1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if it is true I'm on board for it. With no other MCU movies with IM in it(their number 1 seller) I guess they're going to have to reissue past in demand IM figures to make their money. I would if I was them

Well if it is true I'm on board for it. With no other MCU movies with IM in it(their number 1 seller) I guess they're going to have to reissue past in demand IM figures.

There's still a few IM3 suits left they haven't done. Only two, but that's still something. Especially since one of the two has two different paint concepts so that's an easy repaint.

It's from Toys Wonderland in HK. They also have this pic on their Instagram and website. I understand it's a resale price for something they already have in hand.

I'm not saying it will or won't be reissued, nor am I say Toys Wonderland isn't reputable. But I've checked and they never actually answer when people post the question IS THIS A CONFIRMED REISSUE? And I think they are asking for full payment up front.
3820386b1d923c1f82c76503af073c62.jpg

I don't think is a official HT reissue...more like they got some in stock from someone who held onto a few these and wanted to offload to a more reputable seller...

Someone earlier said the confusion with the Mark 47 MIGHT be because HT is going to release a 1/4 scale to go with the 1/4 spider-man which actually makes more sense than rereleasing the 1/6 MK47.

Oh damn... so Toys Wonderland is basing it off rumors and not just selling old stock. Still very unconfirmed but that helps, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all the rumors go back to that one shop saying they’d have it available for pre-order with the other newly announced figures.

It’s all been speculation, rumors, and a Photoshopped plaque that got a lot of people’s hopes up.

There’s really nothing that’s concrete, but I believe there are strong reasons for them to do a reissue.

They know there’s demand. It’s like leaving money on the table.

The Mk 46 figure itself is still in production in concept form.

Iron Man sells. Spider-Man sells.

It’ll pair with the Homemade Suit reissue.

They can charge more for it and know it’ll still sell because it’s significantly cheaper than market price.

I personally think they’re just waiting to sell out of the 46 concept.

Iron Man has been their bread and butter for a long time now. Though there’ll be a focus on Spider-Man, I don’t think they’re going to retire their cash cow just yet.

I"m not sure. It does seem fishy. When they rerelease something isn't it at the original MSRP? I may be wrong here, but I can't see them jacking up the price on the reissue almost $150. Don't get me wrong I"m all for a reissue so the collectors can have this great piece at a reasonable price.
It's not from Hot Toys, it's from a guy in Hong Kong who resells Hot Toys.

Why is this version of Iron Man sooo expensive? Saw one on Ebay being sold for $2500....geezzzz. Just curious..is it diecast? limited release...?

Thanks, JESM.

Why is this version of Iron Man sooo expensive? Saw one on Ebay being sold for $2500....geezzzz. Just curious..is it diecast? limited release...?

Thanks, JESM.

At the time of pre-order not too many people were excited over this figure, with many deeming it a repaint of the Mark 46. What I think happened is that the figure was produced in smaller numbers than usual for an Iron Man figure. Once the figure was released and sold out, it began going up in price on the aftermarket. Possibly due to it being a bit more difficult to find, likely everyone who wanted the figure for sure already bought it. It is a diecast figure, at least the legs are. But the price is only due to demand for the figure and some people have been willing to pay more and more for this one.

At the time of pre-order not too many people were excited over this figure, with many deeming it a repaint of the Mark 46. What I think happened is that the figure was produced in smaller numbers than usual for an Iron Man figure. Once the figure was released and sold out, it began going up in price on the aftermarket. Possibly due to it being a bit more difficult to find, likely everyone who wanted the figure for sure already bought it. It is a diecast figure, at least the legs are. But the price is only due to demand for the figure and some people have been willing to pay more and more for this one.

Cool...thanks for the info! really amazing how much people are willing to pay for a figure. Some people dont understand the amount of money that 2500 dollars is.... I think this is the highest price of a Hot toys figure I have ever seen.

Great explanation. I sold mines for $1,750 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think all the rumors go back to that one shop saying they’d have it available for pre-order with the other newly announced figures.

It’s all been speculation, rumors, and a Photoshopped plaque that got a lot of people’s hopes up.

There’s really nothing that’s concrete, but I believe there are strong reasons for them to do a reissue.

They know there’s demand. It’s like leaving money on the table.

The Mk 46 figure itself is still in production in concept form.

Iron Man sells. Spider-Man sells.

It’ll pair with the Homemade Suit reissue.

They can charge more for it and know it’ll still sell because it’s significantly cheaper than market price.

I personally think they’re just waiting to sell out of the 46 concept.

Iron Man has been their bread and butter for a long time now. Though there’ll be a focus on Spider-Man, I don’t think they’re going to retire their cash cow just yet.

There wasn't anything confirming a Homemade Suit re-issue, I think they just had it displayed at SDCC to show all the suits.

Thanks, JESM.

Wow, $2,500!

Glad I own it, even though I was in the original camp of haters saying this was a lazy repaint. :lol
Feeling even more grateful that I was able to snag it on sale, brand-new with free shipping for only 300 bones! What a steal it was back in the day! :clap

Back