Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the prices of this figure are 400$+ right now and my need to get a purple coat joker in my detolf, I'm afraid to pick one up and then HT releases a 3.0 Joker for half the price! :(
This is my dilemma with all TDK figures right now, it's the curse of the new collectors :banghead
What would you do if you were in my place? I'd love to hear from you guys.

Maybe a mix between a dx11 and the dx01 and call it the Joker 3.0! and it'll be the ultimate Joker with all the accessories (including the grenades rig which is missing on the dx11), but obviously without the interrogation scene backdrop. Don't you think? :confused:

Of course there'll be another one, although we'll never see the desk, chair and laughing head again. Maybe they'll do an armory style package that will include the bat pod and a new Bale Batman...

Did HT ever released a figure from a specific movie more than two times? and have they ever released a 3.0 version for a figure?

There are like 4 Dark Knight suits counting the armory, I think. MMS71, DX02, DX12, Armory.
And 3 Begins suits. MMS13, MMS67, MMS155.

Just what people were saying after the dx01. :lol

That was a while between drinks, DX01 to DX11. Even if the Nolan Bats machine is still ticking over in 4 years I'd be spending the four hundred or whatever it is now rather than wait for v3.0 DX20 :)

There are like 4 Dark Knight suits counting the armory, I think. MMS71, DX02, DX12, Armory.
And 3 Begins suits. MMS13, MMS67, MMS155.

Wow! thanks for the information.
Well, that made it more difficult choice now. I thought they only release a figure two times :gah:

A 3.0. could happen with a few things, god knows what...this has the diorama, PERS fixes, etc, which warrants some advantages. What could they add to a 3.0. over this and the DX01? I'm not even sure since I think he has everything from the movie at this point. Unless they added in nurse Joker parts :dunno

The Iron Man Mark I and II 2.0.s had a fair bit; the Mark I had a unique base, improved Tony Stark sculpt, and sculpted flame attachment. The Mark II had a Don Cheadle sculpt, many removable parts, table to display it dis-assembled, articulated fingers...I could be missing a few things, and I'm not sure about other 2.0.s besides the DX12 which is from a TDKR instead of TDK.

Ledger Jokers sell, so we will probably see at least one more. They'll probably give us a new headsculpt, possibly two. Maybe HT finally rolls the dice and gives it rooted hair and/or a voice feature.

Ledger Jokers sell, so we will probably see at least one more. They'll probably give us a new headsculpt, possibly two. Maybe HT finally rolls the dice and gives it rooted hair and/or a voice feature.

I'm sure there'll be another. Both of those ideas are awesome, although I'm not sure how likely a voice feature is because presumably they'd need all kinds of extra levels of permission to use his actual voice. I could see rooted hair happening, especially as that's the only way to recreate his final scene where he's upside down. It would make sense to make that scene the focus of a 3.0 as they've already done a bank robber and an interrogation scene Joker. They could include a way of hanging him upside down, and maybe some dogs too. Rooted hair is really the last thing they need to do to make the perfect Joker. They could also reference the chase in a 3.0, either by releasing him with a Bat Pod in a massive package (armory style) or with the truck door that says 'slaughter is the best medicine'. For the avoidance of doubt, and not suggesting they release a 1/6 truck!

Back