Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know if the gargoyle itself is removable from the deluxe base?
In the specs it says it rotates 360 degrees, and one photo shows the figure standing there instead -- I assume it's got some kind of peg in the base, which also means you probably can't display it on its own without a modification.

That Bat Computer console is massive. Bigger than I thought. And the chair is really cool.

But it will take more space than I want for that display, even with a Bruce Wayne. It's nearly as long as the Batmobile. And its still tragic that there's no Joker on screen. I'd actually like Joker, Penguin and Catwoman on those screens.

For the '89 movie, I think the gargoyle captures the flavor best... and works with both Batman and Joker.
Yeah, seeing the computer next to the car really puts the size in perspective. Not sure where I would put the thing now.

Lets not forget that BvS was also simple and imposing.
Loved the BVS suit. Thick neck, short ears, angry eyebrows and massive shoulders. Shame they fudged that formula with the JL suit. It's unfortunate that the BVS proportions are also hard to get in figure form without sacrificing movement. I'm curious as to how InArt would handle that design after HT had such a tough time with it.

Seeing the HT Batmobile side on like that highlights just how shortened it looks. It's missing about 10cm in length. I photoshopped it to give a better idea of how it should be. It bothered me at first, but it has so much presence, i can overlook it. When viewed at an angle or from the front, it's not really noticeable.

batcave.jpg

batcave2.jpg

Oh damn. I can't unsee that. Having it at the right length gives it a much sleeker look.

I liked the simplicity but for me it could have used more contrast -- in service to 'realism' the suits can get drab and muddy on film.
It's a good suit, but it's one area that the Keaton suit I think still has one of the biggest advantages: the yellow contrast POPS.

The bat symbol and belt just draw the eye so well, even from a distance or in the shadow.
MV5BMjRlOWFhMGUtOWI3OS00NzBmLTkxYTktNzZhYzliMTczNTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NzE4MTM@._V1_.jpg

It's a good suit, but it's one area that the Keaton suit I think still has one of the biggest advantages: the yellow contrast POPS.

The bat symbol and belt just draw the eye so well, even from a distance or in the shadow.
MV5BMjRlOWFhMGUtOWI3OS00NzBmLTkxYTktNzZhYzliMTczNTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NzE4MTM@._V1_.jpg
Yeah his suit works best with proper moody lighting and contrast. The cowl and eyes being mostly hidden in shadow along with the rest of the suit. Gives it such strong shapes. It doesn't look that good in the film when he's overblown with lights. Him gliding down in that picture you posted is still my favorite shot of him. That shot and the look of his suit still looks good today.

Also him not being able to turn his head will always look silly. :lol Part of the charm though when it comes to Keaton's Batman.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ok, decided to pass on this as I’ve already got 2 DX09.
It’s a wonderful release. Very happy for those who missed the previous one. Updated on many ways but still think DX09 gets a better likeness.
Not saying DX09 is a better figure but it’s 100% Keaton IMO.
I’ll try to grab the DX base in loose.

Seeing the HT Batmobile side on like that highlights just how shortened it looks. It's missing about 10cm in length. I photoshopped it to give a better idea of how it should be. It bothered me at first, but it has so much presence, i can overlook it. When viewed at an angle or from the front, it's not really noticeable.

batcave.jpg

batcave2.jpg
Do you think if we rub it's rhubarb just right it could grow to that length?

Just pre ordered the standard even though I do not like the material for the new cape, not screen accurate and hopefully the gap will not be there in the cowl and the cape in the final release. Typing this as I'm watching 89 now and in my opinion I think Batman Returns is the better movie but that's me. Oh ya wish I never sold my Returns Batman but oh well.

New cowl and cape look quite good in “real life”. Cowl looks like it could be pushed down a bit to close the gap between it and the body.

View attachment 623904
Yeah cowl definitely looked a bit janky to me there.

Was it really like that in the film, or did he have the cape folded back over the shoulder to hide the cowl gaps most of the time ? It's been so long since I watched the movie.

Yeah cowl definitely looked a bit janky to me there.

Was it really like that in the film, or did he have the cape folded back over the shoulder to hide the cowl gaps most of the time ? It's been so long since I watched the movie.
The cowl was glued to the cape so it all acted as a single piece.

Whilst I understand their popularity not everything has to fit in a bloody detolf :lol
I think the argument to be made is that given that detolfs are the sort of standard issue for a great deal of folks, it would make sense that things are sized to them as it works for the vast majority of collectors. I'll be getting a 3/4 acrylic shelf cut so it can push through to a second level. Easy peasy.

Back