Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's either or then 89 every time.

I'll probably get the old man Keaton as well. Don't care about The Flash movie but just like the idea of having an older version of Keaton. More of a 'what if' had Burton been allowed to do more sequels. Not a big fan of the new cowl so I'll display with the Keaton head.
Thats me - Im in the early stages of planning a "Batman through the years" type display and the older version is different enough to the 89 and with the whole multiverse thing you could argue its a different Batman - more importantly is theres unlikely to be that many other figures I can get which have the yellow oval.

If it comes down to one of the other then the iconic nature, not to mention the nostalgia, of the 89 suit and movie will win every time.

Thats me - Im in the early stages of planning a "Batman through the years" type display and the older version is different enough to the 89 and with the whole multiverse thing you could argue its a different Batman - more importantly is theres unlikely to be that many other figures I can get which have the yellow oval.

If it comes down to one of the other then the iconic nature, not to mention the nostalgia, of the 89 suit and movie will win every time.
Agreed

Sorry pop culture zone
Just sharing my own experience, I use to order from them and everything was fine, but then when there was an issue, the guy became really rude and belligerent. Don't want to go to far into it but I decided to no longer do business with him. Just a fair warning.

Just sharing my own experience, I use to order from them and everything was fine, but then when there was an issue, the guy became really rude and belligerent. Don't want to go to far into it but I decided to no longer do business with him. Just a fair warning.
Yeah I only got one more on order I don't plan on doing anything more after that so hopefully my one more goes smooth, thank you for the heads up though.

Yeah I only got one more on order I don't plan on doing anything more after that so hopefully my one more goes smooth, thank you for the heads up though.
Oh wait are you talking about pop culture Zone cuz that's my only order I ever did with them this is my first one cuz I couldn't find Batman nowhere else

Oh wait are you talking about pop culture Zone cuz that's my only order I ever did with them this is my first one cuz I couldn't find Batman nowhere else
I am, and like I said I had a two or three orders without a problem, even if the owner was rude if I ever had a question. But if/when things go wrong cause he's always in a rush and not a good communicator, he will take zero responsibility and blame you exclusively.

I hope for your sake that nothing bad happens and you get your order. I'm also not saying my experience is everyone else's. Just felt compelled to share my own experience in case you or anyone else was considering future business. I think there is a reason they have low prices and yet are still the last to sell out.

I am, and like I said I had a two or three orders without a problem, even if the owner was rude if I ever had a question. But if/when things go wrong cause he's always in a rush and not a good communicator, he will take zero responsibility and blame you exclusively.

I hope for your sake that nothing bad happens and you get your order. I'm also not saying my experience is everyone else's. Just felt compelled to share my own experience in case you or anyone else was considering future business. I think there is a reason they have low prices and yet are still the last to sell out.
I hear you I appreciate it and I also hope nothing goes wrong, I don't really like dealing with new companies myself either that I don't know.

Having rewatched 89 Batman recently, as well as the onslaught of collectibles from Mars & Jazzinc I recently hopped on the waitlist for the delux.

So, I see the headscuplt is "new" but are they really using the same DX9 body on this and not upgrading the suit??

Having rewatched 89 Batman recently, as well as the onslaught of collectibles from Mars & Jazzinc I recently hopped on the waitlist for the delux.

So, I see the headscuplt is "new" but are they really using the same DX9 body on this and not upgrading the suit??
I'd be surprised if they changed the suit at all tbh. It certainly doesn't look any different from what I've seen away. But perhaps I'm wrong.

The "2.0" is from the cowl/mouth plates differences this time around I think, as you already pointed out.

Visually, it appears to be a reuse of the DX09 body, but hard to tell really if you read the description and not just the specs.

The description says “newly designed Batsuit to mimic the material appearance”

Take that for what you will. We won’t really know until it’s released and we see video reviews with comparisons.

18 months since the teaser. With all the Mars Toys 89 goodness already shipping out I’m getting anxious to see this.
Likewise, an 89 setup without Batman feels so incomplete.

Kicking myself for selling the Batman Returns figure though. No idea what I was thinking that week. :slap

Only good thing about that figure is the cowl. My figure is slowly turning chalky for some reason.
This happened to a lot of old Sideshow GI Joes that I bought used. Their headsculpts had this weird chalky finish to them with a white-ish power look to them that wouldn't come off with water. It was weird. Like the headsculpt paint was old and reacting or something like that.

Back