Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated how they changed "a year a go these cops and lawyers" to "let's rewind the clocks back, a year"

Exactly Ed! I loved the way he delivered that line in the 3rd trailer, me and my friend used to say "a year ago..." all the time, lol. It was one of the only (brief) moments of disappointment experienced watching TDK opening night.

I guess I shouldn't have watched the trailer so many times...got attached to the dialog. :)

The absolute ultimate WORST switchout was when Joker has burnt the money and is telling the Chechan, 'tell your friends they work for me now' or something along those lines.

In the Domino Pizza trailer - there is a different shot of this scene which is from a bit further back, and you can see the entire pile burning, and Joker and the Chechan in full form rather than up close. It is absolute EPIC. Was my favourite trailer - will post a link when i get home.

Thanks man - this is the best trailer i have ever seen, for any movie. If this is topped, God help my wallet cuz i know the movie would have to beat TDK too.

Wow they totally changed so many of the Jokers cool lines with lame ones in the movie... The last one THIS TOWN IS MINE NOW... Sent chills down my spine...

you're deffo right about that "this town is mine now" scene.
but this is my favourite trailer, still gives me goosebumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jqq4j52Fb4
the laugh at 41seconds is phenomenal I prefered the way he says "Hit Me!" in this trailer too compared to one used in the film. Also they cut short in the film the bit where he fires the bazooka and hits the tumbler - the way he recoils and nearly drops it after firing is just so perfect Joker. I also hate that they cut short the bit at 58 seconds..where he shuts his eyes and kinda swallows / wets his mouth.

The absolute ultimate WORST switchout was when Joker has burnt the money and is telling the Chechan, 'tell your friends they work for me now' or something along those lines.

In the Domino Pizza trailer - there is a different shot of this scene which is from a bit further back, and you can see the entire pile burning, and Joker and the Chechan in full form rather than up close. It is absolute EPIC. Was my favourite trailer - will post a link when i get home.

Yeah, it is epic... for the trailer.

I can see why it wasn't used because it really would not have worked during that scene in the movie.

Same with some other stuff. Just be happy you did get to see these different shots/here these lines in some form.

Finally uploaded my second part of the DX review, the police version.

it is still processing so the quality is crap time being. I had music in the background but thanks to the lovely windows movie maker it somehow didn't end up in the final thing.... F YOU WMM!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwfPrhDAE5U

Last edited:
I really wish they'd give TDK the Ultimate Collector's edition treatment,featurettes,tons of bonus features,never before seen footage,etc. and the film with extra footage that was previously edited or cut.

I haven't read all these pages but I just found the gun the Joker uses in the "chase" scene in TDK.
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Pistol_Hot_Toys_S_W_M76_Subgun_p/ht0830-z287.htm

joker%2Bgun%2Bheath%2Bledger.jpg

Hope this helps. I ordered one for my DX Joker.

I really wish they'd give TDK the Ultimate Collector's edition treatment,featurettes,tons of bonus features,never before seen footage,etc. and the film with extra footage that was previously edited or cut.

I'd settle just for a decent standard release. TDK was dissappointingly weak for extras, even less than Begins.

Yeah, I was totally shocked by the lack of extras. I thought for sure all of the Heath Ledger interviews about the Joker would end up there. I mean they always seem to interview these guys on set now for DVDs but there was nothing like that there. Plus there is all of the alternate takes in the trailers I would have liked to see as extras. I'm sure they'll "dig up" something in time for a re-release before Batman 3 though, just like they did with Begins.

I think that is the influence of Nolan. I don't think he wants the cut scenes and other stuff added. Then again, who knows. Warner Bros. could be holding out for our money when they re-release TDK right before the next Batman movie comes out.

Yeah, I was totally shocked by the lack of extras. I thought for sure all of the Heath Ledger interviews about the Joker would end up there. I mean they always seem to interview these guys on set now for DVDs but there was nothing like that there. Plus there is all of the alternate takes in the trailers I would have liked to see as extras. I'm sure they'll "dig up" something in time for a re-release before Batman 3 though, just like they did with Begins.

If you take out the Gotham Tonight or whatever interviews there, you're pretty much left with nothing. While those were neat, they're just like extended scenes, I really like more insights into the production and characters. I'm glad at least HBO had that nice special, I've got the videos saved off YouTube on my computer.

Back