Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CoolToyReview:

Hot Toys has revealed the first two of five 1/6 scale figures based on the upcoming Batman feature film, The Dark Knight. Follow these links to check out the Batman (Original Costume) and The Joker. At this time we have no information on North American distribution, but we'll keep you posted on this and the other three figures.

One of them's gotta be Gordon? Please!

All depends though, these prototypes could have been completed months ago but by contract and movie release, they're only showing them off now. Figures of this quality aren't going to roll out in time for the film without having been worked on quite some time ago, so there is room for change since these were done. MOST times HT's proto paint is either matched or surpassed in final production. The first release of Rocky is a great example, looked nothing like Stallone really but the final product was great. First issue FIRST BLOOD Rambo looks off but they gave a new sculpt and paint job by production piece.

True, but I would think they are already done they might just show production samples. Of course Protos usually look better, but if they fixed some paint issues, showing those would seem like a better idea to me.

From CoolToyReview:

Hot Toys has revealed the first two of five 1/6 scale figures based on the upcoming Batman feature film, The Dark Knight. Follow these links to check out the Batman (Original Costume) and The Joker. At this time we have no information on North American distribution, but we'll keep you posted on this and the other three figures.

I think that's a bit presumptuous on CTR's part to say that 3 more figures are coming.

The HT newsletter says there's more to come for 1/6, but this is what it says regarding 3 items in June.

THREE more TDK items will be coming out in June.

Doesn't specify if they're figures, could be more busts, certainly I'd think a Two-Face bust will be added to the mix once they can reveal his look.

I'm almost certain we will be seeing Two Face, TDK suit Batman for sure... the third? not sure.. could be Scarecrow, could be Gordon.

I pre-order 2 The joker figures from I am toys:banana Best 1/6 toy store of asia.

I do see some fleshy creases in there, forhead, around the eyes, so that's cool. Better than a flat white make up face with no definition.

You know, looking at the shot of Joker from the promotional shoot that I put in Buttmunch's signature, I wonder if HT used mostly promo images, as they're best lit, for reference, if so, it is much cleaner and purer than the film.

I'm guessing the next three will be TDK suited Batman, Goon Bank Robbery Joker and the Scarecrow.

I don't think Two-Face will actually be shown until after the film is released.

Have to say I'm digging the Joker figure more and more, I still think the likeness is a little off, but will be the best production figure we'll see. And the outfit looks really great!

I'm guessing

Bat Pod
TDK New Suit
Scarecrow

Then
Goons
Joker V2
Dent/2 Face

I have a feeling that when the Batpod is offered (HT has been rumored to be working on it) it'll be a Power Loader situation where a Batman is offered with it that is a variation of some kind.

I think the next three things will be figures because of HT's warning of needing bigger shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back