Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Hate to say it, but Cameron opened that gate with T2's "no fate but what we make" idea, and the blowing up fo Cyberdyne, which, if you've seen the alternate ending, leads to a very old Sarah sitting on a park bench watching John play with her grandkids in the park.

T3 had to rewrite the future just to restart the franchise since August 29th, 1997 was already 7 years ago at the time.

True, but thats what kind of makes terminator salvation's idea cool! "This isnt the future my mother warned me about."-JOHN CONNOR

Hate to say it, but Cameron opened that gate with T2's "no fate but what we make" idea, and the blowing up fo Cyberdyne, which, if you've seen the alternate ending, leads to a very old Sarah sitting on a park bench watching John play with her grandkids in the park.

T3 had to rewrite the future just to restart the franchise since August 29th, 1997 was already 7 years ago at the time.

Cameron set up that Judgement day is stopped and forced any sequel to have to come up with some alternate, fine, but again, it doesn't mean that the actual look and events have to be totally different, but because T3 was made and started and alternate timeline for events, I fear that new filmmakers feel the future doesn't have to look like Cameron's. That's what bothers me, not that it starts a decade later or whatever, but that we may never see a movie take place looking like the T1/T2 future war, I want to see that on film, and just because the new war starts later doesn't mean it can't, but now these guys feel like they can reinvent the wheel and not have to make Cameron's future because T3's timeline gives them that freedom.

Maulfan, have you read my lengthy posts in the 'Aliens Predator Terminator ask Anything' thread?

I went off on just this exact thing. Read up on it. You might like what I came up with. It's in the last couple pages.

Yes, everything can be different if the timeline was shifted, but I came up with a way for both the new TS future and all its machines to look how they do without disregarding anything that Cameron's future was supposed to be. Alternating timelines.

Well I don't care so much about new machines and that sort of thing. I just hope that eventually, we see the world like Cameron did it, black, ruins, all out battle.

The few glimpses Cameron gave us of the future war depicted it like it was a constant, all out battle, no time for rest, but in T:S, there was down time and things, people could relax and breath a bit. I'm ok with T:S being this way, I just hope it's part of an evolution into a future like Cameron's and not the start of something totally different. To me, it makes the war more scary if it's an all out fight for your life and no time to plot, scheme, make plans, test weapons, just shoot or be shot. Even T3's future war depicted this, though it was a bit visually different from Cameron's, the overall depiction was the same.

Even T3's future war depicted this, though it was a bit visually different from Cameron's, the overall depiction was the same.

The funny thing about T3 was that all those machines were shooting at nothing! It showed about a thousand t-800s, but not a single human!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lZFc5Mmb_qk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lZFc5Mmb_qk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You mean this one?

Thats the one fella , nice job .:banana

Well I don't care so much about new machines and that sort of thing. I just hope that eventually, we see the world like Cameron did it, black, ruins, all out battle.

In T1, there was down time. That's when Kyle was looking at Sarah's photo. Sure it was interrupted by Franco, but it would have been down time.

In T2, I think that depicts the final days of the war. The Resistance is already at Skynet's front door. Infiltrators are of no use anymore. It's all about battlefield combat to hold the line of scrimmage at that point. Making cyborgs is pointless now, so Skynet is just launching Endos into the field as soldiers to pick off the Resistance soldiers that are evading the HKs.

Kyle said, "The Terminator is an infiltration unit." Making bipedal robots is extremely inefficient for warfare, but at this point, it's all or nothing for Skynet.

In T1, there was down time. That's when Kyle was looking at Sarah's photo. Sure it was interrupted by Franco, but it would have been down time.

Yeah, but that was down time for like a shift rotation. one squad in another out.

I just thought T:S seemed very barren and calm. There were machines out snagging and killing people, but there was no big assault on the resistance, everything was calm and collected at the base while interrogating marcus and all, hangars full of planes.

Like I said, it's fine if that's an interpretation of how the war starts, I just hope we eventually get Cameron's future.

