1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still skeptical bout a metal shield.....it may weaken the joints.

I think if they can get the weight right than it will be fine but they should definitely tighten the joints up so that you can pose it and hold the shield up.

I had my Avengers Thor holding Mjolnir for quite a while, no problems. I'm sure the shield will be same weight or even lighter. True the shield is bigger, but it isn't thick like Mjolnir.

iQ2oUmI.jpg

God damn it! :gah: Why couldn't his Age of Ultron suit look more like this. Make the gloves and boots red and it would have been almost perfect.

God damn it! :gah: Why couldn't his Age of Ultron suit look more like this. Make the gloves and boots red and it would have been almost perfect.

QFT. Seeing those pictures makes me realize they really blew a great opportunity with AoU. And I agree 100% with making the boots & gloves red.

I had my Avengers Thor holding Mjolnir for quite a while, no problems. I'm sure the shield will be same weight or even lighter. True the shield is bigger, but it isn't thick like Mjolnir.

Same here, I have not had any issues with Thor holding his hammer up. I can't see the weight being a problem with the shield.

Honestly, I like seeing concept art. I also realize this is for The Winter Soldier and Whedon obviously has a different idea of what Cap should look like for Age of Ultron. But, I don't like the suit they have him in. Quite frankly, from the set pictures I have seen, the AoU suit looks like ****. Seeing these images just kind of makes me wish Feige had vetoed Whedon on it. Cap looked awesome in both of his solo moves, but Whedon just can't seem to get him looking good at all. The worst thing about The Avengers was Cap's costume and in AoU, it actually seems to be worse. Really disappointing.

Exactly. Why show the old sculpt? Makes no sense.

They might be working on a new version of the sculpt. That makes sense. They release the proto images of the Golden Age Cap with a face sculpt that looks more like Pitt and less like Evans then, two weeks later, show pics of a STRIKE suit cap that is soo much like Evans it could be a still from the film.
I reckon we will be getting a "knocking out of the park" head for this one too.
In the meantime(While they are working on that), we get the old head for a few shows.

They might be working on a new version of the sculpt. That makes sense. They release the proto images of the Golden Age Cap with a face sculpt that looks more like Pitt and less like Evans then, two weeks later, show pics of a STRIKE suit cap that is soo much like Evans it could be a still from the film.
I reckon we will be getting a "knocking out of the park" head for this one too.
In the meantime(While they are working on that), we get the old head for a few shows.

Makes sense. I can buy that.

Be nice if the sculpt were tweaked, but I would be surprised if they did too much in the way of alterations, considering that this is a lower run exclusive figure. No strong incentive to make changes to increase sales.

I would love it if they just did what they did with the Star Spangled version, and tried to replicate the head from the stealth suit version into this mask. To me, it is a vastly superior Evans likeness to the prototype here. The First Avenger version isn't much better or worse than this one IMO.

Back