Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to feed the greed machine AKA Hot toys but damn, this is pre ordered and I'm glad to give them my money... :lol

Man I wish I could sign up for some kind of HT fan club and send them a check everymonth and everyonce and a while a box would show up with a new fig. It would be alot easier than this running around waiting for them to release somthing I already know I am going to buy :rotfl

All I'm saying is that the Joker V1 does not fulfill its purpose of resembling the actual person. I have a hard time believing that someone would buy it for its awful resemblance. Why else would they buy it?

To confuse you.

In all seriousness, "because it's cool" is a very underrated reason these days. People tend to forget it's actually valid.

I personally collect these things because they look like mini-persons of the characters they are trying to resemble and I want to display them like pieces of art, not toys, in my collection.

Not to get off-topic, but the following figure has an inaccurate headsculpt due to the lower-half of its face being (I kid you not) almost totally off.

558752_10150649820582344_58690437343_9476268_1717520529_n.jpg

I guess this isn't art, then.

Last edited:
^ Nice, and I like the low prices too. After all he did say:
"See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite and gunpowder and gasoline. Do you know what all these things have in common? They're cheap."

You know what I always thought was funny about that line....he states gasoline was cheep. TDK was released in 08 when gas prices were over $5.00 in the USA. Just a bit ironic. :lol

You know what I always thought was funny about that line....he states gasoline was cheep. TDK was released in 08 when gas prices were over $5.00 in the USA. Just a bit ironic. :lol

I guess it's what you compare it to. Instead of blowing a ton of money on a luxury car, if you bought that much money's worth of gas, you sure could burn a ____ ton of stuff with that.

I guess it's what you compare it to. Instead of blowing a ton of money on a luxury car, if you bought that much money's worth of gas, you sure could burn a ____ ton of stuff with that.

Good point, no point in buying gas with no car. :lol
I always just thought it was just an ironic quote for the time. :)

He lives in a city that doesn't exist in a world that isn't ours. For all we know gas prices are cheap there.

They're always cheap in the US anyway, considering we pay double in the UK. :wink1:

With politicians as currupt as they are in Gotham, Im pretty sure its expensive there too. :lol

What Dracula don't get is people buy on this hobby what is best AT THE MOMENT.. check this collectible figures from Batman & Robin,

005.jpg

(picture taken from member's collection)

That's not the same as buying something because they think it is very accurately resembling what its supposed to resemble. I might buy a bobble head of the Joker because I think it looks cool but I won't buy it for the purpose of displaying it as an accurate representation of the Joker. :dunno

Exactly what I tried explaining. His thinking is very close minded

You don't know me very well so don't talk BS about me like that, if you only knew me in real life you would know how open minded I am. A couple of comments on a forum doesn't tell everything about me.

The only thing I'm saying is the Joker V1 is not acceptable as an accurate representation of the Joker from the movie. It's awful. I wouldn't buy it and I didn't. The headsculpt doesn't look like him.

In all seriousness, "because it's cool" is a very underrated reason these days. People tend to forget it's actually valid.

Now that's an argument for buying that Joker V1, because someone thinks it's "cool". I have no issue with that at all. See, you guys aren't really arguing against what I'm saying so I don't understand why some of you get so pissed off.

The predator figure is very nice, I have it on pre-order hoping they fix the accuracy of the headsculpt and the bio mask. I was one of those who "moaned" about it, as some people here are very much against improvement.

Seriously dude, I dont get this guy's angle. I guess the new collectors are way too spoiled. We did just fine with the stuff 4 years ago. :lol

Interesting approach to someone you don't know at all.

You don't know me very well so don't talk BS about me like that, if you only knew me in real life you would know how open minded I am. A couple of comments on a forum doesn't tell everything about me.

The only thing I'm saying is the Joker V1 is not acceptable as an accurate representation of the Joker from the movie. It's awful. I wouldn't buy it and I didn't. The headsculpt doesn't look like him.

Look mate I don't mean any disrespect. What I meant was I think your a little close minded on the topic. I understand where your coming from but I feel you need to think about where others are coming from. There are two sides to the argument.

Back