Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bringing this open one to the top so you didn't think ive locked them all :D :lol
x

I'm glad you trimmed them down to one, it gets bothersome jumping from thread to thread to follow one subject, great job Adoptedscot :rock

Serious question.. this or HT Batman?

that's what i have been struggling with. i think Iron Man is visually and technically more impressive, but Dark Knight has always been a more fascinating character to me. plus i enjoyed the dark knight movie way more than Iron Man (but i loved Iron Man)

I think Dark Knight for me, but money permitting - both.

Serious question.. this or HT Batman?

I'm asking myself the same thing. I don't know if I can get either but I'm sure i can't get both. Even tho I'm a much bigger Batman fan than Iron Man, I'll have to put the IM over Bats. Of course I just saw these pics today so I'll have to revisit the desicion once the initial wow factor wears off a little. Right now I just can't see anyone ever topping that IM figure.

I kinda feel relieved i pre orderer this guy LAST MONTH! lol
Went with ebay seller goodshipped

Thanks for the tips, all. Being new to HT I need to make sense of things before diving in. As far as I can tell, this and the TDK figs are selling out like hotcakes. SSC is carrying IM, but not Bats?

Thanks for the tips, all. Being new to HT I need to make sense of things before diving in. As far as I can tell, this and the TDK figs are selling out like hotcakes. SSC is carrying IM, but not Bats?

that is correct. that is because Batman is part of DC, and sideshow only has the Marvel license.

I'm drooling at the mouth here, how are UK Freaks getting this one? do any sites have him for pre order?

This figure epitomises the film. One complete package. Perfect.

Agreed. That being said I want a Mark 02 and a Mark 01 as well as a Mark 03 BD from this line.....knowing Hot Toys I'll get my wish.

looks very solid - reminds me of their Robocop release

How many points of articulation did Robocop have?

I thought exactly the same thing, on this occaision I'd rather have an accurate figure with limited articulation, which seems to be what we've got, than a super bendy poseable IRONMAN that looks far from screen accurate.
I WANT IT NOW!

I'm not sure that scoffing at 36 points of articulation is all that limited.....

Awesome, but it seems that he cannot move that much. Wait for more pics with flying pose.
Another little issue, Downey is only 5.8" (maybe 6.0" with the armor) but here he looks like he's 6.3", it will be realy important if HotToys got the entire Marvel Avengers characters upcoming movies. Downey at the same size than Thor and Cap....

What you have to remember is that image tricks were used to make Tony taller because the character is supposed to 6'1" out of armor and 6'6" in armor. He even stood on a box when he did his scene with Gwenny. If he looks 6'3" in armor he actually looks a little too small :lol

Had anyone pre-ordered these yet... They're here................. :monkey1

Hell yeah Toys2 baby!

Since no Movie Iron Man PF was announced I think I may just stick with this. He turned out great as expected.

I wouldn't count out a PF, SSC said that more Iron Man film property items would be released after the first bust was out and about, that makes me think its a bigger ticket which could in reality encompass a PF.

Pre-ordered from the SS website??? I thought it was still just preview stage.

SS's site will offer this up probably today or tomorrow to keep customers from going elsewhere one would think.

Will this be a snap kit like the predators and Robocop? Also, has SSC officially announced it will carry this, or is that an assumption at this point?

With all the light up parts I don't see how this could be a snap kit because it'd be a nightmare if people didn't do it right or heated it up or soaked the pieces to make them fit like they do with the Preds and then have the LEDs short out.

I'm glad you trimmed them down to one, it gets bothersome jumping from thread to thread to follow one subject, great job Adoptedscot :rock

If only someone would do that for all the different TDK HT items.

BOTH son!!!!:monkey1

Agreed. You can't skip one, you need both!!

that is correct. that is because Batman is part of DC, and sideshow only has the Marvel license.

DC considers it a conflict of interest to distribute the DC HT stuff since Sideshow has the Marvel license in house, ironically DC also will not part out rights domestically for their heroes....:rolleyes:

Anyone order from mista305?

Is Joe offering these? If there is not SSC Exclusive which there looks not to be then he'd be the way to go.

Preordered mine from Toys2net. I don't want to miss out and it's one less thing to worry about.

I love Toys2, but I had to go with preordering mine from ABC through Live Search/eBay.

With the 25% off, that's $151.71 shipped. Obviously, one needs to prepay but I'm not sure that price will ever be beaten at retail. Not unless Live's Cashback goes back up to 30%-35%, of course.

Score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back