1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Realizing now it actually does say"pose" in English at the bottom right...

Yeah...I think they're bringing back the old "Power pose" line they did a while back. I'm sure an actual figure is inevitable though. Hot Toys can't resist doing all the Iron Man's.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Looks like a repainted 46 power pose

Good move on HT's part, I'm sure they can turn Spidey round pretty quick and they can have an Iron Man out in time for the film.

And it makes sense for them to release the Power Pose 46 as a repaint as well as the MMS in DC. That silver/metal section will look pretty and shiny. :rotfl

This whole repaint equals to new suit idea is very boring, but I guess we have to blame the very first Iron Man movie for that when they introduced Mark II and III with only largely a color change. Then sort of did it again in IM2 with IV and VI with a different chest piece, but basically the same suit. It festered in IM3 with the HPP armors and then in AOU they did it again with XLII and XLIII. Now they have to be lazy again and give us the repainted XLVI as XLVII...Boring!

This whole repaint equals to new suit idea is very boring, but I guess we have to blame the very first Iron Man movie for that when they introduced Mark II and III with only largely a color change. Then it festered in IM3 with the HPP armors and then in AOU they did it again with XLII and XLIII. Now they have to be lazy again and give us the repainted XLVI as XLVII...Boring!

Indeed. Also considering that the (arguably) best looking suit he's had (XLV) was only used for 1/4 of 1 movie.

Indeed. Also considering that the (arguably) best looking suit he's had (XLV) was only used for 1/4 of 1 movie.

We also have to thank the IM2 and first Avengers movie for that as those 2 clearly established the idea that IM has to have a new suit for final battle for whatever reason (selling more toys appears to be the main reason).

I wonder if Hulkbuster will get a repaint haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How is the power pose line an "old" line? I thought the Mark 46 PP just came out in Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thread

Hmmm maybe I'll settle for the PP of the 47 ... ha

Save the big money for Infinity War armors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also have to thank the IM2 and first Avengers movie for that as those 2 clearly established the idea that IM has to have a new suit for final battle for whatever reason (selling more toys appears to be the main reason).

Yeah, I know... But I would have been 110% ok if he had used XLV through all of Civil War. I guess since it's my favorite i'm just a bit bitter that the 46 design got more love because of all the pretty lights. :lol

looks like we're getting a diecast ver as well
fo23101.jpg

Omg. So it's really a new armor...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My suspicion is that the die cast will be an exclusive! Maybe like a movie exclusive. That's if HT is being a jerk, which it has been before. I really don't see it as a general release. Not interested in XLVI, not interested in this XLVII either. Not sure what new grounds they can break with IW either...

Omg. So it's really a new armor...

Depends on your definition of 'new', but yeah mk47 makes sense.

Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thread

It's not surprising they would roll out a repaint for what will probably just be a cameo in a Spidey movie ... curious to see what's in store for Infinity War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the Power Pose with different hands, not a die cast version unless there's something in the text that says die cast.

This whole repaint equals to new suit idea is very boring, but I guess we have to blame the very first Iron Man movie for that when they introduced Mark II and III with only largely a color change. Then sort of did it again in IM2 with IV and VI with a different chest piece, but basically the same suit. It festered in IM3 with the HPP armors and then in AOU they did it again with XLII and XLIII. Now they have to be lazy again and give us the repainted XLVI as XLVII...Boring!

This is going to be in the movie for 5 minutes, give it a rest. If you can find one or several armors you like in the 46 canon variants there already are, then one more isn't going to help you. Reality of design and costs in movies is a factor, they cannot commit resources to designing and rendering assets that will barely (or in most of the HPP), never appear on screen. This isn't even an iron man movie.

And yes everyone, it's the Mark 47. Eat your crow.

Honestly feels like Marvel Studios has some agreement with the toy companies to re-use these Iron Man designs. Same molds, only a repaint needed

But I'm very curious what the purpose of the new paint job is for.. how does it all fit into the story? Will Tony eventually have an all silver suit like Superior Iron Man for Infinity War? It sort of feels like a step-backwards though, considering he already graduated from an all silver suit in the first Iron Man movie :dunno

Back