1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can choose, get the Diecast versions, you will not be dissapointed.

That is what I was thinking/learning towards as all of my collectibles with the exception of the Hot Toys HB and Toynami Ultimate Voltron are diecast. I love the weighty feel to it, but Budget Stark made good points saying they will spend 99% of the time behind glass (atleast for me) so you can't really tell. Hmmmmmm.

I guess I"m going to pick up the Mark 46, 47 and 2 in die cast ; )

I have plastic and diecast and don't really care one way or the other. I enjoy them both. The DC Mk II may not be an improvement over the first Mk II (depends on who you ask). The proportions are better and it has the Tony Stark sculpt, but Armor Unleashed is still a way cooler figure. The new Mk V is improved in proportions, coloring and proper repulsor hands. Original releases prior to the Mk VII didn't have the angled wrists for repulsors. I have both of the figures in question preordered.
Ryan

I have plastic and diecast and don't really care one way or the other. I enjoy them both. The DC Mk II may not be an improvement over the first Mk II (depends on who you ask). The proportions are better and it has the Tony Stark sculpt, but Armor Unleashed is still a way cooler figure. The new Mk V is improved in proportions, coloring and proper repulsor hands. Original releases prior to the Mk VII didn't have the angled wrists for repulsors. I have both of the figures in question preordered.
Ryan

Ok great to know. I"m thinking since IM getting the 46 and 47 and diecast I might as well get the Mark 2 in dc as well. What makes the armor unleashed better vs the dc reissue?

THank you for your input

The first Mk II was the Tony version from Iron Man. The Tony sculpt was, in a word, horrible. The new sculpt is a vast improvement. The Mk II Armor Unleashed comes with the Rhodey sculpt from Iron Man 2 and has the removable armor and the empty helmet and the table to replicate the suit before being converted into War Machine Mk I. Again, while it may not be the most articulated figure due to it's early design, (actual manufacturing, not film) it is one of the most visually stunning figures made. Look up images for, "mark ii armor unleashed" and tell me I'm wrong. ;)
Ryan

For the Mark II, it really depends on how you're going to display it. The Armor Unleashed is good if you just want MarkII to be laying on a table or some sort of "construction" scene.

If you want a more dynamic posing look, I would go for the DC. It has better proportions so it doesnt look out of scale with the rest of the armors in DC.

Thank you all for your input. I guess I’m going die cast. Has anyone ordered from Ss? How’s the shipping and customs tax?

I might go through bbts if it’s more favorable. I do like the 0% apr on the flex pay.

This is how I have my mk 2 displayed

FB_IMG_1476483641102.jpg

For the Mark II, it really depends on how you're going to display it. The Armor Unleashed is good if you just want MarkII to be laying on a table or some sort of "construction" scene.

If you want a more dynamic posing look, I would go for the DC. It has better proportions so it doesnt look out of scale with the rest of the armors in DC.

The Unleashed also looks great in the gantry

Seeing as this figure didn't come with a dynamic stand, can anyone recommend me a third party figure stand that can hold up a diecast figure?

I was playing around with the HT Dynamic Stand with this guy last night, was able to get the
deployment drone dynamic stand to attach to the top of the standard dynamic pole.

Worked out pretty well, loved this pose. :)

Mark_47_Dynamic.jpg

I posted on the Mark 46 forum as well, but figured it's worth asking on here too since both figures are the same...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what precisely is diecast and plastic on this figure?

I know the removable shoulder panels are diecast and so is the lower portion of the figure, but what else is diecast?

this is only $309 currently @ toyarena.com...pretty good deal if u can avoid CA tax

Back