Well, if you have connections in Hollywood, I am currently writing the future war that you and I want to see. In fact, I have at least two or three movies together starting with Cyberdyne finding the Endo, T2 events not happening, the war starting in 1997, John saving a bunch of people (including Kyle) from a disposal camp in 2018ish, Kyle joining the fight, some as yet unwritten awesomeness, and the final take down of Skynet, the discovery of the time displacement equipment, sending Kyle to '84, the discovery of a second site, and evidence of prior timeline events (T2,T3, & TS: it's complicated) and an opening to what comes after the fall of Skynet.

What I have is amazing, and we will get the John Connor that Kyle is willing to die for. Cause, so far, John is a bizitch who can't do a damn thing without a friggni' cyborg helping him the whole way. F that. And the whole time travel thing was a means to an end. It should never have been a plot point in every movie (except TS).

Terminator 2: Original Timeline: Skynet Online
Terminator 3: Original Timeline: the War Against the Machines
Terminator 4: Original Timeline: 2029

Last edited:

I haven't worked it out yet, but I'm leaning toward Skynet devising something new, or upgrading something old, and for the first time having sent it forward in time as a last F you to John. That way, when the franchise is totally kick ass again because of my scripts, the license owners can do whatever lame crap they want to make more money off it again.

I haven't worked it out yet, but I'm leaning toward Skynet devising something new, or upgrading something old, and for the first time having sent it forward in time as a last F you to John. That way, when the franchise is totally kick ass again because of my scripts, the license owners can do whatever lame crap they want to make more money off it again.

I once wrote a short story called Terminator: RetroVengeance Wherein it was a mashup of different franchises Terminator Vs. Predator Vs. Richard B. Riddick. I thought it was pretty bad ass. Riddick somehow got captured by a Predator and was kept on one of their ships and taken for a Hunt. Little did they know what had occurred since their last visit to earth, SKYNET had taken over 80% of the planet. Many fights ensue, and John Connor of course (this was written long before Bale's Connor) I lost the story a while ago and cant seem to find it :( I think it was lost forever in an HDD Crash. Dem's da Breaks.

Edit, I found the "Movie Poster" I made for it :p

16.jpg

Last edited:

Where are those John Connor pictures?!? :D

Anyway....my two cents here....

I also do not want to see McG take the next one "back to the past" again...the whole "time travel" thing should be nothing more than a McGuffin in the next story...something Connor and the resistance fighters find out about and want to "get" (the tech, that is) to use to their own ends. The next movie could focus on that and end ESB-like with the original T-800(Arnold model) going back in time, Connor and Reese's team breaking into the facility, Connor sending Reese back and then the team destroying the facility.

The "final" movie of this set would be that all-out "future war" we've only seen glimpses of...armies of shiny T-800s and swarms of chromed-out HK's blasting everything in sight...the drama within the resistance could be it splintering over Connor's real motives in sending Reese back being revealed and many not being happy about that, along with the tension of them not knowing if Reese's mission was even successful...and a grand finale of Connor having to sacrifice himself for humanity...a lesson learned from his experience with Marcus ...and a fitting parallel to his "JC" namesake...

I'm rambling to be sure, but I was surprised with how much of T:S I liked and how McG introduced some interesting ideas to the whole "Terminator" saga...I just want to see him continue on that path with it, not end up just repeating the "time travel-chase/run from bad Terminator" thing that's already been done to death in this series...

Anyhow...where are those "John Connor" pictures?:D

Last edited:

Its out in China right? Or are the few pics we have seen, the originals that got the new head sent to them?

Some online China or HK based shops have theirs already and some are expecting the shipments from HK to arrive very soon (like my seller).

I'm really antsy to get mine.

I don't like the time-travel idea neither.
It's the future now..... stick to it.

As for the Connor pix. I've been really busy because my woman has "medical stuff" going on, and they have me in waiting rooms reading old magazines for hours on end. I'll try to snap a few pix and squeeze time somewhere. Sorry about the delay.

Back