1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see a 46 reissue coming simply because they're busting out the molds and assembly lines for the 47 which is structurally the same. It would be logical that now is the time to do it.

I hope all of these people complaining about scalping never sell their house or stocks for a penny more than they originally paid for it.

Compares the responsibility of owning a home to the luxury of buying expensive toys

giphy.gif

Happy for those that missed out the first time. Personally not a fan of the colorway so Ill pass.. again :lol

He's not comparing responsibility to privilege.
He's comparing price appreciation.

Reading comprehension is king...

Oh I read just fine. Just comparing something that’s a life necessity with something that is not is both ridiculous and laughable.

Buying toys as an investment and being compared to stocks or real estate is beyond stupid.

If you make money from selling then that’s fine, but it shouldn’t be an expectation. These are toys.

If people preorder these with the intent of reselling, we should be thanking them for increasing availability since production numbers are mostly based on number of preorders. These were on preorder for over a year. It's not as if they were buying up stuff leaving no availability for people who actually wanted it. Everyone had a chance to preorder. Not too many people were ordering. After it sold out people got FOMO and started bidding and driving prices up on ebay. The buyers were setting the prices, not the seller. And if people weren't reselling on ebay,then Hot Toys probably never sees the high demand and this never gets reissued. Leaving much fewer pieces available and no one really reselling and nothing available for people to buy.

Did someone seriously compare buying/selling hot toys figures to home equity? :rotfl

No matter how you defend it, that comparison is ridiculous and a terrible way to justify being salty over your toy not being worth as much.

Although I have a decent 1/6 collection I wouldn't call myself a hardcore collector so I won't go into the politics of whether this reissue is or isn't good for the community. I'm just happy I was given a chance to add this to my collection as i couldn't afford him the first time around and I think he'll go great along side the movie promo Spidey that came out a few months ago. I'll leave the debating to those more learned and deeper into the hobby than I.

I could see a 46 reissue coming simply because they're busting out the molds and assembly lines for the 47 which is structurally the same. It would be logical that now is the time to do it.
Bitches about people buying a 12 month pre-order and then tries to shame them by calling them a scalper, flipper, etc. when the item shot up in price.

giphy.gif

Funniest thing I read on FB was someone saying other collectors deserve it at cost.

Did someone seriously compare buying/selling hot toys figures to home equity? :rotfl

No matter how you defend it, that comparison is ridiculous and a terrible way to justify being salty over your toy not being worth as much.

I do not own it. I passed on it like everyone else at the time. I regret not buying 10 of them and selling them about a week ago though. May pick it up this time...haven?t decided.

The virtue signaling/jealousy is annoying. Buy it or don?t buy it. Sell it or keep it. Why do people care? Where is the altruism from the anti scalping squad? I find it funny that action figure profiting is their morality line. They?ll sell their home for a profit, buy stocks to make money, buy gold to appreciate in value, go see art in museums worth millions...but how dare someone sell an action figure for profit that was up for unlimited pre-order for a year. How dare they!

Some of you crying scalper and saying. You don?t care if your toy is worth anything or not really needs to take look at the term ?collectible?

Scarcity doesn?t always create value but when you flood the collectibles market with whatever people are freaking over about at the time, those same people will quickly loose interest. It also shouldn?t be only looked at as an investment but it is and should be part of it and maybe not every single piece that gets released needs to be limited but there should be quite a few that should have that scarcity

Because if it?s not WORTH collecting, then it?s not a collectible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you crying scalper and saying. You don?t care if your toy is worth anything or not really needs to take look at the term ?collectible?

Scarcity doesn?t always create value but when you flood the collectibles market with whatever people are freaking over about at the time, those same people will quickly loose interest. It also shouldn?t be only looked at as an investment but it is and should be part of it and maybe not every single piece that gets released needs to be limited but there should be quite a few that should have that scarcity

Because if it?s not WORTH collecting, then it?s not a collectible.

Collectible means just that, something you collect. If you keep beer bottle caps, it becomes a collection of beer bottle caps. The word collectible does not mean rare item.

Collectible means just that, something you collect. If you keep beer bottle caps, it becomes a collection of beer bottle caps. The word collectible does not mean rare item.

That is correct. I guess by their logic, the Mandarin should be worth thousands instead of a hundred bucks.

ANYWAY.....

I'm still excited to get this figure because I missed it the first time with other figures I was collecting.

Like someone else said, it?s not really scalping when everyone has an opportunity to preorder the same figure. I also collect NASCAR Diecast cars and it?s the same thing, everyone can preorder and have it locked in. If it sells out and then the demand goes up for whatever reason and someone has to pay more, that is on them. At that point, if people are willing to pay double (or more) for something, then we can?t really blame the seller for selling at that price can we?

Now, if someone goes to Walmart and buys all of a mass produced Marvel Legends or Star Wars figure and flips it for double the price, that is definitely scalping.

With this figure, I didn?t the chrome looked that good until I saw in hand pictures. At that point it was too late and that?s on me. I?m definitely not complaining about the reissue, but I also can?t be mad if someone was selling the original for a high price.

What other figures have gotten a reissue like this (exactly same figure/box - nothing changed)? There is the mark 43 but that was due to the new Hulkbuster...

IW thor and Iron Man mark 50 could be considered re-issues since they extended production on both after the initial run sold out... I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Back