1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it. To be brutally honest here, I love it even better than my Diecast mark 46.
I only have two Ironman right now, and if I have a choice of only keeping one, I'd keep the Powerpose Mark 47.

It fixed a lot of issues I have with the Mark 46.
Most of the time, I find a great pose and leave my figures alone.
The skinny waist eventually kept bothering me that I'm always posing the Mark 46.
Although the diecast 46 is extremely posable, for me personally, its kinda limited cause when you do have him in an extreme pose,
he looks like a robot cause of the joints design. Specially around the shoulder and thigh area.

The power pose is sculpted so it looks much like the movie design.
because the waist has more bulk, the PP does look more like a person can fit in it.
Yes, the biggest drawback is that its almost a statue, with very limited posing.

But fortunately for me, I love the pose. In fact, many times, I tried to pose my 46 like it. but the PP 47 looks even better.
A big big plus of the 47 PP also, is that Hot Toys spared no expense on the paintjob.
In fact, it looks more like its made of metal than my diecast mark 46.
What's funny is I've actually done a test on a couple of people and told them that one of these Ironman is plastic and one is diecast. Everytime, they pointed the PP as the metal. lol

It is very light though, so when you first pick it up, may seem underwhelm by the weight, but once you have him in display,
it looks awesome!

Oh and another big plus, is 3 batteries in the back and it lights up all the LEDs. :yess:
I never even bothered to put the batteries on my 46 after seeing how its a pain in the ass on youtube video reviews.

I'm working late today, but I'll try to take a more pictures of mine tonight, and will try to post the pics tomorrow.
Here's my only pic of mine at the moment.

RfldHSS.jpg

Thanks for the info Remy. I'm not normally a PP guy but do I like the look of this one and with the DC version being incredibly limited and expensive, this appears to be a decent alternative. Paint app looks really nicely done.

I agree with the sentiment on the power pose. PP could be so much more if HT would go back to the MK42 and allow you to interchange the leg so it would be able to display in a repulsor stance. This armor has a very beefy look and the seamless hips make it look really cool in a hover stance since there are no gaps to pose leg articulation. LEDs are very nice and bright lit up and the paint is indeed beautiful on this 47 as well.

Sorry for the terrible snapshots — I was losing light and probably spent a couple hours without thinking to really document it.

Performed microsurgery on a “damaged” Mark 47’s elbow today.

The elbow piece that covers the joint by “flexing” with it just hung there. Thought it might be a loose friction joint or broken, but examined the other side and deduced this was spring loaded.

Thought I saw a glint of metal. Said “Hell with it” ...

Unscrewed everything, GENTLY pried through the not insignificant glue, avoiding the wiring the whole time.

Found a pivot joint, 2 tiny posts and a hair thin spring.

Could’ve been 2, maybe 3 hours but managed to seat the spring behind its 2mm tall post while sliding the pivot on to it while under tension and simultaneously on to the other post it hinges on.

Got everything back together and it’s like new.

1. Never want to do that again.

2. Who knew learning to be a goldsmith would translate to 1/6 Iron Man repair.

3. I never, ever want to do that again.

2f787199f8096869a7a1cdee0e773fa0.jpg

6d6429e0ff75b03d5386091e9c2f3cd9.jpg

6f0a926a19c0adbb293bd2f940e10b35.jpg

a267d137a618df2b6dc1f9b7dc059f57.jpg

c2ae960f932eee8d0fdab82b04db5c08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have the power pose "cheap" version? Interested to hear in-hand opinions of it.

I thought having the MMS was enough until i saw the PPS in person. I was compelled to get it, and I now own both the PPS 46 and 47. No regrets. Hope that gives some context.

Like wine and cheese.

b78440f2e195edddaba3e4abc6245961.jpg

Not sure what the in-universe reason for the colour scheme was about, but from an art direction standpoint, it made sense to differentiate from all of Spidey’s red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, to collectors that owning both Mark 5 diecast and Mark 47, Can anyone review the silver paint for these both figure. Are these two figures having the same type of silver colour and shinning level ? Appreciate someone can review.

Hi, to collectors that owning both Mark 5 diecast and Mark 47, Can anyone review the silver paint for these both figure. Are these two figures having the same type of silver colour and shinning level ? Appreciate someone can review.

47 is more a gunmetal shiny the 5 is chromier

Alright so this'll be here by Monday and I've gotta' say everyone's pics have got me so pumped up for it that it isn't even funny. This is going to be great.

Alright so this'll be here by Monday and I've gotta' say everyone's pics have got me so pumped up for it that it isn't even funny. This is going to be great.

You have been on an Iron Man/War Machine tear lately. Love the pics you take. I need to learn to take pictures like that.

Was that an actual cut scene from the film, or just something made for the trailer? I don't recall if I ever heard.

I’d imagine trailer fodder. But it could have easily been the scene that ended the movie. “If you can’t be an Avenger yet, I’ll still give you some street cred” type of thing.

Back