Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me you didnt give someone money for that paint job...

Has anyone had any luck in repainting their original Mark III, or sent it away to someone to have it repainted? I've seen a few amazing custom jobs online. Mine was pretty faded and had a few blemishes so it's something I had a go at myself - I'm sure my effort will horrify any 'professional' customisers, since I didn't even use an airbrush so it's very rough around the edges, but it was still a fun little project.

However, I've always wondered about sending it away to someone to strip off the paint and do an awesome job with it, so wondered if anyone had any good experiences / recommendations with that.

At least read his post before dogging on the dudes figure.

Tell me you didnt give someone money for that paint job...

Could be anyones guess, Personally I dont see it happening as the couple pieces that were also solicited as being diecast were changed over to the plastic format. plus Diecast sucks

May I ask why diecast sucks? I mean, I don't mind if it's plastic as long as we get a re-release, tbh. XD I need a Mark III in my display.

May I ask why diecast sucks? I mean, I don't mind if it's plastic as long as we get a re-release, tbh. XD I need a Mark III in my display.

I dont want to get too into it, but its cheap, cant hold fine detail and paint is not know to stick to it very well, the only purpose it serves it to make people feel good when their playing with their Iron man and flying it around a room it "feels like its made of real metal (whoopie)

I dont want to get too into it, but its cheap, cant hold fine detail and paint is not know to stick to it very well, the only purpose it serves it to make people feel good when their playing with their Iron man and flying it around a room it "feels like its made of real metal (whoopie)

I would second that wholeheartedly. The weight of the figure is in no way related to how it looks.

Hot Toys War Machine Mark 2 and Iron Patriot respectfully beg to disagree.. you been sneaking into Mr Walker's 'Diecast is made by Basement Cat' koolaid stash? :lol

..as to a potential Mark III diecast figure release, would that fix the pink panty issue?.. Hot Toys have not been using diecast for the panties on the diecast figures, as far as I'm aware?

Ive been on Walkers side since day one... Diecast is **** and wont ever have a place on my shelf

..if they release a diecast Mark III, it will sell plenty.. you and Mr Walker are entitled to your opinion, but Hot Toys have proved you wrong.. twice...

Has anyone had any luck in repainting their original Mark III, or sent it away to someone to have it repainted? I've seen a few amazing custom jobs online. Mine was pretty faded and had a few blemishes so it's something I had a go at myself - I'm sure my effort will horrify any 'professional' customisers, since I didn't even use an airbrush so it's very rough around the edges, but it was still a fun little project.

02owgGs.jpg

What ever happened with this figure? Did you leave it as is or do another repaint?

Does anyone know off hand what size batteries go in the chest ARC Reactor? I took all of them out a long time ago and neglected to write it down. I found out the size of the arm batteries fortunately.

The chest/eye lights use AG9 size batteries, and it takes 3 of them. Mine just went dead, so had to check the sheet so I can get new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The chest/eye lights use AG9 size batteries, and it takes 3 of them. Mine just went dead, so had to check the sheet so I can get new ones.

Thank you. Much appreciated. Is it on the instructions? I've only ever opened it for inspection and to remove the batteries.

Yes that is the size on the instruction sheet in the box, now question anyone know a place to get this size battery other than online? Tried Radio shack and Local big box jewelry department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back