person have pretty low expectations when it comes to resemblance...

But, imagine if at that time, it was the most amazing thing you've seen. Likeness or not it was the latest and greatest. Then the BR Joker came along. Then the DX came along. And now this. Figures are forever evolving.

The funny thing is, in ten years time they'll be someone like you, trashing this figure for having no resemblance to Heath:lecture:lol

Back