Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read all 901 pages in this thread you would know that there is nothing to regret :D

Indeed. So glad I didn't pre-order that pencil-necked, long-faced, bug-eyed goofball. He's great from the shoulders down, but the head just ruins it and isn't even in the same ballpark as the DX01 Joker.

Are you :sick in the head??? That was uncalled for DX Batman FTW...

Indeed. So glad I didn't pre-order that pencil-necked, long-faced, bug-eyed goofball. He's great from the shoulders down, but the head just ruins it and isn't even in the same ballpark as the DX01 Joker.

Any comments you have regarding quality control I am right behind you but I don't see that he is pencil necked or bug-eyed at all. There are some really misleading photos. The face is a little too long but I think thats more down to the ears.

I wouldn't go that far. If they fixed every god damned problem with the thing, and had included a Wayne head (and possibly a wider neck) it would be great.

The overall quality is great. But the problems bring it way down.

I wouldn't go that far. If they fixed every god damned problem with the thing, and had included a Wayne head (and possibly a wider neck) it would be great.

:lecture

The neck is the only thing that bugs me about the design from the pics I have seen.

Regarding the DX01: You will not regret it!!! It is easily my favorite figure!

Are you :sick in the head??? That was uncalled for DX Batman FTW...
Any comments you have regarding quality control I am right behind you but I don't see that he is pencil necked or bug-eyed at all. There are some really misleading photos. The face is a little too long but I think thats more down to the ears.

Hopefully Maulfan doesn't mind me using his side-by-side comparison photo with the original release of The Dark Knight. I think the original release had a better headsculpt, apart from the stubby ears. I don't need to point out the silly-skinny neck, as everyone's discussed that. But I also think his eyes are ridiculously large; you should barely be able to see the whites of his eyes, and yet they're almost as big as his mouth! Additionally, the distance from his eyes to his mouth seems too far and his forehead seems too large, but thinking about it some more perhaps both issues would be resolved if his fleshy mouth area was proportionately larger to his head. I don't know. The DX head has always looked bizarre to me, like it's more cartoon than film.

The suit of course is a huge improvement though, there's no denying that.

dxbatman_comparison.jpg

Hopefully Maulfan doesn't mind me using his side-by-side comparison photo with the original release of The Dark Knight. I think the original release had a better headsculpt, apart from the stubby ears. I don't need to point out the silly-skinny neck, as everyone's discussed that. But I also think his eyes are ridiculously large; you should barely be able to see the whites of his eyes, and yet they're almost as big as his mouth! Additionally, the distance from his eyes to his mouth seems too far and his forehead seems too large, but thinking about it some more perhaps both issues would be resolved if his fleshy mouth area was proportionately larger to his head. I don't know. The DX head has always looked bizarre to me, like it's more cartoon than film.

dxbatman_comparison.jpg

there were many instances where bale is squinting i.e the pic you posted.

could the DX sculpt's eyes use a little more squint? sure, but what we got is great. also, looking at the comparison pic, dude, the DX sculpt is more accurate than the V1. for one, it's softer looking like the movie still, as opposed to V1's sharper, harder look.

and yes, the neck is bothersome to some. i do wish it were a bit thicker like in the still. however, if you manage to bring up his chest armor a little higher (therefore shortening the neck), it makes the neck not look that thin.

Well, DX is far superior to the v1 in every way IMO including the head sculpt.

That being said. Yes I do wish the head was a tad wider / rounder and the ears a tad shorter, and the neck a bit thicker.

I will definately be doing a neck mod of some sort at some point

DX Bats = amazing
V1 Bats = poop
Spanbauer = wrong

:)

O.K. that's a little harsh, but...

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Well, DX is far superior to the v1 in every way IMO including the head sculpt.

That being said. Yes I do wish the head was a tad wider / rounder and the ears a tad shorter, and the neck a bit thicker.

I will definately be doing a neck mod of some sort at some point

What about putting the V1 neck on the DX. That's what I plan to do if I can find a V1 neck, and you actually have one you could do it with... of course the V1 would be neckless then.

I sold my v1 long ago, and I think it would be difficult to track one down loose... the mod I'm thinking of is more along the lines of simply shorterning the neck, which would fix the giraffe effect and also make it look a little wider

Sorry, but to me, the V1 TDK Batman is as bad as the V1 TDK Joker. Nothing good about the headsculpt IMO.

Sorry, but to me, the V1 TDK Batman is as bad as the V1 TDK Joker. Nothing good about the headsculpt IMO.

I love the V1 Batman. My first HT. It may not be the most accurate representation of him in the film but it is very good quality, stands up suprisingly well when articulated and looks great. It has a few things the DX doesn't...

What about putting the V1 neck on the DX. That's what I plan to do if I can find a V1 neck, and you actually have one you could do it with... of course the V1 would be neckless then.

I dont have my DX02 yet, but reading the DX02 thread the V1 neck is not compatible to the DX02 head because the Head uses a magnet. But in the same thread someone was able to mod the V1 neck to Fit the DX02 head, so it can be done with so modding.

Anyway sorry about talking about the DX02 figure in the DX01 thread.

Yeah I posted a neck mod a while back using the V1 neck.

Shouldn't this all be discussed in the Batman thread, not Joker's? :lol

Back