1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of you nerds can ever be satisfied.

A figure is released late. Wahhhhhh!!!

A figure is released early. Wahhhhhh!!!

A figure is released on time. Wahhhhhh!!!

:slap

I'm pretty sure everyone's wallet is crying if they were in on a select group of SS, HT and Asmus figs that are all shipping one after the other right now

Looking at this Stark head, this might be one of the best IM figures ever done, and, I’ve got to say, between this and the two Spidey figures, this is probably the first Marvel line I’ve ever wanted all the figures from (excluding Power Pose). I’d love to see them do Vulture, but I doubt it.

22045770_10154902376812344_3826425018183851323_n.jpg
21687946_10154901904917344_4028377510809839047_n.jpg
22104394_10154902377122344_3167444825518084064_o.jpg

so cool lol

I dunno what to do. I can't decide between mark 46 and 47. :(

If you guys had to choose, which one would you pick up?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I think I am going with the 46. In my mind it has a better base, better paint job, and oh so slightly cheaper. I do prefer the non-black eye head sculpt of the 47, but other than that I feel the 46 is better for me. It probably doesn't help the 47 in that I have yet to see Spiderman Homecoming.

The silver paint job is growing on me compared to when I first saw it.

Hot toys shoulda dropped a double pack with the PowerPose and civie Tony

I would go with the 46, personally. I have this one on pre-order, but the 46 is the more traditional gold and red associated with Iron Man and I'm typically most happy with those armors that have this color scheme. Civil War was one of Marvel's best films and it's only fitting that one of Stark's best armors is in the film.

The 47 is something I see more along the lines of the Mark 43 - a repaint. Seeing Homecoming made me appreciate the armor more, but the original intention of the design was the red and gold. Just as the original color of the 43 was the mostly gold Mark 42. I kinda feel like Marvel or Joss Whedon made the choice to switch back to the red and gold because that's what most if us expect when we see an Iron Man armor. It seems strange now, but I appreciate the Mark 42 more for original intent of design/color - you can kind of tell when getting the 43 (even though it's cool), something feels off.

Repaints can be better sometimes, but in this case, I would say the 46 is the better choice.

While I'm all for red and gold, original design concept and color often win at the end of the day for me. But it can get complicated as the Mark II was the original design and Mark III is the traditional red and gold. I prefer the Mark III, in that case. :)

Hi , I have the MK 46 and when I first saw the MK 47 I thought easy pass , but then I saw it in person and I loved the colour and the open Helmet,Head sculpt (one of the things that make the MK 2 Armour unleashed so amazing) . So now I am also thinking I might want to get this set .

When comparing the MK 46/47 this is how I think about it and compare them and these are my opinions and reasons .

Paint

The MK 46 is the traditional colour , has battle damage and looks really cool , MK 47 has a unique colour , the silver is really nice and battle damage.

Winner : MK 46

Stand

The MK 46 stand looks more interesting than the MK 47 , but it can be tricky to get a good pose on the MK 46 stand.The MK 47 stand is very boaring and in my opinion did not work to well with War machine MK3 so I am sure it would be the same with the MK 47.

Winner : MK 46

Head sculpt and options

This is a easy one , the MK 46 and MK 47 have what looks to be the same sculpt but the MK 47 is a clean sculpt no damage to Tonys face, I like this more and if you consider the open helmet the MK 47 wins cause you have more options , Helmet face with face plate, Helmet face with out face plate and head sculpt .

Winner : MK 47

Accessories

So there are a lot of similar accessories so I will just cover the differences , the MK 46 comes with an iron girder , this can me though of as part of the base or a separate accessory ether way to me its mostly useless and don't remember it in the film at all. The MK 46 also comes with the Captain america mask , this is a nice part and you can use it in some cool posses, but you might already have this if you bought the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON CAPTAIN AMERICA so its not unique. Now looking at the MK 47 you get some unique parts , the little rocket/ thruster thing is really nice and you can make some nice action poses with it( you could even make a diorama with the ship or part of the ship . The MK 47 also comes with glasses for tony stark and they might not seem so cool but some people that kit bash Tony stark figures will love this , you see him wearing glasses in a few movies so its a cool idea . MK 46 did come with a battle damaged chest plate and MK 47 does not but then he did not fight in the move so this is fine for me I would never want to display the MK 47 damaged , if you did want to you could just use the MK 46 part or buy the MK 47 part some place and do it your self

Winner : MK 47

Your Display

So one thing people often don't think about is your display some times some having one figure can really make your display , an example of this would be if you had a display with all your iron man figures having the mk 42,46 on the left side and then the 43,47 on the right might look amazing as it would create a frame for your display with all the other figures in between. This is just an example but I have seen a few collectors do stuff like this and it looks really cool .

The point is when you are stuck trying to decide where to spend you money and what figure is the best try consider all aspects and most importantly what you want and how you feel its your money and your display and you need to be happy with it ( side note I will me spending decent amount of money making 2 diorama's for my display cause i need supply and tools my friends think I am crazzy as i could spend the money on another figure, but I alwasy wanted a Hot toys Iron man diorama).

Conclusion

Do what makes you happy

So those are my thoughts as you can see its 50/50 its mostly about what you like . I just hope I have given you some points to consider.

I have the 46 and I'm gonna spring for this one too. I like the paint variant, the hollow head and the mini-repulsor thing. The shades aren't accurate to being in the armor, but it looks cool and Tony-ish

This still looks cool but doesn't make sense to get when my only other Iron Man is the 46. If they'd shaken up the design to be closer to the Ultimates build rather than just the paint scheme, I'd be all over it, since I love the particularly heavy comic-inspired looks. If they make a Superior suit for him in Avengers 3 or 4, I will die happy.

Great review Xenomorph. The MK47 is looking amazing and as an owner of the diecast MK46, I would of never thought I would be this tempted to get the 47.. Think I’m going to cave and pick this up..

Out of curiosity, for anyone who already owns the MK47, did you have any problems with the shoulder armor magnets coming off or being loose in the box like the MK46 was plagued with?

For the 1st time since the first HT Iron Man release ( I think it was the original Mark III ), 56 armors, I am not going to PO this, or buy it through SS. I want it and plan to get it. But I'm going to take a chance, since I don't think its a huge stretch, and get this a few months after release. Hoping to get for a good bit less than retail. Like 3/4 of the diecast figures sell for now.

Back