Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be, yeah...but I'm personally not really willing to steam, iron, comb, stretch, sew, rub deer piss all over, cure, sun-dry, then bake for 4 hours at 420 degrees to make it look half-decent. So...yeah. DX01 coat is fine. I have the EB Joker if I want a good outfit. This is just because I got tired of the BR sculpt. I'm flat-out sick of having to do a week's worth of work at least to make my $300 figures look worth a damn.

i love the dx01, so i ain't dissing it. just a comparative observation.

he definitely looks nicely disheveled in the "older" suit.

Oh yeah I know you're not dissing it at all. I'm just irritated with just how much work has to go into making a lot of the new stuff up to par. I've had enough with the DX12, I don't want to have to mod anything else, least of all fabric which is so easy to screw up.

It can be, yeah...but I'm personally not really willing to steam, iron, comb, stretch, sew, rub deer piss all over, cure, sun-dry, then bake for 4 hours at 420 degrees to make it look half-decent. So...yeah. DX01 coat is fine. I have the EB Joker if I want a good outfit. This is just because I got tired of the BR sculpt. I'm flat-out sick of having to do a week's worth of work at least to make my $300 figures look worth a damn.

I think that's fair enough actually. I've actually still kept parts of DX01. What do you think of the new head Crow?
Do you think it's a bit strange in hand? I'm still undecided on the new heads.

Aside from the runny make-up under the eyes which is always going to be an issue with me because I HATE the teardrop look everyone is obsessed with, I think it's just about as close to perfect as you're going to get at this scale.

It's basically an improved BR sculpt with PERS, in my eyes. I like the expression, I think especially viewed from the sculpt's right side, it's dead-on. The paint is great, easily HT's best Joker paint yet, aside from those friggin' tears. Honestly, with Joker sculpts you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. There's not a single 3D sculpt that is ever going to look 100% like he did in the movie because that son of a ***** changed facial expressions every .0007 seconds, and a static sculpt just is never going to look right to anyone's eyes. Even Adam's, while they had great Ledger likenesses, had issues balancing that and his performance as Joker. The one thing this sculpt has over every other one I've seen in this scale is personality and life. It's not drab, dour or expressionless, it gives you options, and it captures the character which is the most important thing to me.

So, in short, I love the sculpt. And I was a harsh critic of it from early pictures.

Aside from the runny make-up under the eyes which is always going to be an issue with me because I HATE the teardrop look everyone is obsessed with, I think it's just about as close to perfect as you're going to get at this scale.

It's basically an improved BR sculpt with PERS, in my eyes. I like the expression, I think especially viewed from the sculpt's right side, it's dead-on. The paint is great, easily HT's best Joker paint yet, aside from those friggin' tears. Honestly, with Joker sculpts you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. There's not a single 3D sculpt that is ever going to look 100% like he did in the movie because that son of a ***** changed facial expressions every .0007 seconds, and a static sculpt just is never going to look right to anyone's eyes. Even Adam's, while they had great Ledger likenesses, had issues balancing that and his performance as Joker. The one thing this sculpt has over every other one I've seen in this scale is personality and life. It's not drab, dour or expressionless, it gives you options, and it captures the character which is the most important thing to me.

So, in short, I love the sculpt. And I was a harsh critic of it from early pictures.

Interesting. I found with the reg sculpt, that I liked it from left or right profile. Each looked like ledger. But from the front it's like they tried to get two expressions into one.

There's not a single 3D sculpt that is ever going to look 100% like he did in the movie because that son of a ***** changed facial expressions every .0007 seconds, and a static sculpt just is never going to look right to anyone's eyes. Even Adam's, while they had great Ledger likenesses, had issues balancing that and his performance as Joker. The one thing this sculpt has over every other one I've seen in this scale is personality and life. It's not drab, dour or expressionless, it gives you options, and it captures the character which is the most important thing to me.

this. this. and this.

and this.

it should pinned for all time.

Love the mirrors in the dio was hoping wouldnt look cheap cool pics guys crow ,r2 so jealous ...

Lots of words. Words that are used to make perfect sense. :goodpost:

Heh, "half decent".

Agreed. Only difference is that I felt that way from the moment I saw it. I've never understood the criticisms for it.

Same thing with the DX12 BW sculpt. Has always looked awesome to me, from proto to in hand.

The interrogation dio fits perfectly in the detolf....

tumblr_mh1yq8Hvym1r49vc3o2_500.jpg

My take on Grumpy...

tumblr_mh1yq8Hvym1r49vc3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh1zmyRKsC1r49vc3o2_500.jpg

Good looking display! :clap

awesome Cr0w! :clap

not sure if you've said it yet (and sorry for asking if you did), but what's your opinion on the sculpt/paint??

EDIT: nevermind, found your opinion :lol :slap must've skipped over it somehow

Don't bother with the box! And leave the accessories till last. Jump right to the figure please Mike! :lol

Yeah FFS! :gah:

I say go for broke! Start with the brown shipper... :monkey1

:rotfl :rotfl:rotfl :rotfl

**** it. Tell us about the shipping labels and bubblewrap too.

I have actually seen that mentioned in a review how sideshow puts shipping labels on their shipping boxes. The guy was really angry about it! :rotfl :rotfl

Yeah I hate it to. :(

Even Adam's, while they had great Ledger likenesses, had issues balancing that and his performance as Joker. The one thing this sculpt has over every other one I've seen in this scale is personality and life. It's not drab, dour or expressionless, it gives you options, and it captures the character which is the most important thing to me.

From the pictures I have seen, I some what I see agree, while this sculpt does give personality and life, I am not sure if I see much likeness to Ledger. So far I am agreeing with Rory that the normal sculpt is not that impressive. However, I do see the expressions of the Joker from the TDK, so IMO does look like the character from TDK.

Back