Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought it from Toys2...

It was sealed. The hole in the neck of Cop Joker is obviously too big for the socket on the True-Type. As for the feet, the holes in the shoes are too small.

maybe you did not realize theat the headsculpts need a neck adapter that comes installed on the TT generic head as well as the installed DX head? The feet on the TT need to be removed to expose the joint's ball as the shoe does not need the feet to slide in. Is that what is throwing you off?

maybe you did not realize theat the headsculpts need a neck adapter that comes installed on the TT generic head as well as the installed DX head? The feet on the TT need to be removed to expose the joint's ball as the shoe does not need the feet to slide in. Is that what is throwing you off?

No, I got that part. But the feet socket seem way too big for the holes in the shoes. As for the neck adapter, where is it suppose to be exactly? If it's already on the TT head, then there is no way that this is coming off...I'm able to turn it, but it doesn't look like it's coming off unless I use a pair of plyers and pull like a madman.

You have to pop the rounded neck plug like you see at the bottom of this photo from the head that comes with the TT then pop it into the Cop head from the Joker. As for the rest of the bits, I put my Cop onto a Narrow TT from Toys2 just fine, hands, shoes, so not sure why you're having trouble, may need to heat up the shoes with hot water or a hair dryer to soften them a bit to pop onto the pegs, but should work.

HTIRAQAIRMAN-head1.jpg

Just succeeded with the shoes...man! Never thought those holes would be adequate.

Now for the neck part. I was just afraid to break something, but since you say it's alright, I'll try it.

Thanks homies.

Same thing, you'll probably need to head the TT head to get the neck plug out, but you should be able to pop the Cop head onto it without heating the Cop head.

I was wondering in the "old" days of Joker V1 :lol
did ppl trash the likeliness back then? Did it sell well or not at all due to the likeliness or lack of it?
Just these days whatever I read it's almost like if it's not a shrunk down version of the actual character then all hell breaks loose.

Back in the days of the first Joker, the likeness was in question, that really grew once we saw the movie though, he shipped a month or so after the film came out and we had more than just photos to go by and all. Many people felt, and rightly so, that the DCD Joker had a better likeness, but weren't fans of the hair. Overall, the original HT Joker was the nicest looking Joker at the time, DCD's was very skinny and tall looking, and Medicom's had a very cartoony look, the first HT Joker was the most realistic looking, even though not very accurrate.

I was wondering in the "old" days of Joker V1 :lol
did ppl trash the likeliness back then? Did it sell well or not at all due to the likeliness or lack of it?
Just these days whatever I read it's almost like if it's not a shrunk down version of the actual character then all hell breaks loose.

I still see it like this, however it has to be the exact angle. Any other angle and v1 looks like Roger Federer.

HeathJoker.png

To be honest I'm tempted to dig out the putty and do some mods to it.

Roger_Federer66.jpg

Yeah to be honest, being my first 1/6th character and all, i always enjoyed the original Joker, and could always see a bit of the Heath/Joker impression in there. Only a teeny bit but there nonetheless

Yeah to be honest, being my first 1/6th character and all, i always enjoyed the original Joker, and could always see a bit of the Heath/Joker impression in there. Only a teeny bit but there nonetheless

I liked it pretty good when I first got it, but soon I saw all the crappiness of the vest, and even my custom painted v1 head (the original paint sucked on mine, it really did.) just wasn't doing the job. That coupled with the fact that my v1 coat was unthreading itself and the price I paid for it, I began to regret buying it. The only thing I liked about the v1 was the tie. Yeah, call me crazy, but it had the right material and if you futzed it, it looked really nice.

Friend of mine in HK just read an interview with HT owner and a few interesting points that I recalled were:
- licenses are the hardest part in the business
- licenses of the living are riskier than those of the dead
- TDK Joker sold over a million units (not specific if all or just DX)!!!!
- surprise was that it outsold Batman

Friend of mine in HK just read an interview with HT owner and a few interesting points that I recalled were:
- licenses are the hardest part in the business
- licenses of the living are riskier than those of the dead
- TDK Joker sold over a million units (not specific if all or just DX)!!!!
- surprise was that it outsold Batman

A million Jokers, I find that difficult to believe, aren't the head sculpts hand painted!?!?

Hmm ok maybe lost in translation. But I believe it was a Hugh number maybe spread across Joker V1, Bankrober & DX01 and maybe the Owner exagerating a little but even at 100,000 that be amazing. Maybe someone here has the Chinese magazine and can verify. It was in one of those entertainment ones and not the hobby ones

Something doesn't sound right about that number even if it was all 3 Jokers, you're talking about 300,000 of each figure made, the sheer production expense seems impossible. I don't think I've heard of a limited figure produced more than 10,000 units or so, I'd think even 50,000 of one figure would be taxing.

Something doesn't sound right about that number even if it was all 3 Jokers, you're talking about 300,000 of each figure made, the sheer production expense seems impossible. I don't think I've heard of a limited figure produced more than 10,000 units or so, I'd think even 50,000 of one figure would be taxing.

I am not sure as I did not see the article myself and I did ask if that was dollar amount of number of figures :p He is not into the hobby at all just knew I was into it and it came up during a conversation during CNY. I figure I throw it out here and someone here proabably has seen the article and can provide correction or confirmation :p

Back