Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very condescending attitude to have toward collectors that have been in the hobby for a long time. Oh well.

I don't think it is. I'm just stating my opinion. All I'm saying is that the Joker V1 does not fulfill its purpose of resembling the actual person. I have a hard time believing that someone would buy it for its awful resemblance. Why else would they buy it? Because it was the best thing out there back then? OK. But buying something because it's the best thing out there isn't the same as buying it because it actually looks like the actual person. I would only buy it if it looked like the actual person. If this was the best out there (as I've pointed out earlier):

TDK+Joker+HUGE+2.jpg

I would not buy it as an accurate representation of the Joker from the movie (with real people, not cartoons).

There is a line, as I've said, where something becomes acceptable as accurately resembling the actual person.

It's funny, that Bank Robber Joker is probably the main reason I ever joined this forum in the first place, but I, too, was a bit unsure of which 1/6 Batmen were superior to others at the time. I remember referring to Michael's Toy Review for his reviews (or Wooksters, can't remember) with comparisons between HT, Takara, and Medicom I think. And I was unsure which of the first two HT Dark Knight Batmen I should have bought, though it seems like a no-brainer in hindsight (OC Bats is way better than the new suit MMS version).

Those HT Dark Knight figures played a big role in helping to educate me on 1/6 matters in general, but in other ways as well. For instance, I preordered those two Jokers in 2008, paid up front with Paypal, and the sellers started making excuses (very similar to the ones various custom artists tend to make here), and I was understanding, but then they went under after the 45 day period, taking my money with them. Now I'm a bit paranoid as a buyer, and it has served me well since then.

Yeah, great times.

I'm not ashamed to say that 1/6 Batman brought me here. I remember lurking in 2006/2007 around the time I got the first MMS 02 BD Terminator. What really sparked my interest though was the Takara Batman. I remember reading all the back and forth posting that went on. Hot Toys or Takara? I vividly remember the threads on here as well as Crawfords comparison review between the three versions of Begins Batman. There was also Pitu's review of it too. I ended up getting the Takara and left the boards for a bit.

Then the Hot Toys TDK stuff showed up, specifically Bank Robber Joker and the OC Batman and I had to join. That's when it really all started for me. Probably my favorite time in this hobby so far. The dealers (I bought from Joe before he screwed everyone and left), the info, the discussions, it was all good.

Hard to believe that not long ago we couldn't order DC Hot Toys stuff from Sideshow. Now it seems like a no brainer since it started with Reeve Superman.

Joker's detonator and the one given to the ferry folks are identical

Actually Void, you are dead wrong for once. May you be finally humbled in your TDK obession. Mark in on your calenders guys!

The-Dark-Knight-2008-movie-props.jpg

Joker-Ferryboat-Master-Detonator.jpg

The Joker's had two keys so he could make sure both boats blew up. :lecture

Guess you haven't watched the end of the film enough :lol

I Bought some Inception poker chips from this guy (he replicas movie items, mostly from Nolan's films).

He made a detonator, 1:1 scale pretty cool if you wanna look:[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5eC_1nXN0&list=FL_D3m-GsCWrSkh9GOIRT6iA&index=22&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

I'd like to have this, but the $275 price tags makes it a pass for me. I didn't even pay that for my DX2 Batman on the secondary market.

^ stoked to know the HT detonator is NOT the Joker's after all. Makes it easier for me to give up wanting the exclusive.

I don't collect toys. I personally collect these things because they look like mini-persons of the characters they are trying to resemble and I want to display them like pieces of art, not toys, in my collection.

I really want to see a picture of your collection. Who do you have?

Actually Void, you are dead wrong for once. May you be finally humbled in your TDK obession. Mark in on your calenders guys!

The-Dark-Knight-2008-movie-props.jpg

Joker-Ferryboat-Master-Detonator.jpg

The Joker's had two keys so he could make sure both boats blew up. :lecture

Guess you haven't watched the end of the film enough :lol

:lol you have a sharp eye. I saw it last night on blu ray and still couldn't see it.

The more and more I look at this the more and more disapointed I am. When you think of what hot toys has done of late, Reees superman, Captain Jack, 89 joker, all amazing.

The Reeve Superman is the equivalent of the V1 Joker.

I'll wait till the DX Reeve eventually shows up.

You're full of it...:lol

The Reeve Superman is one of HT's best releases, I don't know how you could even consider comparing that to the v1 Joker.

What Dracula don't get is people buy on this hobby what is best AT THE MOMENT.. check this collectible figures from Batman & Robin,

005.jpg

(picture taken from member's collection)

I don't care what anyone says, all the Hot Toys Joker releases so far are great figures, including the V1. If you can get a V1 for cheap then do it, its a nice figure still, though i don't display the sculpt it comes with rather use the Bank Robber messy makeup sculpt on the V1 figure minus the coat with sleeves up.

I don't care what anyone says, all the Hot Toys Joker releases so far are great figures, including the V1. If you can get a V1 for cheap then do it, its a nice figure still, though i don't display the sculpt it comes with rather use the Bank Robber messy makeup sculpt on the V1 figure minus the coat with sleeves up.

Yeah I'm keeping my V1 and displaying him without his coat and with the interrogation room sculpt.

Yeah I'm keeping my V1 and displaying him coat less with the interrogation room sculpt.

Yea, no sense selling off your Jokers and have some of the other cool accessories sit in a box, get creative with what you have currently plus DX11 which will make for quite a display besides, every Joker sculpt shows different expression, all which i like and are worth keeping and not looking vastly out dated IMO.

But, at the same time i understand those collectors who wish to sell off their DX01 to upgrade to a figure that has a greater display presence plus make a few extra bucks on the side to go towards other interests etc.

Back