1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a die-cast shield from this set, it will easily go for close to $100 once these come out. We know this edition size is smaller than normal, so there will be fewer available. If you can get one for $60 I would pounce on it. We are looking out to Avengers 2 cap before a regular release shield could be in die-cast and even that version is yet to be a certainty for a metal shield.

These plastic crap ones are going for $60-$75 bucks from what I see at most part out places and on e-bay final auctions. Die-cast will be significantly more expensive.

The plastic Avengers version goes for around $90 on ebay. I would expect the diecast to go for, at least, $120. Maybe more like $150, until the next inevitable Cap release.

The plastic Avengers version goes for around $90 on ebay. I would expect the diecast to go for, at least, $120. Maybe more like $150, until the next inevitable Cap release.

The TFA and Avengers version shields used to be dirt cheap when first released and parted out. Went for about $30plus USD. Now of course their prices increase once the figure sells out and parts are hard to come by. Hence the new diecast shield could be slightly cheaper than $90 once released and then shoots up later.

One big difference here though, is the extremely limited stock of this figure (relatively speaking) versus the mass release of Avengers Cap. There were probably 10,000+ Avengers Caps released, and probably a fraction of that here. Price is dictated by supply and demand. More folks now want Cap shields, and supply isn't going to go up significantly--seeing a rarer figure parted out isn't very common to begin with. The new stock here should be more desirable than the older shields, due to the die cast. But we'll see.

One big difference here though, is the extremely limited stock of this figure (relatively speaking) versus the mass release of Avengers Cap. There were probably 10,000+ Avengers Caps released, and probably a fraction of that here. Price is dictated by supply and demand. More folks now want Cap shields, and supply isn't going to go up significantly--seeing a rarer figure parted out isn't very common to begin with. The new stock here should be more desirable than the older shields, due to the die cast. But we'll see.

True that but i'm just thinking it's crazy to want to buy that shield for that price. Sometimes patience has its virtue in this hobby. I think if it is really very limited there might be almost none parted out, at most a few stores but for a very high price. You're better off waiting for the AoU shield if it's even close to $100.

Patience is not something you see a lot of in this hobby, for sure. I'm with you, but if you really want to pose a Cap figure with the traditional shield, your options are pretty limited at this point. Maybe someone could offer a service of painting the Rogers shield up somehow, though getting the right kind of paint to adhere to the shield could be challenging.

Well, I had to make some hard choices with upcoming product and I had to cancel my preorder. This and Harlock are coming out at the same time and I won't have the money to cover both so I had to pick a Captain. I still want the diecast shield so I'll probably get fleeced trying to pick one up on ebay but I'm hoping I can still get it for much less than the cost of the whole figure. Hot Toys should just sell the regular shield separate and pick up some extra money that the scalpers are going to grab.

I'm still skeptical bout a metal shield.....it may weaken the joints.

I think if they can get the weight right than it will be fine but they should definitely tighten the joints up so that you can pose it and hold the shield up.

I would not sell the shield from this figure when I get it. If people want a normal shield for their STRIKE figures, why not just repaint the battle damaged one? It's not like it's ever that battle damaged in the film, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

I would not sell the shield from this figure when I get it. If people want a normal shield for their STRIKE figures, why not just repaint the battle damaged one? It's not like it's ever that battle damaged in the film, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

I find it odd that the civilian figure of Steve Rogers has a heavily distressed shield. It was only used for the promo posters and never seen in the film. I find it odd that they decided to use that shield. Makes me wonder if HT's does this stuff intentionally. It's good news for the GA figure as it makes it that much more unique and desirable. Still, it's probably going to be moot once AoU releases...

...unless ofc that ends up being an all new shield.

Though after watching video from the set of AoU, you can clearly see the shield is reflective silver. There is some talk in that forum that the shield is going to be more like the comic accurate version and be the traditional red, white and blue.

Still think $100+ is nuts to pay for a die-cast shield. Makes me want to sell my extra Avengers shield for some extra $, but I'm **** about having complete figures in case I ever wanted to sell them again.

Here's the explanation of the "Golden Age" suit from the source in the Art Book

OJAnoM0.jpg

EuC8CjS.jpg

Agreed. That is one sharp looking Cap uniform. Actually it looks pretty close to what we'll see in AoU. Kind of a mashup of GA and Avengers 1.

Gah!

That last photo is exactly what I wish Cap looked like in Avengers. His suit looked like pajama cloth and not what you would expect from a military field uniform. This concept shows a tough military uniform combined with chest armor. That is how I have always invisioned Cap.

As for the GA suit...the more I see it, the more I love it. I so need this figure. C'mon waitlist conversion!

Back