Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe after Batman 3 we could get a nice collected edition like Warner's Superman set from 07:

zz13188ca51.jpg

I'd settle just for a decent standard release. TDK was dissappointingly weak for extras, even less than Begins.

i remember reading somewhere that nolan feels extras on dvds/blurays ruin the magic of movies. something about showing too much and therefore ruining the mystery and magic of it all.

he said this after making the prestige mind you.

so that's why nolan chooses to limit on what we get in terms of extras on the dvd releases.

It is the worse special extras dvd i've ever seen in my life. I was at least expecting cast interviews or a heath behind the scenes tribute thing, and we got jack all besides some horrendously terrible gotham news spoof thing. Way dissappointing

That trailer shows you why that TDK is and forever will be a timeless masterpiece. Thank you for that link.

Btw speaking of the switchouts, was it just me, or i swear i remember in the movie 'like my mother always said, if you're good at something, never do it for free' during the mob meeting. Then when i got the bluray it seemed like they took it out. I SOOOO remember it, maybe i just invented it in my mind. Seemed so perfect and fitting then it wasn't there. Just me?

There's no line about mother, but the dialogue goes like this. After Jokers says kill the Batman, Maroni remarks, if killing Batman's so easy, why hadn't Joker done it yet, to which he replies, "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Btw speaking of the switchouts, was it just me, or i swear i remember in the movie 'like my mother always said, if you're good at something, never do it for free' during the mob meeting.

The line in the movie - "If you're good at something, never do it for free" is present in both the theatrical release and all the DVD/Blu-Ray releases. It is intact.

What's confusing you is the fact that, in the script, the full line is "Like my mother always said, if you're good at something, never do it for free." The script was released by WB during Oscar season, so we know that was the scripted line. Whether it was ever filmed that way and cut later - or just filmed the way we got it - we will never know. But there's been no footage release of the full line, either in trailers, spots, or the final release.

Is there anywhere besides ebay that one can buy a set of Joker cards like the ones used in the Dark Knight??? Id like to have a set of the cards used in the movie... I have a Twoface Harvey Dent Silver Dollar coin already... Joker cards would really make my display look more complete...

Is there anywhere besides ebay that one can buy a set of Joker cards like the ones used in the Dark Knight??? Id like to have a set of the cards used in the movie... I have a Twoface Harvey Dent Silver Dollar coin already... Joker cards would really make my display look more complete...

I believe a set comes with the Joker Poker Set from DCD.

https://cgi.ebay.com/New-Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Joker-Poker-Set-Collectible_W0QQitemZ130366396167QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5a715707

There were replicas all over eBay around the time of the film, but they have all dried up it would seem.

The line in the movie - "If you're good at something, never do it for free" is present in both the theatrical release and all the DVD/Blu-Ray releases. It is intact.

What's confusing you is the fact that, in the script, the full line is "Like my mother always said, if you're good at something, never do it for free." The script was released by WB during Oscar season, so we know that was the scripted line. Whether it was ever filmed that way and cut later - or just filmed the way we got it - we will never know. But there's been no footage release of the full line, either in trailers, spots, or the final release.

REALLY? That makes it quite interesting that you mention that:horror I SWEAR i remember it being like that in the movie, unless i saw it, and then read the script, and somehow the voice etched into my mind like that. Interesting that the script has it though, i like it WAY better, alot more fitting

Ahh I see! Well, welcome to Liverpool hope you enjoy it here! There's another comic shop here aswell as Forbidden Planet so you might want to have a look in that one too - it's called Worlds Apart and it's on Lime Street. I don't know if they have DX Joker but they're usualy up to date with their Hot Toys stock.
I also recommend the May Sum Chinese buffet restaurant too it's just around the corner from there and it's fantastic! lol :D

Ha I went to May Sum Chinese buffet restaurant, but forgot to look inside the store you recomended, but I got the Joker so it's Ok, now im just after Cannibal Jack Sparrow :D

Back